Sign in to follow this  
Vilmah

I need a break!! ((Open))

It all happened so fast.

She hadn't been in the Rest Inn Peace for long, before the arguing started. Okhu was mind controlling a new Forsaken girl, one of Keraph's. She seemed nice enough, until she jumped on Niethan's lap, struggling against his objections to kiss and cuddle him. Vilmah tied not to watch, but it was distracting. They told Okhu how they felt, and Okhu became offended.

"Don't judge me!" She kept saying.

Niethan retreated to the kitchen, to cook. Vilmah followed, and they remained there for a while, talking about their hobbies and how they wish people could simply get allong. Nojinbu joined them, at one point, but didn't stay long. Eventually, he wandered back out to the main room for some drinking.

It must have been during this time that he became suspicious of Okhu. Vilmah had no idea what Okhu must have said to him, because she strayed behind, helping Niethan with the cinnamon buns. A singe on her arm from the oven was little cause for alarm, but they ran it under cold water anyway. The kiss on her blistered skin caused Vilmah to linger for a few moments, after Niethan took the pastries outside for everyone...

It was then that Nojinbu confronted her. "Ah don' trust Okhu. She be plannin' sometin'."

Vilmah shook her hand. "Nah.. that's just her way. She's only kidding."

Nojinbu didn't take it that way.

He slammed the doors of the kitchen open, and Vilmah had no choice but to follow him inside.

The shouting commenced.

She didn't remember the entire conversation.. but he was upset with her lack of faith in his judgement. She felt the exact same way about him, and anyone could say that Nojinbu the Frostbite had a paranoid nature about him, especially Vilmah. Apparently, this time he wouldn't be unheard.

"Ah'm resignin' as Inquisitor!!" He said accross the Sanctuary hearthstones.

Vilmah froze. He stormed out of the inn, leaving her in shock. How could he? Vilmah thought, over and over again. She remained in the kitchen until Niethan came to see what the shouting and arguing was about. After the explanation, he gave her his advice.

"Ya need a vacation," she remembered him telling her.

She couldn't fathom the idea of leaving Sanctuary, even for a moment. It felt like abandonment, but Niethan's idea had merit. She had eleven officers who could take care of various Guild duties, and maybe a day could be spared for her sanity.. besides. Nojinbu needed time to cool off before she could speak with him rationally. Knowing him, he was probably off hunting criminals--

She had a thought.

If he wasn't loyal to Sanctuary.. even for a moment.. what would he do? With his explosive temper, she feared the outcome.

"I've got to take a day off," she said to herself, riding the boat to Stranglethorn vale. The beaches there were overrun with creatures, and it wasn't particularly a good vacation spot, considering all of the Alliance who enjoyed making mince meat of any Horde the came accross. It was a backwards step perhaps, but Vilmah couldn't think of a better place to be unseen for a day.

Arriving in Booty Bay, she went to the mailbox and wrote Niethan a letter.

Hey,

I'm taking your advice. I'm in Stranglethorn.. but just for the day. Maybe the heat'll do me good. If you're not too busy, come visit me? You hunters can find anything.

Vilmah

She sealed the envelope and sent it away. Then, mounting Edmund, she made off for a secluded part of the beach. [/i]

It had been a tummultuous week. First the end of his engagement with Teelia had been devastating. Then just recently his newly discovered feelings for the younger sister of his friend Laron, the druid Amadare.

Nouri had rented a hacienda in Tanaris earlier to escape from the bustle of Stormwind. It was also to avoid having to run into Teelia daily and see her with her new lover. It was to that hideaway he was now heading.

He needed the air and time to think so decided a ride through Stranglethorn would be preferrable to a fast griphon flight.

He was just coming up to the large gaping shark maw that framed the tunnel entrance to Booty Bay when he saw a large wolf emerg from the tunnel. It was the kind favored by orc for riding. Indeed seated on the back of the impressive beast was a slight figure in armour.

Nouri recognized the armour and the emblem on the tabard immediately. It had to be Vilmah, altough her face was obscured by her visor and what looked to be cloth wrappings. Nouri saw the wolf veer to the left and head down towards the beach.

Possibly dangerous, as there were buccaneers that were known to hang out down that stretch of sand, as well as naga.

Nouri had not seen or heard from his rescuer since she pulled him out of captivity in Tirigarde Keep and nursed his many wounds in thier clan headquarters. He was in no hurry and decided a quick hello would be in order.

Spurring Marta onward he decended towards the beach in pursuit of the fast running wolf..

She knew she was being followed when the animals behind her backed away quicker than usual. She heard hoofsteps, like the type she heard whenever she went to Undercity.. but heavier. A horse?

Oh no.

Being pursued by a member of the Alliance, of all things.. She frowned, and thought about the new training she'd recently recieved from Fhenrir. It would be useful, if this person wanted trouble. Bringing Edmund to a halt, she lept from his back and reached for her polearm. It's enchanted speartip glowed bright blue, and she got into a battle stance as the horse approached...

Marta was agile in navigating the tricky sands of the beach and made good speed. Too good. She rounded a large boulder only to stop immediately in her tracks. There before them was the wolf, eyeing the horse as if deciding whether it wanted to dine on the rump or flank first. The rider was on the sand facing them, wielding a wicked looking polearm glowing bright blue. She was in a battle stance.

Nouri was thrown forward by Marta's sudden halt and sailed right over her startled head to land with a heavy "thump" into the damp sand immediately before the warrior. The wind was knocked out of him and he lay there on his back looking directly up into the startled face of the orc woman.

As soon as he got his wind back Nouri started to laugh...

Vilmah looked in shock at the human. As he sailed through the air, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the landing he was about to make... it was then that she realized. Was.. was that the one she rescued?? He was! Silver hair and blue eyes, but in much better health than she saw before, it most certainly was the human she repaired as best she could only a few weeks ago. Her damaged face breaking into a wide grin, she reached over and extended a hand towards him.

Their language barrier aside, she hoped that he still trusted her. Despite the few bandages that covered the worst of her burns, her face was uncovered (except by her blue plumed helmet...) and she feared he might be frightened of her appearence.

As he lay there catching his breath, Nouri saw the orc woman's face break out in a wide grin. Then she extended a hand towards him to help him up. It was Vilmah, but she was changed. Nouri tried hard to suppres a wince as he saw her scarred and burnt visage. What trajedy had befallen the woman?!

Standing and brushing the sand off his robe and legs Nouri took a moment to look her over. Wherever exposed skin showed through the armour he saw the scar tissue. It was as if she had been dipped in hot lava! Fearing he might make her self concious he quickly smiled and bowed low. Drawing on his limited knowledge of orcish he uttered "Throm Ka Vilmah".

He then motioned to the nearby rocks and went to sit on a flat stone slab, indicating the rock next to his.

Vilmah smiled at his use of Orcish. It was awfully nice of him to try, so she figured she'd return the favor.

"Hall-ow, No-ree," she said, saluting him with a fist accross her chest. She watched him sit, and sat beide him on the rock.

Vilmah was glad that he didn't seem put-off by her appearence. Perhaps it was because, with his past dealings with her, he hadn't been so very fortunate himself.. but she took it as a good sign, and removed her helmet. Setting it beside her, she turned to him and decided to try practicing the common that Najme had taught her, so long ago.

"Hau ah oo?"

When she took off her helmet Nouri could see the extent of the damage. In spite of himself he took in a hissed breath and let out a slight moan. He smiled at her attempt at common. It was barely understandable but he was sure she had asked "How are you."

He put his hands together and nodded. Then a thought occured to him. It would be difficult as she was a strong woman, but he might be able to hold a mind connection long enough to talk directly to her psyche. It would be a one way conversation, but at least he would be albe to pass on his thanks properly.

He motioned to her to wait.. and tapped his forehead. He then slowly reached out and made to tap her head. Hopefully she would understand what he was about to attempt.

When he gasped at the sight of her, she flinched. Maybe she wasn't ready to be seen, after all.. she looked away nervously, but turned back when she saw him smile. She watched him make gestures, tapping his forehead and then her own. She thought on this for a moment.

Wasn't he a priest?

She trusted him not to try and hurt her. Maybe it was weak of her to trust someone so easily, especially a human.. but she let go of those inhibitions the moment she decided to take a day off. Nodding slowly, she took a deep breath and readied herself.

Seeing her nod, Nouri took that to mean she understood what he was about to try. He concentrated and visualized her in his mind. Then making the mental leap he jumped into that image.

Immediately he felt her presence envelope him. He had the now familiar sensation of seeing the world through her eyes. There was a moment of vertigo when he saw his own face looking at her (him?).

A small portion of his conciousness noted absently that he needed an eyebrow trim, and that pimple on his chin wasn't as obvious as he had been worried about.

Concentrating he sent the words he has been planning directly to her mind.

Hello Vilmah. I am now in control of your mind and body. Buahahaha!.. Seriously. I am glad I ran into you. I didn't get to thank you properly for your kindness and compassion. I'm sorry I left so sudden, but time was working against me. I controlled that troll friend of yours, Nojinbu is his name, the same way as I am now talking to you and explained my problem. He helped me greatly. He is a good soul. Odd for a troll. But then goodness comes in all forms.

I can't hold this much longer. I have a gift for you. I have been carrying it all this time meaning to have it sent to you. Its a simple thing. A black dress I made. Not nearly enough to show my gratitude. Know you will always have an ally in me if you need it. Just say the word. I don't know what trajedy you suffered, but I see that healing was done as much as it could be. If I could do more to help you I would but I fear that.......

The link was broken. Nouri swayed a bit as he settled back into his own mind and regained his bearings. That was a longer connection than he had hoped, but still he had to rush the words. There was no way of telling how much she actually received except by judging her reactions.

The rush of words swept over her consciousness like a flood. Having someone take over her body always felt like an intrusion, but Nouri did it as gently as she believed he could. She was glad that he sounded kind in his words, even friendly! When he spoke of Nojinbu, she felt a pang off guilt and sadness. He did have a good soul..

From that point on, her mind wandered to her duties. Or at least, they would have, had she been in control. Nouri brought her back to the moment with the mention of the tragedy she suffered. It had been a long road to recovery, but not in the physical aspect. Her heart hurt more than anything else, after the loss of her appearence. She wondered if he could feel her tumultuous emotions as he spoke, but she didn't think so. He was in a hurry, and the spell didn't last long.

When finally, she was in control again, Vilmah shook the cobwebs from her head and stared at the sand beneath their feet. After a few moments, she felt normal again. Looking up at Nouri, she smiled and nodded. Vilmah extended a hand, and put it on his shoulder. She hoped he would understand that she felt the same way as he. Allies they would be.

She smiled at him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Obviously she understood at least a good portion of his message. It was difficult to pass on such detailed and specific messages. Indeed in the past Nouri's efforts at Mind Control were mostly restricted to forcing enemies to jump off the ship between Ratchet and Booty Bay after they decided that they didn't want to share transit with "Alliance scum."

Rising from the stone, Nouri went over to where Marta was casually chewing on some tall grasses at the jungle's edge. The horse was being careful to keep an eye in the wolf, which had never stopped its study of the pinto.

Rummaging though the packs Nouri found the black mageweave dress he had been carrying around for a couple weeks now. It was wrinkled and a little dirty from sitting in the bottom of his satchel, but Nouri put on a friendly face as he handed the dress over to Vilmah.

" Hopefully I got the size right." he thought.

Vilmah looked at the dress gleefully. She overlooked it's condition, she couldn't notice it if she tried. She was simply too overcome with emotion at the sight of such a pretty gift being given to her. Holding it up, she saw that he even made it small enough for her; except perhaps the chest part. She'd lost quite a bit of weight since her time with the fire elementals, especially the more femenine parts of her.

She leapt to her feet and embraced Nouri in a bear hug. Her arms encircled his waist, and she came up to his chest at best, but she hugged him all the same. At once,s he realized it wouldn't do for him to give her something without giving him something in return. She put a finger up, in a "wait here!" motion, and ran to her bag. Rummaging through ball after ball of yawn, assorted needles, and half-finished baby clothes, she found what she'd been looking for; a scarf.

She brought it to Nouri, and held it out to him with a smile. It was pale blue, with snowflakes knit into it. She'd made it a long time ago, but still, the pattern brought pain to her heart. When Nojinbu lamented the idea of an itchy wool scarf, she didn't mention the fact that she made it for him. He wouldn't have used it, anyway.. but maybe Nouri would appreciate it.

Not far from Vilmah and Nouri, was none other than Nazshakul, here of all the strangest places. He was bathing waist-deep in a small lagoon nearby. Even though he was older, he still cut quite an impressive figure with how well in shape his body was. His hair was all unbraided including his beard, to make cleaning them easier. He happily singed loudly as he washed his arms and chest off as his poor succubus, Helxia, washed his back, looking pitiful having to scrub the old orc's back.

"Oh, come now father dear and turn this blood to choice...

You know I think these young are spent, and have seen their days.

My back bares the scars of work, while my sweat has cut the cost.

If my word to God isn't bond then I'll be damned to say,

This can't be so bad-Hmmm?"

Nazshakul suddenly glanced all-around, seemingly hearing something not too far from there. "Hello!? I know you're there! Show yourselves!"

Oouff!! Gods the woman was strong!

She caught him up in a bear hug without warning after he handed her the dress. Her head barely reached his chest and yet Nouri thought his ribs would crack under the pressure those arms were exerting around his torso. Petite she may be, but never let it be said she was fragile!

After she released him, she motioned for him to 'wait' then ran off to her bags. Nouri saw her digging around. Balls of yarn and knitting needles were removed and sorted through. Soon he heard her let out a little sigh of triumph. She returned bearing a pale blue bundle which she pressed into his hands.

Unravelling it Nouri discovered it to be a tightly knit blue woolen scarf with little white snowflakes. His astonishment at the revelation that this fierce orc warrior woman knitted woolen clothing was soon replaced with a lump in his throat. It was a touching gesture that he hadn't expected in million years. The scarf was well made, the detail on the snowflakes showed that she had taken obvious care in its knitting. Wrapping the scarf around his neck Nouri noted that it was quite long. He had to double it up to avoid it dragging in the sand.

Now THIS was something he could have used last week in the Hinterlands!

"Thank you very much! Its beautiful!" he said. Of course she probably didn't understand the words, but the moisture in his eyes was something he couldn't hide.

He reached out to put his hand gently on her cheek and planted a quick kiss on her forehead.

He then turned to Marta and mounted up. With an exaggerated wave he spurred Marta into a rearing salute, smiled, and rode off with the trailing ends of the blue and white scarf flying in the wind behind him.

He didn't go far before passing the startling image of a half naked orc bathing in a little pool near the beach with a succubus.

Vilmah waved goodbye to Nouri, grinning to herself from ear to ear. She was glad that he liked the scarf, but even more glad that she had someone else on the Alliance to call a friend. Watching him dissapear into the distance, she settled back down on the rock and looked out into the ocean. The waves hit the beach, and she had to admit that their sound was calming. Their steady approach and descent was almost like a song.

Except.. it was a song with lyrics.

Her ears twitched, and she turned around. Someone was singing, nearby! It sounded like a man. What man would be singing out here?? Picking up her polearm, she told Edmund to stay, and went off in search of the singing. She forraged through shrubbery and wildlife, picking bugs off of her arms before coming to an odd sight; her uncle, bathing with a succubus.

"Hello!? I know you're there! Show yourselves!"

Vilmah giggled, and stepped foreward. "..sorry, uncle Naz. I thought this place was deserted!"

"Vilmah!" He shouted enthusiastically as he waved. "Ha-ha! You almost gave me a heart attack! I though one of those wild trolls had come for my scalp. You decided to come and relax out here too? I just had to have some time to take a break from my duties. It isn't easy for someone my age to run around so much..." He seemed to be in a good mood for once, in contrast with his usually surly nature.

His imp, Dagfip, was catching fish and delivering them to Nazshakul's camp that was set up nearby, and his voidwalker Zangvhug was gathering petty lumber for a campfire and setting up the warlock's tent.

Having seen the proceedings, he thought it better to stay still. He continued to watch from his safe perch in the tree- Hopefully the superior battle tactics of the warrior wouldn't spot him as he sit in the shadows.

Sorvius took another glance through his eyeglass.

"Hmm..." he sighed. "Orcs...." he watched as Nazshakul was being washed. "Isn't 'e worried someone will attack 'em?

He pulled down his mask to take a bite of bread as he watched the Human. "Yea... thats Vilmah allright. Allways makin' deals with the scum."

He unsheathed his knife slightly, then put it away realizing the glow from it might give him away to the "enemy".

He continued to watch the developments with his two hollowed-out eyes, taking in every moment.

She noticed all of his preparations and shook her head. "Hah, and here I was, thinking I was the only one who needed a break.. I've been so busy lately, I was starting to go hysterical! Niethan suggested I take a few days off, but I don't think I could do more than a day without missing everyone."

Vilmah noticed that he was more cheerful. "...y'know, maybe taking a day off once in a while isn't such a bad idea."

"Of course not dear!" He winked. "Even an ol' taskmaster like myself knows you need some time just to relax and forget your worries for a time. You might do well after a couple of days rest, here, why don't you keep me company? Let's forget all of our problems, for now we're not an old warlock and a warboss, we're just an uncle and neice, family, spending some rare quality time together." He laughs out loud as he cleans in under his arm. "Of course, you don't have to, I'm sure you want to relax by yourself for a while..."

She smiled and looked around. Nobody else could be seen, but she wondered if maybe Niethan was coming. Either way, it would be good to spend some time with her uncle.

"I could use the company, if only for a while."

She took off her boots, revealing orange woolen socks. Pulling those off and tucking them into her boots, she lay them on a large rock and dipped her feet into the water. She studied her uncle's form, and wondered if she would ever reach his age. Although he was old, he still looked rather fierce. As a warlcok, she couldn't imagine him doing much physical labor... but still, he was at least three times her size in muscle mass.

"Uncle Naz, was anyone else in our family built as small as I am?" She asked, removing her gauntlets. You don't look like you are, and daddy says I got it from your side of the family."

"Hmmm..." Nazshakul pondered a moment before replying. "You resemble your mother, actually, now that I think of it. She had the same small build, but from the way she acted you'd think she was twenty feet tall!" He chuckles inwardly.

"To be honest, we didn't get along much, and as a result I didn't see her as much as I probably should have. He gives a weaker laugh and smile now. "Too much alike, I suppose."

She looked at him curiously, getting more interested. Vilmah took a few steps into the water, until it came to her knees where her legarmor began. "Too much alike? What do you mean? Was she very much like you?"

Moment had loved Stranglethorn. The predatory aspect of himself had felt perfectly at home there, another stalking shadow full of teeth. Muir/Niethan may not have been three anymore, but none of his personalities had truly vanished, and it was not more obvious than when he was remembering Moment.

He clung to a thick branch in silence, half-listening to the confrontations Vilmah was recieving, but far more focused on observing Sorvius. He knew that spider, and the beast under his skin ached with wanting to chase him.

But a spider was quick and silent and deadly. Moment had understood this, and so did Muir. It was better to play the serpent and watch the watcher, and wait to see if the spider would stay in his web or go a-hunting.

Muir flicked his hears to listen to the slight sssh of a blade being drawn, then resheathed. He swallowed the growl in his throat, and took a moment to resettle the faint prickle of hunter magic he was using to keep his senses sharp for the hidden.

He began to creep forward, using the thick limbs of the twining trees as a path to the spider's nest.

Nazshakul cleared his throat and paused washing himself. "Well, alike in a sense that we're both impossibly stubborn. If she made up her mind about something, well, by Doomhammer that was it, there was no changing her mind. I was the same way, and that caused more arguments than I care to remember as we both had different ideas about the best way to do things..."

Stroking his beard, he continues. "Though she also had a gentle side, you remind me of her in that way. She was infinitely more pleasant to be around when we weren't arguing, almost like two different pairs of people at times, heh..."