Derathenus

Is the upcoming expansion going to alienate many players?

Rethius.. like swerto said, pandaren wasnt even in lore pre WoW.. yet ppl claim it to be. My point is, if you followed the wc1-2-3 pandaren was non existent, just an easter egg.

Sure WoW changed that now, mutating (we could say) the lore in what ever they want...

Either way, swerto did pretty much sum up a couple of points.

Blizzard has been making the lore whatever they want for years. What I don't understand is why everyone seems so convinced to make it seem like Pandarians are the first time.

I just looked at the talent calculator. I really hope that is some kind of 'pre-Alpha testing' thing, because it looks pretty bad. The game has already been simplified enough. Oh and hiya Izrael!!!

*Looks at all the big bad scary posts from people who quit the game years ago but like to say stuff, slowly mentions*

I uhh...I love Scourge and dark stuff but...Give the Pandas a chance? Also, I hear this focuses on the fun PvP aspects and not silly Pandas wee. So...What if it's not about hugging the cute races, but drowning them in their own blood as we try to get a flag to capture a forest!

DON'T HURT ME OH GOD

On a serious note, I'm a fan of the talents. Not because DKs get so many amazing things, of course. But because...Balance and...Pandas. Yes. Just give it a chance, I guess. Could be the best thing ever, and we can't know until we're in beta.

Altherion has good points. Plenty of people freaked out about Blood Elves coming to the Horde, and about Death Knights in general, and it wasn't too bad. I still like the talent tree the way it is, but I'm not really bothered by the whole Pokemon thing. It could even be used in RP. "I bet my little raptor hatchling here could tear apart your pet pig." hehe.

I'm sure many people disagree on the whole 'blood elves weren't too bad' comment. Of course, I don't know if you were around back in Wrath when Elf RP reached it's horrifying peak. Still, I know a few good Belf RPers who work very hard to rehabilitate the image most other Horde races hold of the knife-ears at the moment.

Regardless, yeah overall, I don't see anything wrong with this expac. Not anything more wrong then what's been in every other expac so far.

I will have to acknowledge that Pandaren was in lore before WoW. Some formal source I have in blizzard confirmed it. However, even if they were there pre wow / wc 3, I still don't like how they brought them in and etc.

Nonetheless, this are going more and more "casual dead brain" like, as to where people don't have much of a choice in the game. They are slowly taking it away, up to eventually make it compatible for zombies in the future.

-------------

Very original.

Even without doing it, that's exactly what is going to happen with this expansion for its following months.

I will have to acknowledge that Pandaren was in lore before WoW. Some formal source I have in blizzard confirmed it. However, even if they were there pre wow / wc 3, I still don't like how they brought them in and etc.

Nonetheless, this are going more and more "casual dead brain" like, as to where people don't have much of a choice in the game. They are slowly taking it away, up to eventually make it compatible for zombies in the future.

It's not like 10 people in this thread were already saying that regarding Pandaren...owait.

And Forsaken are already in the game brosephiroth.

If you wanted to complain about an xpac that was super casual, you missed the boat with Wrath.

It's not like 10 people in this thread were already saying that regarding Pandaren...owait.

And Forsaken are already in the game brosephiroth.

If you wanted to complain about an xpac that was super casual, you missed the boat with Wrath.

I will never be happy until the zombie apocalypse event is brought back.

Never.

Never.

Thisssss. But not because I want it back, because I never even got a chance to see it :< Joined the game the day after it ended. SO CRUEL!

Never.

I really liked the zombie event too, but my point was that the "WoW is too easy" ship was during Wrath, so it's a tad late.

I really liked the zombie event too, but my point was that the "WoW is too easy" ship was during Wrath, so it's a tad late.

WoW without zombies is too easy.

The first one wasn't a zombie apocalypse in the sense that players could infect each other. Rather, the Necropolis would wander around and drop Scourge ontop of random locations.

Guild chat: "NECROPOLIS OVER BLASTED LANDS! "

*Takes tram from IF to SW, then flies from SW to Nethergarde Keep.*

Guild chat: "NECROPOLIS IN EPL!"

"Are you F&^#(##*&)( kidding me?!"

That was invasion 1.

Guild Chat : "Get out of the cities!!"

*looks around, someone pukes on my toon.*

*OMFG ZOMBIES EVERYWHAR PUKING ON PEOPLE!*

"Hehehe...zombies.."

That was invasion 2 ( and way more fun, imo!).

It is disapointing that Blizzard will never have an event like the zombie invasion again because of all the people who complained, and blizzard's new "play it your way" philosophy.

I think the Cataclysm pre-release event was pretty stale, and I have no doubt the next event will be as well. In order for an event to have a big impact and be fun there has to be at least a small amount of disruption of the usual routine.