Derathenus

Been awile..How is Cata treating everyone so far?

There is still a massive difference between PvP and non-PvP realms. Even with a decline in World PvP, it is still much more vibrant than on some PvE server. There will always be people who like to have good old fashioned all out brawls. It's not for honor or for gear, it's just for the fun of it.

Wow been awhile for me, I got the 7 day free trial thing and got lost in Org the first time. Things have changed a bit-although I haven't played since a little bit of LTK

It has been a while. How have you been?

Sowell

I've been doing great! Been playing some games that don't require monthly payments, checked out LFD2 never really played the first one, I was thinking about you actually! I still get that Coffee jingle stuck in my head.

What about you have you been playing lately?

I've been doing great! Been playing some games that don't require monthly payments, checked out LFD2 never really played the first one, I was thinking about you actually! I still get that Coffee jingle stuck in my head.

What about you have you been playing lately?

I took some time off to make a WC3 mod:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/battle-tatooine-202229/

And then I ran the Cult of Davore on Wyrmrest Accord as an alt-guild with players from TN and WA. It went okay, had some good stories in it, but recruitment was bitch.

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=275449&TabID=2311969

Hmm... other than that I haven't been playing much. I play with my lovely woman on our blood elves from time to time, and am leveling an orc shaman named Gangestad though there's not much to him.

I'm excited about SWTOR but a little nervous it'll be terrible.

Personally.. Cata was pretty 'meh' for me. Yes, I did quit for a few months, because I just wasn't feeling it. I still largely, don't. But here's my list of pros/cons of the x-pac.

Pros:

- Amazing new raid content: Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent. Yes, Throne of the 4 Winds was pretty awesome, but lets face it, it was easier than Ruby Sanctum when it first dropped. Kinda killed it just a bit. The former two however, were pretty awesome, in the fact that they were actually challenging. And I mean like, wipe on the same boss for four hours straight kind of hard (Valiona/Theralion ((BOT)), and Maloriak ((BWD))). And then you finally hit that final point where they drop, and the entire vent goes nuts, because hey. Challenge complete. Y'all remember that?

- Old world re-vamp. Who was getting tired of doing westfall, every time you rolled Alliance? Please, raise your hand, nuff said. I admit, some of the zones I still get a little torn over the damage (Ashenvale, QQ), but the changes were needed, if just to infuse a little bit of life back into the game.

- New zones added. And this is a pretty big point. The new zones are fabulous. The little tweaks you see here and there just to make things a little more interesting. The differences between the zones; how you could go from Hyjal to Vash'jir, to Deepholm, to the complete desert of Uldum. With Wrath, everything seemed almost alike -- northern lands, Northrend. Similar to Norway, Finland etcetc. It was just so DIFFERENT everywhere you went. Aesthetically appealing to the visual folk, and interestingly appealing to those who preferred the quests, finding stuff, etc.

- Tol'Barad. Love love love Tol. Not on the server I now play on, however. Still fifty billion horde to one alliance member over there. But, it's just so fun, engaging in world pvp, with folk you know and recognize.

The Cons?

--> Phasing. I hate it, because it KILLS PvP. And because if you're a collector of any sort, metal nodes and plants phase too. >:

--> Gear scaling. I used to LOVE, LOVE air ganking. With Cata, I could no longer do it, because the gear and resil scaled way beyond the damage output. It was disheartening, because air ganking made the game so much fun. With that gone, it was like.. meh.

--> Archaelogy. Because I'm inpatient. :D

--> The battle for Gilneas --> stupidly imbalanced, if you get to WW fast enough. They really need to redesign that, imo.

--> The constant buffs to classes that don't need it. IE: DK's getting 'thatonemovethatican't-- Dark Similacrum *sp* [The health absorby one], or mages getting their damage buffed again and again. Its getting to the point where it's almost obscene, the damage output. I can say to friends, "Man, I remember when 30k was a massive crit in PvP", and they have NO idea what i'm on about, because they're cata-babies.

--> The fact that smaller guilds were eradicated by the guild points / achievements system. It was a shame to see some of the smaller guilds assimiliated into larger guilds, really. there were a couple awesome ones out there.

--> once you hit 85 (a day, maybe two), that's it. BAM. No more. Have fun gear grinding. It just went by so quickly. Who remembers the wrath grind? Oh yeah. 3 months, here. (circumstances, but still.) What bout you?

I know i'll probably think of more later, but, that's what gets me, most of the time

I have to agree that the level cap came way too fast in Cata, and that the gear scaling was a bit overkill. Then again, it did address, for the most part, the issue of being globaled way too quickly (even in spite of FOTM bursters like Pre-4.2 Warriors and, at the moment, Feral). As for air combat, well, I'll welcome it back the day they bring back Prot PvP, but we can't have it all our way, can we?

I also realize that Paladin PvP is, at the moment, faring better than usual, but the problem I have with Ret is that it doesn't feel like a PvP class at all. The Paladin toolbox is extremely limited/situational at best, and the things we desperately need we honestly don't have. I thrive on having a lot of utility to provide, and being limited to one stun, one "sap", and offheals doesn't cut it, plus the lack of tools makes synergy with other classes extremely difficult since comps can easily do better with other classes. Going rogue made me realize just how limited and poorly designed Ret is for the long term, because what they have pales in comparison compared to other classes as far as mobility and control are concerned. Yeah, I know paladins aren't supposed to be rogues, but they should have at least more than what's being given to them. Holy, I know, is by and far one of the best PvP healers at the moment, but the nerf train is coming for them, hard, and Blizzard is suddenly caving on their stance with Mortal Strike effects, which means if things go the way they are, it'll just end up being another WotLK-fustercluck for PvP.

That being said, this expac was great. For my rogue. For Raynell? Not so much, but I'm glad I moved on when I did, or I'm pretty sure this would have been a nigh unbearable experience.