Sign in to follow this  
Evolyn

Ev's Art

Hi everyone! You may not know this, but I'm a student at a disreputable chain of art schools - I want to go professional some day, and Jan's been pestering me to post some of my work for a long time, and I've finally buckled under the pressure! If you like what you see, thank her kindly for haranguing me endlessly, won't you? <3

So here's a pretty picture of Ugraz.

ugraz_wip_by_otacon144-d3he32s.jpg

Sorry I haven't been updating this! School!

To make up for that - time for a little art-dump!

janaelle_pally_dk_wip_by_otacon144-d3hg970.jpg

An older doodle of Jan as a Pally and a DK.

janaelle_portrait_wip_by_otacon144-d3i1vvt.jpg

A much-more-recent portrait of Jan - looking sad. :(

bianqua_portrait_wip_by_otacon144-d3i1w3x.jpg

An early picture of Bianqua looking... >:C. I'll have to put up the original sketch of this - I think I like it a little better.

tng_doodles_by_otacon144-d3i1wyl.jpg

A page of doodles in various stages of coloring - which includes another attempt to draw Bianqua, and a bust of the late Bjorni Bloodfist. :D

renny_and_the_berry_slush_by_otacon144-d3i1win.jpg

A quick doodle I drew up the other day of Renny enjoying a Mixed Berry Slush. <3

Bumping this thread to tell everyone it's finals week for me, which means I'm most likely going to be very busy; and I'll also be leaving for break at the end of the week.

However, I DO have a few more drawings and the like for you, which I'll be posting when I can get them scanned!

Oh, hey! I got them scanned!

tng_doodles_2_by_otacon144-d3iyd2s.jpg

Dornaa! <333 Some of you may remember seeing her following Ev during Children's Week.

tng_doodles_3_by_otacon144-d3iyda5.jpg

Here's a few doodles I made earlier thinking about a couple of you guys. I hope you can recognize who inspired what! ^^;;;

who's the fugly guy with a big nose and big ears?

...and a bomb..?

D :

The Goblin was supposed to be Crutch, but whether or not it actually LOOKS like him... >>

Oh, the bomb's probably one of Ugraz'.

Wait-- there's a BO--?? *KABOOM!*

Btws Evy is tha' teh Rennawhz again? :D 'Cause, I tthheeeennkkk thaz her warblade...

Eef so, thankies!! *Glomps*

Eef not, dun mind meh. I jus' ramble on a lot.

Rawrs

Btws Evy is tha' teh Rennawhz again? :D 'Cause, I tthheeeennkkk thaz her warblade...

Eef so, thankies!! *Glomps*

Eef not, dun mind meh. I jus' ramble on a lot.

Rawrs

Yus. Only warblade-wielding Draenei I know is tah Rennahwz. <3

"This is MY bottom corner of the page. Touch it and you shall get burned!"

Its nice to see Ran being drawn differently in a different style. It always peeks my interest when someone draws my characters in their style, seeing the different variations and such. That goblin, I thought it was Waluigi or whatever his name is spelt xD

Vly: This may sound cliched, but I don't think of myself as being "talented;" it's all a matter of practice. The only reason I can draw like this, is because I draw a LOT, and many of the best artists I know feel the same way. I'd be setting myself up for embarrassment, but I may just have to show you some of my "work" from three years ago, before I started at my disreputable downtown art school. Looking back with the knowledge and practice I've accrued in that amount of time... *shudders*

Talent might have a hand in it, but I've learned that work trumps talent, when talent doesn't work. Having an innate understanding of form or color or what-have-you can give you an advantage, yes, but starting halfway down the track doesn't mean you've won the race. I guarantee that like the best athletes are the ones who train and practice, the best artists are the ones who draw and study.

Paraphrasing one of Chuck Jones' teachers, you've got 10,000 shit drawings in you before the good ones start to come out - so start cranking them out NOW. <3

...Wow, I really went on a rant here.