Necroxis

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

OK… I have to break this down to respond to each little snide remark or upset retort.

How is this coddling to 13 year olds again?

Oh... I don't know.... maybe the fact they are bringing in elements straight from "Kung Fu Panda" and "Pokemon" into the game? I don't give a rats @$$ if the Pandaran was a concept before it or after. Pokemon certainly wasn’t and I still see that you can’t bring yourself to comment on the fact it is a blatant rip off. I mean come on. I never watched the damn show and even I can see that allowing players to “catch” wild pets and train them or send them to trainers is a major cut and paste move. Once again… I was commenting that older MMORPG players (such as myself that did not grow up watching Pokemon), may find this as insulting and disagreeable as I did. I was never a huge fan of WoW lore to begin with (as many people can attest), but my comment is meant to convey that the aforementioned cut and paste of these features, as prominent or sideshow as they may be within the game, is beyond absurd to appeal to a demographic that is even younger than the World of Warcraft and the RTS series it was derived from.

lol Did you even watch anything outside of half reading a description? First, we're not coming to Pandaria to save them.

Um....

Heroes must figure out the cause of the land's illness before the entire island plunges into the abyss!

Yea….‘nuff said. My apologies. Not an illness affecting individuals…. But the island. Whooopie. Funny thing is, Cantha (the continent in Guild Wars Factions) had an island and a mainland affected by a plauge or “sickness” (wow, can no one come up with an original idea anymore? An island and a mainland. Might as well call it Japan and China, but I digress).

Second, the time limit dungeons are an optional feature for people, it's not like mandatorily built into regular instance.

I never said it was or if the feature (mandatory or not) mattered. The fact that it exists now in WoW is simply game companies incorporating gaming ideas (that I have already experienced), and merging them together. The object of my post was simply to point that out. If you get upset about it… I fail to see how that is my problem.

Third, the Pokemon thing is a side feature as well. You're seriously overgeneralizing things, like many who came out AS blizzard was playing the MoP trailer and went "LOL GAIZ THIS IS GUN SUCK"

Perhaps I am overgeneralizing…. But your initial post is an overgeneralization of a future game expansion and you don’t hear me complaining. Or am I?

What are you using to back this up again? If it goes without saying now, feel free to provide one of, I'm sure, many examples.

I will quote someone I have never quoted before…

.....wat
I've heard a bunch of people criticizing this and it's essentially come down to "i haet pandas' or 'the game sucks now'

I loved TOR, but much of the novelty came from WoW/EQ-esq gameplay in the SW universe. I dont want to undersell the storyline components either, but I think you're going to be mistaken if you think TOR is some radically different MMO formula. It's not.

Legitimate criticism pl0x. If people just said "I've played the game for a long time, and I want something new" instead of "LOLGAIZ THIS GAME IS BAD" I'd have much more respect for their opinion.

Now I know you’re upset. You are taking a single sentence in a post that was meant to be more lighthearted and filled with relief and transformed it into this propaganda infested tool to bash WoW and promote TOR.

Let me ease your fears. I am happy that there are other games coming out, particularly TOR. Not because it’s a radically different play style than WoW. If it were identical, I would still be happy because the point of my post was not to bash WoW’s MMO Formula. I am glad SW:TOR took a lot of the same approaches to it because it what makes an MMORPG enjoyable. Where TOR and WOW diverge is their storyline. I played beta (for more than a weekend or four), and I can say that Bioware’s approach to lore and Blizzard’s approach to lore are radically varied. That is not a mistake. Did I say one was better than the other either? No. It’s preferential. Again, the position of my post was an opinion based, light hearted commentary on that difference.

Never knew I was required to make so many damn clarifications. I don’t think my initial post equivocates to "LOLGAIZ THIS GAME IS BAD".

The more I hear about TOR, the more stupid and pretentious I think it's going to be. I understand that having something different from WoW is great, but relentless bashing just makes TOR supporters look bad.

Yea um… again Raziel is right (wtf… am I in an alternate reality?). I never “bashed”. I think people out there who jump to this conclusion take any criticism of WoW far too personally. We should all be more critical of games we pay to play… else, they would degrade to crap if we never held them to any expectations.

Shame on you, Raynell. :-S

There was a good amount of it in the Shoutbox earlier when MoP was first announced, and Creedy as well, in this thread.

I never bashed. If I am guilty of anything, it is having high standards. My apologies if you find that offensive and upsetting. I pay to play a game and I have time and money invested in it. When I see a direction that looks like a a sleugh of random stuff, negative commentary is inevitable (as the shoutbox seems to have supported as you say).

You know, I can't stop laughing at how stupid this entire thing was.

This has to be the most hilariously bad announcement in the history of gaming.

SKADOOSH

I loved TOR, but much of the novelty came from WoW/EQ-esq gameplay in the SW universe. I dont want to undersell the storyline components either, but I think you're going to be mistaken if you think TOR is some radically different MMO formula. It's not.

Legitimate criticism pl0x. If people just said "I've played the game for a long time, and I want something new" instead of "LOLGAIZ THIS GAME IS BAD" I'd have much more respect for their opinion.

This is pretty much why I have no interest in TOR, and the same thing happened with Rift. Honestly, if the best thing they can offer is more in-depth NPC interaction, there's no reason for me to give up all the time and effort I've put into WoW for a storyline I just don't care about. I've gotten enough from the beta to know that much. I haven't decided yet, but I don't even know if I want to keep playing into MoP at this point. I'd almost rather just give up on MMO's for a while.

If it gets people to stop afking in SW, Org, or whatever hub they can add pokemon into it.

Please Blizzard. Show us updated character textures to our toons. Please, please, please. <3 Throw us a bone. MORE HAIRSTYLES. Make us look pretty.

Anthek, it's not just more in depth NPC interactions, it's an entirely different kind of questing experience in an MMO. It's like 8 different single player games that you can play with others. It's fun, It's KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 all in one.

Does it play like the generic hotkey MMO? Yeah, so do a lot of MMOs, Everquest did it before WoW, that didn't make WoW any less of a better game.

Yeah the story is definitely good, it's more than enhanced NPC conversations. Entirely different? I don't think so, but it's different enough that it feels new.

OMG OMG OMG NEC DID YOU SEE THE DEMONS WE GET AT 75?!

WARLOCK PARTY!!!

(Also, did anyone else kinda notice how PvP-ish things are turning? Ex.: Hunter.)

If it gets people to stop afking in SW, Org, or whatever hub they can add pokemon into it.

Please Blizzard. Show us updated character textures to our toons. Please, please, please. <3 Throw us a bone. MORE HAIRSTYLES. Make us look pretty.

Oh god please make us more pretty. WE WILL SIGN PETITIONS!!

OMG OMG OMG NEC DID YOU SEE THE DEMONS WE GET AT 75?!

WARLOCK PARTY!!!

(Also, did anyone else kinda notice how PvP-ish things are turning? Ex.: Hunter.)

Yup! Even though they're just new skins and the same abilities, I don't care.

Anthek, it's not just more in depth NPC interactions, it's an entirely different kind of questing experience in an MMO. It's like 8 different single player games that you can play with others. It's fun, It's KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 all in one.

Does it play like the generic hotkey MMO? Yeah, so do a lot of MMOs, Everquest did it before WoW, that didn't make WoW any less of a better game.

I've seen and played enough to know what to expect, especially from Bioware. In the end, it's still going to be second to the metagame for the vast majority of players and boiled down to what gets you the best loot, specifically with how companions and crafting works. Sorry to say, if there's nothing invigorating about the gameplay, I honestly have no interest in putting off the time and effort investment I've put into WoW, for whatever that's worth now. Not much, if I'm thinking of putting off MMO's entirely.

I don't want to spoil anything, but Bioware's storytelling has been miss or hit for me. I liked KoTOR enough to distract me from the general dislike I had for Star Wars and the writing was better than most of their recent games, but there are developments in TOR that are just fucking stupid to me. the kind of thing that literally had me throwing up my hands in disappointment.

I've been reading over patch notes this morning and figured I'd add my few thoughts.

First, I broadly agree with Creedy and don't think he was bashing anything so much as offering his opinion... with a bit of blunt force. When I first saw the Pandas I immediately did a mental check to be sure it wasn't April 1st! It seems like a really weird and silly idea. I could see it as a side bit - like the Darkmoon Faire - but as an entire expansion it seems like a massive divergence in tone from all previous expansions. That is made worse by the pet combat game being featured so prominently. I like the idea in spirit... I had tried a pet-fighting ring in the Cartel a few years ago with hunters' pets... it didn't work). But the pet combat was featured very prominently on the Blizz page (talents and BGs are nowhere to be found, but pet combat is right there with screenshots). It really gives a terribly childish tone to the expansion.

I'm not thrilled about Monks as a class for a simple reason - the flying spinning kick sounds ridiculously stupid. From what I can tell, you hop up in the air and spin around over and over again with your feet out, like bladestorm only flying. I just know this is going to look silly. Sometimes I try to imagine what a Warcraft movie would look like if it incorporated some of the stupid ideas they put in the game. I'll bet my future children's college funds that there will be no flying repeated spin kick by a panda-man in the Warcraft movie they are planning.

The talent changes seem fantastic to me. The talent system now is rather silly...you get 80% of all possible talents so you basically pick the 4 you don't need and that's the end of it. The new system will make choices very interesting if balanced well.

The BGs, from what I hear, are going to be good and fun.

Overall I'm appalled at the new tone of the expansion, and resigned to my usual disappointment that absolutely nothing is changing in the game other than new quests, dungeons, grinds and a few new abilities. I was more excited by transmogrification than I was this expansion. To give you an idea of something that would make me happy...

Blizzard announces new expansion for Warcraft: Tides of Doom

The war between the alliance and the horde has escalated now that Deathwing has been put to rest. Islands, previously submerged, are being discovered above water in the vast ocean that separates Kalimdor and Lordaeron. Oceanic liners and ships use these islands as ports and trade routes become safer. Steamwheedle merchants, Bloodsail pirates, and the navies the alliance and horde take up islands, loot ancient Naga treasure, and construct naval fortresses to protect the newly discovered mines, forests and oil refineries.

But pirates and sea monsters are not the only threats to the trade routes. A group of naga refugees, carrying stolen treasure of ancient origin, arrive in Orgrimmar warning of a massive naga invasion of the mainlands. Garrosh locks them in shackles, brands them as slaves and sends them to work in the watery mines off the coast of Kalimdor. He thinks little of them until reports from his goblin zepplin runners return telling of massive naga war machines decimating trade ships and island fortresses. Garrosh calls the trolls to Orgrimmar and orders them to begin constructing destroyers. The Horde will conquer the seas once more!

On Lordaeron, the leaders of the Alliance meet in secret in a seaborne cavern off the coast of Stormwind to receive an ambassador from Theramore. They are surprised to see Jaina Proudmoore herself arrive in a barge pulled by massive armored tortoises. Jaina, enraged that her friend Thrall would turn over the reigns of the horde army to someone like Garrosh, has finally decided to rid Kalimdor of the nation she had once helped build. She introduces the leaders of the allied forces to Maritus Vilespear, leader of the Sea Elves.

New Races: Naga (horde) Sea Elves (alliance)

Naga:

The naga empire stretches across the oceans and is made of many warring clans. Your clan was destined to be destroyed until your leaders made a bold plan. Swimming to the surface near Orgrimmar, you took what treasures you could gather and attempted to enlist the land dwelling forces. As a naga, you will start as a slave working on creating the warships of the Horde near Orgrimmar. Goblins and trolls are your masters, but they soon recognize your martial skill. You are trained as a gladiator and eventually win your freedom.

Creation:customized skin color, fins (hair), fin color, face, and slave brand (face brands, shoulder brands, whip marks on their back, facial scars)

Naga racials:

- increased swim speed

- water breathing

- +1% haste with polearms

- quick recovery: knockdown effects are reduced 40% in duration against naga

- tail swipe ability: (cooldown: 2 minutes) swipes tail around in a circle, pushing back enemies 10 yards and knocking the down for 2 seconds

Sea Elves:

Ten thousand years ago during the Shattering of the world, a group of kal'dorei descended into the depths of the ocean and became the reviled naga. Another group took to the seas, surviving on makeshift barges, eating fish and birds and drawing magical sustenance from the power of the burning sun above them. Feral and aggressive, the modern sea elves have lived on the seas for thousands of years - hunted almost to extinction by the hated naga that rise from the depths to feast on them when food is rare. Having only occasional trade with goblins, the sea elves have had to become completely self-sufficient - reinventing their own magical talents, their own carpentry, smithing and weaponry. They tame giant sea turtles as mounts and beasts of burden who pull their living barges - sewn of vines that drink sea water and produce fruiting plants on deck. The northern sea elves have been known to make ships of ice.

The Sea Elves are virulently suspicious of others, but have realized - now that they are on the verge of extinction - that they cannot fight the newest influx of naga by themselves. The Sea Elves sought out Jaina Proudmoore, who they saw years earlier fighting off a group of naga slavers. They have agreed to share their knowledge of the seas with the alliance and help them create an armada to rule the seas.

As a Sea Elf, you will start off the coast of Theramore on the island fortress Mermaid's Tail. Working with the Theramore marines, you help construct warships, fight off naga scouts, investigate and repel a murloc army, and deal with violent local wildlife.

Creation:customized skin color (sea elves are greenish to teal colored), hair (often flat and wet in appearance), hair color, face, and face paint (sea elves cover their faces with dyes and markings similar to trolls).

Sea Elf Racial Abilities:

- purify water (elves regenerate mana 150% faster when drinking)

- sea legs (+10% move speed while in water or on boats)

-

- racial ability: Bask - the sea elf extends his/her arms and absorbs rays from the sun. Cast time: channeled for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 3 minutes. Heals the elf for 25% of their health, mana, and energy. Afterwards, the elf's haste is increased by 10% per second the ability is channeled (up to 3 seconds).

New Features

Tides of Doom introduces several new features including new leveling zones, new Battlegrounds, increased level cap to 90, and a revision of the talent system. In addition to these improvements, we are proud to represent our version of player housing:

Guild Ships

Stormwind and Orgrimmar have dock workers who can be hired to construct a variety of customizable guild ships, which can be boarded by guild members and taken on a number of events (see below). Creating guild ships requires hiring shipbuilders for several thousand gold, and supplying them with a number of rare crafted items provided by each profession. Tailors are needed to supply sails, leatherworkers are required to create patches, supply sacks, and crate lining. Blacksmiths and engineers are needed to create many features including any steam engines, oil processors or cannons. Jewelcrafters, scribes, and alchemists provide minor equipment as well.

Ship specification can be customized which varies the cost. To build your ship, you must first choose a basic size and design: frigate, sloop, pinnance, troll destroyer, high elven destroyed and the rarer sea elf living barge, turtle tower ship, and ice ship of the north. Then you may add or subtract from the number of sails, number of crow's nests, forward firing weapon (cannon, ballista, catapult, trebuchet), tackle (effects maneuverability) and armor. Each addition effects the cost, speed and battle-worthiness of the vessel. Ships take weeks to construct even with all the materials, but construction can begin for a fraction of the price, requiring the guild to continually pay the shipbuilders as construction continues.

Once completed, the ship can be customized with furniture, paintings, rugs, and trophies that show guild achievements. A win lose record of the ship will also be displayed (see below). Rooms can be assigned to guild members so that they can customize them for themselves. Locks and keys (purchasable from the Auction House or crafted by your guild engineer) can be sold allowing trusted individuals access to your room.

What can you do with your guild ship?

Guild ships can dock at Stormwind, Darnassus, the Exodar, Theramore or Menthil for alliance guilds. Horde ships can dock at the Orgrimmar docks, Lordaeron docks (north of Brill on the graves of many murlocs), Raventusk village in the Hinterlands, or Shadowprey village in Desolace - now a much larger and well fortified structure. Neutral docks are available at Steamwheedle ports in Booty Bay, Ratchet, and Thousand Needles. There are only three spaces per dock, so a bidding system is used selling a spot on a weekly basis.

1. Docking services

Once docked, anyone can come aboard your ship - though locks are available to keep some rooms off limits to the public. Ships provide a number of services that can make money for the guild including:

- Guild banks can be turned into vendors. Guild members with the appropriate rank can put asking prices next to any item in their guild bank so that non-guild members can purchase them. Unlike the Auction House, there is no "cut" and no time limit. Additionally, the price does not need to be set for each item, only each item type. So if a guild charges 20 gold for a stack of copper, that price will automatically apply every time copper ore is deposited into the ship vault.

- Guild crafting services can be sold via a guild vendor. Players in the guild who are active (have played in the last week) - can sell their services on their boat at a price determined by the guild leader and advertised on the boat. For example, a blacksmith character can craft a rare recipe for a player even if they are not logged in. The purchaser brings the materials, or purchases them from the guild vault, and pays the guild fee. Within an hour, whether the blacksmith logs in or not, the item will be created and mailed to the purchaser. The guild fee is deposited in the guild bank.

- Guild events can take place on the boat, with guild officers having the ability to eject players (whether they be members or not) from the ship.

- Crafting bonuses. Ships can come equipped with anvils, forges, looms, and other items that can give bonuses to guild members who craft on the ship. These bonuses increase the likelihood of skill ups from yellow and green creations.

- Sea rules. Player ships are considered the property of the guilds themselves, meaning that Blizzard rules will not be enforced on them. Gambling and other sundry activities are legal on the seas.

- Members' hearthstones may be set to their guild ships.

2. Guild Battles

The new "Isle of Dread" battleground is only playable by guilds with custom ships. Guilds must queue for this with at least 5 members, at which time they will find themselves on their ship fighting against another guild's ship. Ship combat will be discussed later in more detail, but here are some highlights:

- ship's must be steered by the captain and turn very slowly. Another player should adjust the sails to help turn or increase and decreases speed. Another must man any cannons/ballista/catapults to fire at enemies in your forward firing range.

- damage to your enemy's ship will damage members onboard by a small amount, but a ship dealt enough damage will be dead in the water and cease to be able to move. If that happens, cannon firing is suspended and the ships will dock next to one another, allowing players to board on foot. The ship that incapacitates the other will receive a 25% damage increase buff however.

- If ships close close to one another they will lock and be board one another, allowing players to cross the planks or swing across on ropes.

- crow's nests extend firing range significantly, but there can only be one person per nest

- flying mounts can be used to fly from your ship to land on your enemy's ship, but they are vulnerable to fire from crow's nests

- if you die you will be raised in the hull of your ship

- OBJECTIVE: capture the enemy's flag will result in a defeat and the victorious party will loot a small amount of gold from the enemy's vessel.

3. Siege Mode!

Garrosh and Varian set their ships against a random port on a bi-weekly basis (one at noon and another at 8pm). Guilds with their own guild ship can accompany their commanders and engage in a large sea battle with the forces of the defense. After the ship battle is resolved, if the attackers are still afloat, they will siege the town from the ocean and send land forces to attack. Players will accompany the land forces while the ships launch attacks from the sea, damaging players, vendors and guards in the enemy town. Achievements and honor rewards are given for accomplishments in enemy towns.

Guilds without their own vessels can board friendly guild ships if they are docked before the attack, or rent a low quality ship from Stormwind or Orgrimmar.

4. Raids

Two new raid dungeons have been added that require guild ships to enter. One, Pursuit of the Defias has players start by dueling a defias ship off the coast of Westfall. Once captured, the defias armada chases the players off. At this point they will no longer control their ship, but will be busy fighting on the deck as pirates board and attack at their own pace. The players are given three 10-minute "pauses" that will suspend spawning mobs in case of a player disconnects or has to go afk. Other than that, the mobs will continue until the raid is complete.

Non guild members can be recruited for these events of course, but 4 guild members must be in the group.

TOR vs. WoW?

I'm pretty ambivalent about either, but I'm not really seeing where Mists of Pandaria is somehow more coddling towards children than SWTOR. I mean let's really analyze this here.

SWTOR includes many elements of the Star Wars franchise, including aliens, space ships, magic, laser swords, and magical aliens who use laser swords. All of these things where things that I particularly loved while I was in elementary school. Furthermore, I recall specifically, the 13 year old demographic being mentioned in this thread in regards to Mists of Pandaria. Seeing as I'm quite sure most all of us have been 13 years old sometime in our lives, what do you dudes (sorry ladies, you're gonna have to sit this one out) think is most prevalent in a typical 13 year old boy's mind?

That's right: Bitches, and the fucking of them. What does Bioware, without fail, ensure to include in every single one of their games released within the last 5 years? Exactly. SWTOR is no exception to this rule, you are given plenty of options to fuck (or at least attempt to fuck) bitches, or bitch-like objects all throughout the game. Even 13 year old girls, flustered and caught up in the stresses and insecurities of middle school, are remembered in this game, Bioware making sure it does it's part to motivate these girls by reminding them that for every girl who flaunts her goods, there is at least 5 dudes out there just waiting to jump her jammies.

So far in SWTOR we have space ships, aliens, magic, laser swords, and fuckin' bitches. We're shaping up for a real jaunt through Maturity Square, ol' bean!

What do we got in Mists of Pandaria? Well, the first thing that jumps out to me personally is Panda-people. I will concede the silliness of this concept, especially with it's similarities to the recently released kids movie, and I do myself find it to be rather stupid. However, when compared to the aformentioned elements found in SWTOR, I am stricken by the blatant similarities: The fact that space ships, aliens, pandas, magic, and laser swords were among my favorite things when I was 8 years old.

As has also been mentioned earlier, Pokemon, which is [kind-of-not-really-but-sort-of] is also something that stuck out to me that is being introduced into Mists of Pandaria. While the argument has been made that Pokemon is also especially childish, I find this to be pure fallacy. Pokemon may appear externally colorful and cheery. In actuality, it contains some of the most dark, depressing, and completely fucked up elements to have ever been conjured by the human psyche. The various undertones represented in those games make both WoW and SWTOR look like Blue's Clues interactive adventure game.

So, putting all of these elements together, I see no other option but to conclude that this entire potential argument is pointless.

I mean seriously, this is an argument of which is cooler between Pandaland adventure, and Star Wars: Dating Sim.

They're both shitty games. It all just depends on which shitty game you happen to like better. It's also wise to remember that not everybody is going to like the same shitty things that you do.

Thanks.

I stopped reading as soon as I saw MONK and screamed!!! Fina-bleeping-ly! Damn how long as it been since one as been introduced in a MMO? AoC, WAR, Rift, none of them that I have played. Ok beside super hero games like Champions, DCU, and CoH could you play with something that actually fought with its fists but they don't count ><

I am excited and a lot more excited that the Pandas get to choose their allegiance that will be extremely interesting to see a group of them divided and come together. Though when I think of gameplay wise I laugh at the whole "Sorry I forgot how to talk to my fellow Pandaran after he joined alliance and I went horde." Excited but I always am for awhile after a new xpack

Edit after going back to read OP...New pet system is...Pokemon?

Adding more post about swtor in here will give you nothing. Stop talking about it.

MoP is just a big deception to me, and as well for other people, they could have brought so much better. Ironskull's idea may be good, but its nothing blizzard will ever do. (for the races) Just having nagas will mean that they would have to change armor models and make special armors for them.. which they will not. (specially when they are [blank on the word.. but making everything the same sort of] everything)

New race: Pandarens

It was to come eventually, since their first appearance in Warcraft 3. But I'm sure they will make them as goofy as the panda kung fu movie.

Monk class: Fun ok, get your free season glad with it once it comes out. But some moves might be dumb (like the flying kick Ironskull mentioned) and a lot of people will surely be annoying (as death knights were with COME OVER HERE) with Skadoosh (said by Raziel in reference to the movie)

I find the new continent a lack of imagination from them.. the "chinese" style zones.. myea.

Challenge dungeon, an other epeen tool ok.

Scenario pve something they added in response to swtor's quest system i do suppose.

pet battle system... Pokemon! Added to made people more addicted and to keep them busy for the "lack" of content. (thats the way i see it)''

New talent, same thing as every other expansion, dont get high hopes, give it 1-2 month and everybody will have the "standard" talent build.

Pot, meet kettle.

Hahaha. Oooh wow. The only person to ever visit this website that even matches my knowledge of all things warcraft and Blizzard is Necroxis. This post comes across like you wanted to insult me, but couldn't find something that would fit, so you just randomly said something that doesn't even make sense in any context.

I stopped reading as soon as I saw MONK and screamed!!! Fina-bleeping-ly! Damn how long as it been since one as been introduced in a MMO? AoC, WAR, Rift, none of them that I have played. Ok beside super hero games like Champions, DCU, and CoH could you play with something that actually fought with its fists but they don't count ><

EverQuest: Ruins of Kunark.

Iksar could be monks (and Humans too). They also had full animated kung-fu moves like "dragon kicks" (jumping and flipping in the air and kicking), sweeps (or tail sweeps, since Iksar are Reptilians), and all sorts of martial arts moves.

They could feign death too.

WARNING: THIS VIDEO WILL TAKE YOU BACK TO MMOS IN 1998!

[video=youtube;http://youtu.be/-SQvDP5xh5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SQvDP5xh5c

(Dragon Kick at 1:48)

Like almost everything core to EQ, this was expanded upon in the sequal

[video=youtube;IzWEDhhCxF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzWEDhhCxF8

Behond EQ Raz, I didn't have the pleasure of having a good enough computer to play it back in the day but I do know what EQ was and I do know they had a Monk class. Thank you though, I guess and I also know of EQ2 having monks but I was thinking more along the lines of MMOs that have come out after the releases of WoW and EQ2. Since I believe both came out pretty close to each other...

Anyways nothing wrong with being excited

Oops before I insult anyone else there was a monk class in Final Fantasy MMOs, maybe I should just say happy about monk class in WoW?

All the negative nancies in this thread make me sad. I'm not going to put anything else about MoP on here, because it was never meant to be a thread to fight about it, even though I participated in the nonsense myself, and just lock the thread.

Y'all can fight about how dumb it is or isn't somewhere else.