Necroxis

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

The new World of Warcraft expansion has been announced. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.

*This is an expanding list, as I had class at 2 and had to leave for a few hours*

Features:

New Continent: Pandaria

6 New Zones:

1.) The Wandering Isle

Separated from Pandaria for millennia, the Wandering Isle meanders the oceans of Azeroth. When the weather changes unexpectedly on the Isle and it begins erratically spiraling toward the Maelstrom, the elders at the Temple of Five Dawns request the aid of four elemental spirits to unravel the mystery. Heroes must figure out the cause of the land's illness before the entire island plunges into the abyss!

^This is the Starting Zone.

wandering-1.jpg

2.) The Jade Forest

After a devastating naval battle, survivors from both the Horde and Alliance wash up onto the tree-lined shores of the Jade Forest. Surrounded by wilderness, they must form alliances with the natives if they wish to survive. Along the way, they will meet the pandaren... along with some of the greater powers that protect and shape Pandaria.

jade-forest-1.jpg

3.) Valley of the Four Winds

A tranquil plain of lush farmland, bordered by dense mysterious jungles along the south and impassible mountains to the north. The valley is considered the "breadbasket" of Pandaria, but the year’s harvest is in jeopardy and a terrible malaise has overcome the pandaren that live along the coast. The valley is also the home of the legendary Stormstout Brewery, where Chen Stormstout and his niece Li Li hope to journey to discover the whereabouts of their long-lost ancestors.

four-winds-1.jpg

4.) Kun-Lai Summit

High atop the frigid northern peaks of the Kun-Lai Summit looms the Temple of the Tiger, an ancient training ground protected by an elite force of martial priests, along with the spirit of the White Tiger itself. Deeper into the mountains is the hideout of the Shado-pan: a mysterious order charged with protecting Pandaria from the dark things buried beneath its surface. When the isolated people of Kun-Lai are threatened by marauders from the west and a Zandalari troll menace invading its northern shores, they turn to the Alliance and Horde for help.

kun-lai-1.jpg

5.) Townlong Steppes

Separated from the rest of Pandaria by the Great Wall, the rampaging mantid people of the Townlong Wastes devour everything in their path in order to build their own crystalline empire of ruthless warriors and scheming feudal lords. The pandaren are left reeling when the mantid's thousand-year cycle of aggression kicks off a hundred years too early and their greatest warriors burst through the great wall. The beleaguered pandaren must now face the worst swarm in recorded history while trying to isolate the cause of the mantid's erratic behavior.

6.) Vale of Eternal Blossoms

The ancient seat of the pandaren empire has been hidden for generations, shrouded in mists and walled-off by impassible mountains. The waters of the Vale are believed to have mystical powers... which has attracted the attention of ancient enemies as well as power-hungry factions within the Alliance and Horde. What secrets lie buried below this mystical font of power?

New Race: Pandaren

It is the rare pandaren indeed who sought a way beyond the mist. Generations ago, pandaren explorers began to gather on the back of a giant turtle: Shen-zin Su. The great sea turtle roamed Azeroth's oceans, perhaps the only contact pandaren had with the outside world. Eventually, they too lost contact with their mist-shrouded homeland.

Players who choose to create a pandaren character will start their journey on the back of Shen-zin Su. When the great turtle is threatened, and their whole wandering homeland is in jeopardy of being swallowed by the sea, players will have to accelerate their training and spring into action.

During their time on the turtle, players will first encounter the Alliance and Horde. Before they are finished, they'll have to make the most important decision of their lives: Which of the two factions will they support as they venture out to heal a world broken by the Cataclysm and threatened by a global war?

Both Alliance and Horde will be able to play Pandaren. At the end of the Pandaren starting zone, Pandaren will be able to choose which faction they want to join. There will NOT be two separate factions of Pandaren on each side, at least not yet. Here are the Racial abilities for Pandaren:

EPICUREAN

Increases the stat benefits from food by 100%

GOURMAND

Cooking skill increased by 15.

INNER PEACE

Your rested experience bonus lasts twice as long.

BOUNCY

You take 50% less falling damage.

QUAKING PALM

You touch a secret pressure point on an enemy target, putting it to sleep for 3 seconds.

Classes Available to Pandaren:

Monk

Hunter

Mage

Priest

Rogue

Shaman

Warrior

New Class: Monk

Uses "Chi" as a resource.

Available to all races except Worgen and Goblin.

Three specs are Melee Damage, Melee Tank, and Healing.

Uses Cloth and Leather Armor

Weapons:

Fist Weapons, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, One-Handed Swords, Polearms, Staves

Sample Abilities:

Spinning Crane Kick:

Instant

You spin while kicking in the air, dealing Physical damage every 1 sec, to all nearby enemies within 8 yards. Movement speed is reduced by 30%. Lasts 6 seconds.

Statue of the Jade Serpent:

Summon a statue at the target location. Anytime yo udeal damage, a nearby friendly target within 20 yards of the statue will be healed. You can have up to 3 Jade Dragon Statues active at a time.

Roll:

30 Chi

Roll a short distance.

Level increased to 90

Challenge Modes/PvE Sencarios:

If you select Challenge Mode for a dungeon, you and your group will be racing against the clock to finish the dungeon as quickly as possible. The faster you finish, the greater your reward. You select Challenge Mode before entering a dungeon. Your gear will be normalized, meaning that instead of your own equipment, you will be fighting using a set of items that's appropriate for the instance. This way, Challenge Mode will be equal for all players.

Depending on how quickly you clear the dungeon, your group can earn one of three possible medals: gold, silver, or bronze. Working together as a team, communicating well, and supporting and encouraging each other is the best way to get those shiny gold medals.

The rewards for delivering top Challenge Mode times will be mostly cosmetic in nature. There will be rewards such as awe-inspiring new armor art, new mounts, titles, and more that will only be available to players who unlock them by beating the game's hardest Challenge Mode dungeons. The more medals you earn, the more rewards you will unlock. There are tiered rewards for bronze, silver, and gold. The more medals you have, the more of each tier you complete.

ss-race-against-time.jpg

Pet Battle System

You and your friends can pit your pets against each other in fun, friendly duels. You can teach your pets unique abilities and attacks, and they will use these abilities when battling other pets. As they fight and win battles, your pets will gain experience and level up, which makes them tougher and may even unlock new abilities. Assemble your roster and duke it out with your friends to see whose pets are the strongest!

What's more, you will also have a brand-new way to add more pets to your collection. In addition to purchasing pets or getting them as item drops, you can now also encounter and capture vanity pets in the wild. If you run into one of these rare pets, you can have your own pet challenge it; if you manage to defeat the wild pet, you will capture it and add it to your collection! Wild pets have stats that vary slightly, so you may end up catching an exceptionally powerful pet. Keep your eyes open!

Training your pets is important if you want them to succeed. You can seek out pet trainer NPCs who will teach your pets new tricks, but some of these trainers will challenge you to a duel; you will have to show them you're worthy if you want them to train your pets. There may be other NPCs as well who love nothing more than to see if their pets can best yours in battle.

They've been at your side through thick and thin. Now, get to know your most faithful companions from a whole new point of view, and discover their full potential. So gather your pets, train them well, and maybe one day you will make a name for yourself as Azeroth's most renowned pet trainer!

ss-pet-01.jpg

ss-pet-02.jpg

"New" Talent system

Access to stuff you never could before. If you were a subtlety rogue you knew you weren't going to get something like Killing Spree. And because talents are going to be all in the same tree, you're going to be able to combine them in a way that you never could before. For example, any rogue can have Shadowstep!

Several new, overpowered (feeling) talents will be added to the game.

If you don't see a beloved talent in your new talents list, don't worry, it's probably something we gave your spec as a baseline. For example all Holy priests now have Circle of Healing.

No mandatory talents anymore.

Every choice should be hard but fun!

Class Abilities are available to all specs in the class. All warriors learn heroic strike for example.

Spec Abilities are available to certain specs. Only Arms warriors learn Slam. Retribution and Protection paladin get Hammer of the Righteous, etc ...

Talents are optional skills/bonuses available to all specs. Any warrior can choose Throwdown, and you will have to pick between 3 different crowd control abilities on this level of talent.

Level 15 - You pick your first talent. For example, warriors have to pick between Juggernaut / Double Time / Warbringer and players will have to pick which mobility ability they want to pick depending on their playstyle.

Yea... saw this. I assume Horde AND Alliance will be able to play a Pandaran, which insinuated there is some civil conflict amongst the pandas (and thus 2 split sub groups of Pandaran that each choose a different faction). Maybe its about the vegetarians and those that like to eat meat.

Genius.

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for the pandaren and Oriental themes. I'm still not sure if I'm going to continue playing into another expansion, though. A new race AND class may be enough to hold my interest.

I'm very interested in where they go with the monk class and I'm glad they didn't let EVERY race be a monk. Goblins and worgen just don't have the proper mental state to be monks. But gnome monks...YES. VERY YES.

The pokemon battle system is pretty freaking hilarious though. Like seriously, go here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/pet-battle

Now replace every instance of "vanity pet" or "pet" with "pokemon". Voila.

Yea... saw this. I assume Horde AND Alliance will be able to play a Pandaran, which insinuated there is some civil conflict amongst the pandas (and thus 2 split sub groups of Pandaran that each choose a different faction). Maybe its about the vegetarians and those that like to eat meat.

Genius.

Metzen said this is not the case. There aren't two factions of Pandaren. He even said that if Pandaren saw each other on opposite factions fighting they would be like "WHATS UPPPP!?" to each other.

Metzen said this is not the case. There aren't two factions of Pandaren. He even said that if Pandaren saw each other on opposite factions fighting they would be like "WHATS UPPPP!?" to each other.

And then proceed to slash each other into bloody ribbons.

inb4 Skadoosh.

That sounds like a bastardization of Skaadvik.

I AM THE DRAGON WARRIOR.

That's seriously all I see when I look at Pandaren. Which is cool, because I love Kung Fu Panda, but it's also bad, because I can't take this expansion seriously at all. And Pokemon pets? =/

Hah, this should have been their first expansion. Pandarens and monks are awesome, but I’m definitely not going to resubscribe for this.

That sounds like a bastardization of Skaadvik.

[video=youtube;31P4DgkW9Ns]

That's pretty much gonna be PvP in a nutshell.

Only they'll launch off a near death cliff, pull you with them, and you'll die, take falling damage and lose durability, and they'll bounce right off the rocks and laugh.

Safe Fall + Bouncy = Negated Falling damage? Plus Quaking Palm will make Pandaeran Rogues -fucking insane-. I'm definitely rerolling.

Also, Blizzard seems to be anticipating something with the new Vanity Pet "Pokemon" system.

Well it seems like it's an optional thing to do, like Archeology.

I think it's pretty nifty for something odd.

I was one of the people who thought Archeology would be a "fun" side-profession to do, and was wrong. Dead wrong.

But this really does seem an interesting side-project to work on.

Granted, I like Pokemon.

So...

The way that Talents work are as follows. At level 10, you choose a spec, just as you do now. You get abilities for that spec, and as you level, you get more abilities (They removed the need to go to a trainer to learn new spells). Then at level 15, you get your first talent point. Any spec can put any talent point into any talent. There are 3 talents per tier, and you get to choose only one. Every 15 levels (So at 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 90) you get another talent point to put in that specific level's talent tree. IE: You cannot put two points into two talents in tier 1.

Here is the Death Knight:

ct16.jpg

ct10.jpg

ct11.jpg

ct12.jpg

ct13.jpg

ct14.jpg

ct15.jpg