Sign in to follow this  
Nanori

Another Message: Near Stormwind Again ((Open))

-Westbrook Garrison

-Mirror Lake Orchard

Nanori had traveled to Elywnn Forest yet again. This time her target would come from Westbrook Garrison. The location had been predetermined before she had left Silvermoon city. One benefit to having one of the fastest flying mounts possible, it was easier to get around these larger continents.

She had watched the guards for several days, positioning herself in a tall tree, blending with the shadows when they strayed too close to her position. Her good eye narrowed on her target. A young man who was called John, she was able to determine that much from the conversations she overheard. He was a younger man, and if he knew nothing, hopefully his death would prompt other soldiers like him to get nervous, and maybe they would turn over the information she needed...She was going to have her revenge one way or another.

She waited until nightfall, when John was on patrol again. As he walked past her position, she dropped from the tree behind him, that deadly polearm of her swinging and his now still form falling to the ground. An almost unnoticeable whistle and her red drake flew up to meet her, she sprang on the mount, and directed her mount to pick the man's body from the ground. They left the nearby territory of the Garrison, and flew a bit north to Mirror Lake.

She sent her drake off...working quickly. This man would live...he'd never be the same, but he would live. Apparently dead men don't make good messages....maybe a live one would.

She bound the man to a tree in the orchard. Glancing at the sky over head, she realized she had several hours until dawn...she wanted this done before then. She didn't want him screaming for help until she was long gone...so she gagged him, then with a bit of water from her flask she would wake him abruptly.

Young blue eyes went wide as he realized where he was...and that he was unable to move. Nanori smiled pleasantly...almost harmlessly. "Listen to me good John," She said...her voice heavily accented...but her common good enough for him to understand. "You will live after this night is through...however, I need you to relay a message to your superiors and fellow soldiers."

Out came the bloodstained dagger from her pouch, John struggled and made muffled panicked sounds. "Get a GOOD look at my face John," She said as she manifested an enchanted lantern so that the soldier could see her plainly. Shoulder length brown hair, one good green eye..and the scar that marred the right side of her face. "One of your buddies did this to me," She said and pointed to the scar upon her face. "I want to know who did it...so I can kill the right person."

She sent the enchanted lantern away with a wave of her hand. "But he has to know I am serious...he has a scar upon his cheek...blonde hair," She said as she moved in closer to the helpless man. "You probably don't know him...but someone does...and I will keep killing your friends, and possibly you, if no one tells him my message...do you understand?"

She then pressed the blade of the knife to the outer edge of his eye socket. "Such pretty blue eyes..." She said with a bit of a smirk, just before she pressed the tip of the blade into the corner of his eye socket. His scream was loud and piercing, but it didn't phase Nanori. Blood ran down her hands as she worked, made the cuts more jagged as the blade slipped...but she was determined...

After he lost his first eye...his screams died down as he blacked out from the severity of the pain, but Nanori made sure to take the second eye as well. The renewed pain brought him out of his peaceful blackout and he screamed again as blood ran bright in the moonlight. "Remember John, deliver my message..." She said as he was engulfed in a pain filled haze. "I will not stop with you if you fail..."

She then let him black out once again, but the steady rise and fall of his chest, let her know that he survived. Another whistle for the drake, she freed John from his bonds, the drake grabbed him in its claws, and Nanori sprang onto it's back. "Drop him at the gates of Stormwind...let his friends find him. And then take me home."

She sat back in the saddle and smirked as they flew silently over Stormwind, John's body hitting the ground outside the front gates...a sharp groan heard from below, and followed by terrified screaming...

"Let the games begin." Nanori said softly to herself as she urged the red drake on...back to Horde territory.

((people may reply helping the man etc...the events themselves already have happened))

Kali 'Sheath' McCoy was returing from running a message to the gates of Stormwind when she heard a loud, sickening thump acompanied be an equalling sickening crack of a body being dropped to the ground from high up. Kali spun around, and screamed. Ignoring all her training, she ran to groaning body of her cousin. "John! Man down, man DOWN!" she cried. Kali was horrified, John had no eyes, and the blood still ran freely. The morning guards came with a stretcher. Kali took one end of it once her cousin was safely loaded onto it.

When they arrived at the Abby, healers and other members of the guard and 73rd were already on scene. Though she wanted to fallow John into the healing room, her training kicked in. Kali marched up to the most senior officer. She wait at attention until called on.

"Private McCoy, report!"

"I was delivering the morning reports to the gates and was about to returning when, Private John McCoy dropped from the air. I did not get to see from where, sir. His eyes are completely missing and has several broken bones. The morning guard brought a stretcher and we brought him here, sir. That is all I have." Kali spoke her report wishing she could give more.

"The injured is your cousin, correct?"

" Yes sir. We joined the army together, I was sent to the seventy third devision, he was sent to Westbrook." her superior nodded then dismissed her, say that she had the rest of the day off. Kali was grateful and spent the rest of the morning waiting to the healers to save John's life.

After hearing about the death of the first soldier, and seeing first hand the result of the second, Evellin decided to take matters into her own hands.

Within a few hours, there were messages posted on easily visible areas of Stormwind and Goldshire- and a little later, one tacked on in Orgrimmar. They read:

To the psychotic bitch abducting and slaying Alliance soldiers because someone made her break a nail,

It seems about time that someone break the rest.

Slaughtering sheep is not how you go about luring sheep out, my dear; it only brings forth the hunger of the wolves. The scent of blood is all over you now. I'd love nothing more than to take a bite.

I'll make myself as easy to find as possible. Do try to meet with me, you cowardly, self-obsessed wench, and perhaps I can remedy your distress about only having one eye, and remove the pesky one still remaining.

-Captain Evellin Stormguarde

Mizuki was one of the Priestess's who was at the Cathedral when the guard was brought in. The Priestess had no personal ties to him; although she knew him well enough; for he was one of the guards who was often stationed at the Westbrook Garrison. She watched as he was guided to a cot and carefully lowered down on to it. She slowly made her way over to him; her footsteps soft and making little to no sound on the floor of the Cathedral. She knelt down beside him upon reaching him before; she reaching into a nearby basin filled with freshly drawn and grabbed hold of a piece of silk cloth; and began to gently wipe away the dried blood from his face. She knew full well that she couldn't give him back his sight but at least she could ease his pain, as best she could. Gently she placed her hands over where his eyes once were; a few seconds later they began to glow a soft shade of gold, and she stayed on her knees by his side for a few long moments, before slowly standing up and grabbing a nearby piece of silk cloth from a chair. She fashioned the piece of silk cloth into a makeshift blindfold and gently tying it around his head where his eyes once were, before saying a prayer and speaking to him. "Rest for now, you'll need your strength for later. I'm sorry for your loss, my friend." She then bowed down before him and went to the alter to discuss his situation over with the others there.

John's side of this story:

Being rushed into the Cathedral as quickly as he was probably saved his life. He would survive with the aid of the healers...the broken bones from the fall would mend in time. The bones that were broken were a leg and an arm...so nothing that would prevent him from never walking again. However his sight was irrepairable.

He faintly heard the priestesses words as she healed him, and he was grateful for the relief of pain from his eyes. Already it was odd not being able to see...and he was quite a bit panicked by that. But the prayers he recieved soothed him.

"She said..." He paused, panting slightly in pain, "I was to be...a message...soldier...scar on his face..."

It was then he would briefly speak his cousin's name, having heard her behind him...before he blacked out again and fell into a healing sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nanori's side of the story:

She would hear of the messages posted...and when she saw the one in Orgrimmar, her lips curled into a smirk. At least this time, someone had got the message. It may not be the RIGHT someone but it was someone.

She penned a message to "Captain" Evellin Stormguarde:

Psychotic? Me? No...

Vengeful? Yes. Bring it on...I'll be pleased to make you my next message.

Ranger Nanori Windstalker.

"Take that..." She muttered and would go in search of a messanger willing to go to Stormwind for her.

Mizuki looked to the woman standing by his cot. "It's best to let him rest for now, Miss. He'll awake soon enough." She stifled a sigh as she looked to him. More pointless pain and the spilled blood of an innocent. Pointless... She walked over to the woman who was standing by his cot. "I'm sorry, Miss. I promise you that he'll awake soon enough and when he does you may speak with him." With those words the Priestess made her way over to a nearby bench and grabbed several crystal vials filled with healing potions that she had just made not too long ago; before carrying them over to where John rested and setting them down on a nearby chair.

Kali heard the Priestess but made no indication she was listening. She was looking at John's ruined face, and growing steadily angrier. Who had be this? Why John? Who was the man was the scar on his face? The one who did this? No, John had said the message was for him. Unless this was connected to the other dead soldier. That would make sense. Her superiors had given her twooweek leave and Kali would use that time to find her own answers and find away to get revenge.

(short but my niece work up from her nap....)

John passed through the night with no issues. The healers had saved his life, but he was going to still have a hard road to full recovery with a broken arm and leg...lots of bed rest was in his future. When he woke up out of the potion induced sleep, he raised his hands to touch the bandages that wrapped his eyes and he groaned in a slight amount of pain.

"Hello?" He croaked, his voice cracked and dry from sleeping all night and the side-effects of the pain numbing potions. "Healer? Anybody? Water..." He begged not able to see if anyone was in the room with him...but he was desperate for water...and to relay the message more clearly to anyone who would hear it. This woman that had done this to him, was not going to stop...his fellow soldiers needed to be warned.

Mizuki had spent the night in the Cathedral, her mind troubled by much more than just the attack upon John. She rose to her feet with a wince from her kneeling position at the altar, having finished her praying at it a few moments earlier. As she rose to her feet, she heard his voice crack weakly. Slowly she walked over to him, her footsteps soft and steady, before veering off slightly and grabbing a flask of refreshing spring water that she had bought a few moments before he had awoke, and finishing making her way over to him; and kneeling down before him. Quietly, she spoke to him. "Don't try to talk too much yet, you're still too gravely injured." She grabbed a nearby blanket and gently draped it over him to keep him warm. She then looked to him before speaking once more. "You thirsty," she asked as she attempted to help him sit up, by trying to support his body with her own, before raising the skin of water to his lips. "If you're thirsty, drink," she voice spoke, her voice calm. There was a chance that the man may recognize her voice, from seeing her out and about Westbrook Garrison.

John flinched a bit as he barely heard someone approaching. As he heard the soothing voice of the priestess he sighed and relaxed visibly. "So thirsty..." He whispered barely and he felt the priestess trying to get him to sit up he winced a bit. But using his good arm he was able to aid her with his body weight. He drank of the water deeply and sighed as it poured down his parched throat. "Do I know you?" He asked when he had taken enough water to soothe his throat. "Your voice sounds familiar..." He tried to ease himself back down on the cot...careful not to jar the broken bones too much.

John had dealt with broken bones before, but the loss of his sight was going to take some adjusting to...it was already frustrating to not be able to see whom he was talking to.

"Quite possibly. I'm Mizuki Darkmoon. I often frequent the Garrison." She gently tries to help guide him back down on the coat, so that he could rest some more. To the Priestess it made no difference to her if the man had any personal ties to her or anyone around her. She looked to him, her eyes soft. Biting her tongue to stifle a sigh she walked a few feet away and brought him an apple that she had sliced up a few moments before he awoke, along with some bread and cheese, along with more water. He was going to need to it if he was to regain his strength, especially after what had happened to him.

"Hmm.." He said softly, taking it easy as the priestess had suggested. Trying not to strain himself. Although the company was nice, especially since he was trying not to panic about everything he had gone through. "The name does sound familiar...but I am not sure. Is my cousin still around?" He asked as he smelled the cheese that the priestess had brought over. His mouth watered at the prospect of food. His stomach growling loudly, protesting it's unfed state. "I know I lost my sight...and I can tell bones are broken from the pain. How bad is it?" He asked.

"Not that I know of. Although I'm sure she'll be back, soon. You hungry? You probably haven't eaten anything in quite a few hours." She tries to help him sit back up, so that he could eat easier before offering him the cheese. "As for how bad your injuries are, you'll recover fully; however you can't have what was taken from you and for that I am sorry."

He nodded in response. "I feel like I haven't eaten in days," He stated as he again tried to ease the priestesses burden by helping her help him sit up again. This young woman shouldn't have to move his entire body...dead weight was heavy. And John wasn't a small person. He took the offered cheese and ate it with a contented sigh. His stomach finally relaxing. "I figured as much," Resignation filled his voice, "I just hope that people take the crazy woman's words seriously...I would hate to see anymore soldiers be harmed as I was."

"Or even people who are not soldiers...I would not venture out alone if I were you priestess."

"Who did this to you?" She was thankful that he was able to help support himself. Her eyes darkened slightly as the realization dawned on her. "Great... A cold blooded individuals who cares nothing for others," she thought to herself. "Would you like more food," she asked him.

"A woman did this to me," He replied. "She did not give me her name, but I remember her face. She was missing an eye, her hair was about shoulder length, dark brown...she was a Blood Elf. Her accent was very thick." He paused then, and nodded. "Yes please. And if there is more water I wouldn't mind more of that as well." He said. His wounds throbbed and he briefly winced some. His face felt like it was on fire from where he lost his eyes...but he would grit his teeth and bear it...he was a soldier somehow he would overcome this obstacle too.

"Blasted Sin'dorei," she thought to herself as she offered him the apple slices. After he had finished eating them she would offer him more water from the flask which still had plenty of water in it. She reached next to her her and grabbed a vial of healing potion. She looked at him with pity, in her eyes. That Sin'dorei would pay for what she had done to him. "An eye for an eye, leaves the whole world blind," she mused under her breath.

After he had eaten the apple and had more of the water John sighed in relief...his stomach had ceased it's repeated growling at him. "Thank you for your kindness Mizuki, and I fear if this woman does not find her target, you may see more blind or dead on the doorstep of Stormwind." He rested back against the pillow behind him. "Unless of course this woman gives herself away and is stopped...she seemed...so angry."

"Your welcome," she spoke and paused slightly before continuing. "It's quite possible that she was injured by one of the guards around here and she's seeking revenge. Although what good revenge ever did anyone, I fail to understand. Would you like something to dull any pain," she asked him.

John nodded slightly and shifted a bit against the cot...trying to find some comfortable way to rest. Which was hard not being able to see what he was actually doing. "It is a soldier thing priestess...I would expect to find revenge against a fallen comrade or injury to myself...I expect it is not something a religious person would believe in, and if it offends you I am sorry to say it...but I wish revenge against this witch that took my sight."

He settled back against the pillow with a sigh. "I suppose if there is something you have to dull the pain I will take it, I am sure my superior officers will be in here soon to question me on what happened.

Mizuki nodded her head in understanding. "That may be, my friend; however that does not change the fact that an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. I understand why you seek revenge, I'm sure that if I were in your shoes right now, I'd be seeking revenge as well. However revenge only brings more of the same and I've seen far too much innocent blood spilled." She grabbed a vial from the pouch around her waist before uncorking the vial and trying to tilt John's head ever so slightly upwards, so that he could down the potion. If he chose to drink it, he should feel relief from any major pain that he may be suffering from.

"I agree Mizuki, but I cannot help but feel how I feel. Although in my condition, someone else will probably have to get my revenge for me..." He shook his head and laughed sarcastically...you could practically taste the sarcasm dripping off his words. John let the priestess administer the potion to him, eager for relief from the pain, if he was thankful for one thing, it was that the woman had used a sharpened blade, instead of a dull one because he guessed that would probably hurt more. "If my cousin does show up to see me this afternoon, I would like to speak with her at least momentarily." He said with a bit of a nod. "Even if I do fall asleep."

"I will wake if you she arrives, if you happen to be asleep." She gently lowers his head back down onto the pillow. "For now, you need to rest." She manages a soft smile even though he can no longer see it. The Priestess glances towards the alter, shaking her head. Yes, he would live, there was no doubt in her mind about that. However anger and sorrow plagued her, he shouldn't have been an innocent victim.

"Thank you Priestess," He said as she helped him to lie back down on the cot. "I will rest...the potion helped wonderfully, the pain is starting to fade at least for the moment. You have been amazing in tending me, thank you for all that you do." If he could have closed his eyes he would, instead he let the darkness close around him and slowed his breathing, he wanted to sleep...and when he awoke he was sure there would be plenty more questions.

She watched him drift off to sleep, making sure that he was asleep or most likely that was the case, before she rose to her feet and walked outside to the fountain that rested outside the Cathedral. Her eyes landed on the water that flowed from it. She sighed lightly; shaking her head. Enough was enough. The blasted Sin'dorei had caused more than enough damage already. Shadows licked at her feet, swiftly making their way up her body until she was totally engulfed in them. The Priestess walked two paths, one of the Light and one of the Shadows; and she wasn't about to be caught off her guard; regardless if she was alone or with others.