A smelly, well worn journal...

The journal seems to be a copy... and you have to pay thirty gold from some shady vendor that CLAIMS it's legit. It smells of rancid cigar smoke and ink...

For a nominal fee, the Goblin's journal has additions. By reading, you oblige to pay said fees, and the ink seems to appear on the parchment papers that were once blank once the gold is deposited into the hand of the slimey middleman.

ENTRY 1: The Contract of the Century!

The Contract

So check it. This troll with tusks as gnarled and as long as my Gram-gram’s crocked body approached me one night; I was enjoyin’ some drinks, having some laughs and enjoyin’ my retirement when this brutish shadow started blockin’ my light. Apparently he had heard of some of the jobs I had done, specifically the little stunt I pulled posin’ as a barber for Stormwind… when really I was a butcher. Man that was a good gig; I learned lots of secrets for the Horde chattin’ up gabby goons needin’ a shave, and I got paid twice over. Horde paid for the intel, and the tips that these chumps dished out wasn’t bad either.

So when this tusks asked to find some mass-resurrection schematic some Gnome named Creedy was workin’ on, I thought I could pull myself out of retirement for this contract. After all, since it was just a contract, I could still claim I was retired and stay within the lower tax bracket! Gran- gran always said ‘…it’s alright to scam someone, but you better learn to watch your back. It’s better instead to do something right, but only if you’re workin’ two or three angles which ensure you’re makin’ twice the doe!’

Ah Gran-gran. The slyest devil in Strangelethorn, I tell ya.

Back on track: the job. Find these schematics so this troll who called himself Leyujin can weaponize this thing for the Grim.

That was the only thing that I was nervous about. Fail, and I would piss off a little hornets nest that couldn’t care less if I was hung and quartered.

But then I reminded myself… I’m Spymaster Crutch! What could possibly go wrong?!?

The Mark

Things are already going horribly wrong. This Creedy is a tough Gnome to crack. I guess he learned some anti- interrogation techniques from the GCO or somethin’. I’ve tried water boardin’, explosives, various poisons… all the tricks in the book. It’s like I nabbed the wrong guy, except he KNEW about the schematics. He told me about his theories…. This Gnome is a few bucks shy of tax time. I’m about to pull my hair out of my head with him ramblin’ on and on about his time in Ulduar and how the Titans made us as machines. He keeps gabbin’ about how that must mean we all must have on and off switches inside us, even after the organic malware.

Whatever. I finally gag him after I’ve got the general gist of it. A plan begins to form in my head…

Day 2

This gig better pay out good! I had to buy 200 elixirs of Illusion for my crazy scheme. I’m gonna find that schematic AS this Creedy Gnome. I got enough information from him to know that he’s currently in the Praetorian Guard (a militia I’ve inadvertently had runs ins with before) and who some of his associates are. While the gnome is too drugged for me to copy his mannerisms, I can improvise. I’d dealt with enough of the snooty midgets to be able to act like one for a few days while I tracked down where Creedy… I mean, where I misplaced my schematics.

Am I smart or what?

Day 7

A few days, my gold! This just keep getting’ better and better. So no one knows anything about what Creedy’s workin’ on, much less where his schematics are. I realize that I may need a bigger crew to get things started. So, I began to assembling a plan in my mind. I’m a visual spymaster, so I pictured it like a game of chess; each piece was an element that I had overcome to get to my objective. The schematics. I saw the problem right away. I was playing with only one piece! I needed more….

So I began making fliers to recruit some people I knew HATED Stormwind and authority in general. The Defias.

I had heard something about some chick taking over the Defias, so I made up a plan to pretend that Creedy was an original Stonemason and he was looking for more direct revenge. All I had to do was send out the posters and wait.

Day 8

What a Day!

The response I got wasn’t huge. Three or four humans showed up: Matinmor, Veirdan, some guy with a mouth as big as a Goblin named Vlynor, and Ms. Nikaa Davies. Seemed like a decent crew, but I knew before they even knew the plans… that one or more of them were workin’ for someone else.

Which was fine. I covered Creedy’s face up with a Defias mask to look like the real deal, and to allow me anonymity when I was lookin’ for the schematics in my… not-so-criminal time.

I called myself “Mr. C.”, because I recognized how poetic it was. Our names were similar… Crutch…. Creedy. Hell that would make one helluva business name. Anyways, I wanted to test their loyalty to the “cause” I adopted. I made up some cockamimi story about nobles and what not, just to see if they could A) follow orders, B) allow me to sniff ‘em out as possible leaks, and C) to give me more time to at least find a hint of what was going on with the cogsuckin’ schematics!

What was interesting was who showed up with who. These guys came in fairly close to one another (time wise)… which made me wonder if they had a history with one anotha’. Nikaa entered with Veirdan, and Vlynor and Matin came in close enough after that I wondered if all four of them where in cahoots. I was expecting the meeting to be prolonged throughout the day, interviewing one moronic thief at a time. This helped save some of my potion of illusion though. There would be plenty of time to test the theory that they worked together…

Then the authorities showed. Interesting, considering I know SI:7 are fools when it comes to codes and ciphers. Right then and there I knew this was going to be a fun game. I mentally reminded myself to narrow down the number of traitors until I had just one with me. Keeping the Defias guessing would then keep the authorities guessing. It was a simple concept of inadvertent control. So when I saw this lone SI:7 agent approach, I knew I couldn’t whack him, cause it wasn’t coincidence. Even though this Micael chump was “outnumbered” I couldn’t rely on the others to have my back. That would be foolish, especially when the agent called out to one of my potential members… Nikaa. Curious. So instead I decided to make a run for it and watch who did what and how it played out. Matin shot first… and I knew the wolfman would be a decent addition. He would be lovely distraction for the Alliance authorities to sink their teeth into while I continued my search. I labeled him first as my knight; capable of running erratic patterns ahead of my defenses to throw off my opponent. So I lost myself in the shadows, turned and headed back.

This Nikaa was defending the agent. I grinned and mentally placed my opponant’s queen piece in my ranks. After they fled, I watched as Micael tried cornering one of the others. I couldn’t remember the name… Vlynor… Veirdan… humans all look the same. Regardless, I decided a little staging event would be appropriate. I snuck up behind Micael, Dropped a smoke bomb and told the thug to get out. It was a longshot, but some chivalry would likely pay back later.

Least that was the theory.

Micael and I got into it a bit. The cogsucker shot my arm and I kicked him in the head. Some chumps from the Seventy Third arrived, but I managed to get away.

All in all, I already had a pretty good idea about the layout of the board. Now to bandage this wound.

Fortunately, I knew from Creedy’s interrogations of a medic that had the hots for him, and mended his wounds. I went to her, using the opportunity to see if he had sent the schematics to her while she healed my wound. No luck. Ah well… I got a pocket healer out of the deal…

See? Gram-gram’s advice is solid!

Day 9

SO I send out a message for my Defias to meet at Raven Hill Cemetery… and you’ll never guess what happened.

That’s right… the authorities showed up too. Once again, it was someone that seemed to know Nikaa. So I played it cool; I needed this broad to keep the charade up, but what kind of leader would I be if I didn’t test her loyalty in front of the others? So I sent her off to “deal” with the issue. How smart am I?!? I had no doubts that after that I would have no more trouble with the authorities sneaking around so long as Nikaa was by my side…. She wouldn’t want to risk being made to what would seem like a second time in her eyes. Trouble is, that was the second time.

I moved the enemy’s Queen right next to me… the King of course!

I reconvene the meeting near Karazhan, and these other lookie loos show up. It seems now that privacy is NEVER going to be something I can get in this game… but lady luck blew on my tax return… because after that, I asked Nikaa to watch them and report back on me.

Recent Addition: I never knew it would eventually link me to this Trigin Steelblade bloke.

Day 10

Trying to keep these rogues together is like trying to pay with two different currencies. They half finished the task with mailing some powder that I said was a delirium poison to some nobles, but they were looking for more work, and I needed to stall them. The more time I spend in the Alliance, the more I realize that I’m actually rootin’ for the Grim. Sometimes these goons are half wits, but this Nikaa broad, she is smart. I can see her thinkin’. The others I’m not too terribly worried about. When they have a thought, it exits their mouths. This Nikaa has a filter. The more I’m with her, the more I grudgingly respect this chick. Could she be the business partner I’m lookin’ for?

I hold a meeting at some cave above Ironforge. Place is as cold as an auditor, but I’m hopin’ that some bonding time might bring these fools together.

Bad idea. I realized then and there that the Defias should never meet and just “hang out”. It leads to brawls, and verbal accusations. It just gets nasty. I gotta separate these kids like I do investors. It’s just bad business.

Some hunter named Arc showed up at a meeting. I let him remain, because the point of this thing was to try to get people involved. He showed; yay for him. I don’t count on him returning. He didn’t talk to me, nor I him.

Day 11

A quick meeting with Matinmor would refuel the wolf’s rage. I had helped the cultists with some lame siege that the Alliance laid against their stronghold. I noticed Matin on the other side… fighting FOR the Alliance? Please… that was an easy excuse to skin the mutt alive. (Note: He doesn’t like the term “mutt”. Use it often). I chided and goaded him using my best Gob lip service, and after I was done I knew he was pissed off worse than a lawyer workin’ for Gallywix. Put a knife to ANY rogue’s throat and nothing puts the berserker blinds up more. That would buy me a few more days as I released a loose cannon out for the Alliance to run about chasing after.

Day 12

Finally, a job! This… Kesten character, which I was pretty sure was a false I.D., gave me the excuse I needed. Find this Hitomi chick and interrogate her. I took the job hurriedly… I didn’t want the Defias thing to sit on the back burners and simmer like a stale investment. My suspicion grew as I realized this guy wasn’t willing to meet in person… where my superior spymaster techniques of reading people could sort out where he fit in my little game of chess. The board seemed rigged against me, and I knew this job was playing into a trap… but it also bought me some time to maneuver my other pieces, so that was fine by me. The other nice thing was that I was tired of meeting the Defias in caves and cemeteries; I needed property! This job’s payout would promise that.

Now to track this broad down.

Day 14

Tracking this toots leads me to my rook; A Gnome assassin named Pepperiny. It all played out in Dalaran, which also actually caught my eye to some other peeps. A seedy bunch of people began meetin’ in the tavern, so I kept my cool and took notes. My future business venture would need a lot of unscrupulous half wits. When I saw how ruthless this midget gal was, I realized it would help solve another problem I had if I brought her along for the ride. I could tell that despite Nikaa’s tip lipped attititude, she was really standoff-ish to me. I assumed that it was pretty much ‘cause she was fillin’ the enemy’s coffers with intel and she couldn’t dedicate the emotional attachment to my Gnomish figure, haha!

Regardless, I needed the dame to warm up to me; to trust me. What better then to show her what an upstandin’ crook I could be? Instead of provin’ it to her (which NEVER works fellas), I decided to bring a Gnome around that was more off their rocker than I was! Introducing…. Pepperiny. This chick is crazy. She works for Ravenholdt, which’ll queue anyone that she is crazy; that organization lost touch with the world a LONG time ago. She’s way to into her work, and she’s obsessed with booby traps.

She also had tried to kill Micael in the middle of Dalaran. The dame’s got guts.

I found Hitomi talkin’ to some Elf named Senorica (An elf I’ve seen in a scuffle. This chick was smart… and she gave me the chills. A rogue of her caliber would do well in what I had planned…) and I realized that the interrogation was going to happen soon.

I jumped Vlynor for some minor interaction the egotiscal kid had with the frat guy, Micael. I also blabbed out loud about the plans I had for Hitomi. I hope she heard them. I needed this capture to take a while.

Day 15

Saw Micael in Ironforge. A little out of his jurisdiction, I decided to see if the nerd could be bought. I offered him a chance to join us (strictly on the basis of bein’ an informant), but he turned me down of course. Ah well.

Recruited Pepperiny…and um, yea. This chick is eight tabs shy of a guild bank. She’ll play her role perfectly. Now for Hitomi….

Day 16

Finally found this Hitomi, and had Pepperiny intercept her. Pity it didn’t take longer, I could have used a few more days. Ah well. Pepper made up some con about being hurt, and Hitomi fell for it, bringing her right into our ambush. Shows you how smart this gal is; I blab that we’re gonna capture and torture her, then she falls for the wounded Gnome con? Get real. This was too easy. Nikaa and I were waitin’ in the rafters. We came hard and fast, but we couldn’t interrogate her there. Nikaa scouted ahead and found a niiiice cave where her screams would echo out onto open ocean waters. I was readying my torturing poker and other nefarious devices along with Pepperiny, who seemed all too eager to have a crack at breaking this chick.

Out objective was straight forward; get this chick to spill about her employers, and who her contacts were. Straight forward yes, but I am a Gob on a job… I gotta be thinkin’ about the other angles.

Which of course I was!

Nikaa was clearly havin’ a hard time seein’ all the nasty tools. I could tell this wasn’t gonna score me points. So I thought… what would a Gnome do? That’s when I got it. Jeeves brought me my Vile Fumigator’s mask, and I remembered all them pointless critters that Creedy kept. I had him procure one for me.

That’s right… the most effective form of torture on this planet to ANYONE with a sensitive nose is…

Nausea by Skunking! HAHA!

No harm done to the broad, and Pepper was left with the physical torturing. No doubt that scored me some much needed points with Ms. Davies. Once she saw how ruthless oen Gnome could be, she’d look at me like a friggin’ saint. At least that was how I hoped the plan would play out.

It better have. I would have killed that chick otherwise.

What we found out though… was what was so suspicious. Hitomi was workin’ for Vlynor… or Veirdan. She couldn’t remember, which told me three things.

1) This chick was paid to say such things, and the intense smell of the skunk made her forget her lines. She had to frame one person in my group, but she wasn’t able to keep her story straight.

2) The guy who hired us, this… Kesten chump, WANTED us to find her and uncover who she was workin’ for. That means this Kesten guy wanted us to chase our tails.

3) Kesten then was an opponent… and not a future investor.

Pity. This guy gave me my first taste of actual work. Like I said, I knew it was a trap, but I had to play along. I knew Vlynor and Veirdan wouldn’t be dumb enough to spy on me… they could do that themselves!

This also meant that after I took this Kesten guy’s mula, I’d avoid him. How, you say would I do that? Easy. I knew the player was skittish about meetin’ in person. I expose that, and he’d go underground. Bye bye problem!

I brought a potential employee from the Horde to observe the proceedings. It also allowed me a chance to gauge Nikaa’s reaction on the Horde.

Wasn’t too pleasant. I could tell she was uneasy. Note to self: Expose Nikaa to numerous occasions that would test her resolve and dedication. Givin’ her small portions would make it more digestible, and the more she relented, the more she would come to feel a part of this little…. scheme.

Brilliant right?

Day 17

I had to pretend to set up a trap for Vlynor… you know, let my pawn step into the trap. My heart wasn’t that into it. I paid some Blood Elf havin’ fel withdrawals to play the role as executioner. I would have been sorely disappointed in the man had he shown. Fortunately for both of us, the attempt alone saved him and I face. Maybe that head of his actually held some semblance of foresight after all and was good for more than just self serving lip service.

Nikaa kept a tight lip the entire time. I wanted to see what she thought of Vlynor’s supposed betrayal and if she would go along. I don’t think I was the only one breathin’ a sigh of relief when he never showed his mug.

Not that I cared about his fate… I just hate seeing potential future employees wasted. Turnover is the first sign of a bad business.

Day 19

Evicted some family from their home and bought their deed for the measly coin Kesten paid us with. I assembled the team, and seeing as the note in Day 15 told me to expose Nikaa, I figured I would bring in Sensorica… that Night Elf. She was in the Praetorian Guard, and she was always off… Her gears weren’t quite right or somethin’… and if it gave me the creeps, I can only imagine what it would do to Nikaa.

Sure enough, the meeting was hilarious.

Some punk named “Clockwise” sent me an encrypted letter with some gears. It stank of Gnome, but that could be directed at me… I didn’t know. What I did know was that this was going to happen eventually. It happens in every cliché plot; you get one person trying to pretend to be more evil than you are and hints at a couple of things you’re doin’ and thinks that the façade of mystery and anonymity makes them untouchable… and their right. The only thing to do is offer the figure a chance to meet, or get lost. I played along with their game for the fist letter.

Day 20

I had a breakthrough! Creedy relented and FINALLY spilled a portion of my problem! His secret is locked away in his robot, and his robot was supposed to give the information to…

…someone. Great. That narrowed the search down. Now to start interacting with his associates. I had to play it safe here. Nikaa approached me with some news… I guess Micael (the SI:7 frat boy that doesn’t know when to quit) has some information on the Defias and… me. Well not me, Creedy.

I had to pretend to care. At least I could search his place. Creedy never mentioned knowing Micael, but ya never know. Maybe he sent the schematic. Nikaa knew where the chump lived. The dolt probably kept a safe, and if he had the schematic… it would be in there. It was a long shot, but I was open to the opportunity.

Day 21

Micael’s place is a bust. I left Micael the piece that represented him in his safe. I don’t think he realizes that means he’s out of the game. I have a feeling the fact that SI:7 has been unable to catch my cronies means the case is going to be taken by some other organization. They did that to the militia tasked with finding the Butcher…

…and I’m still here aren’t I?

I’m hoping the case get’s taken by the Praetorian Guard. Then I wouldn’t have to rely on misinforming them through an intermediarely like Nikaa.

Course, that would expose me more. Nah… it’s safer like this.

No I am not getting soft.

Clockwise sent a second letter. This fool was starting to bug me. I called him out, and sent an ecryption back. If he was serious, he’d come to Old Dalaran; ya know... that crater?

They never showed. Figures. Time to put a change of address and end THAT little game.

Day 23

I’ve talked to Cavnaugh, Niktika, and everyone else this cogsuckin’ Creedy Gnome knows (least that I know of). That didn’t turn up squat. I am running out of options. Could he have given it to the king of Stormwind? What would he do with it?

Likely shove it in an unregistered safety deposit box.

Hold that thought.

Ok, same day, several hours later. I got a scheme that tops my work as a “barber” in Stormwind. I’m getting rather desperate for these schematics… the potion of illusion I have been drinkin’ for almost a month straight now is causin’ severe rashes and is makin’ me hallucinate. That and the Defias are likely getting’ itchy for another “master plan”. So with those two motivators, I gathered the “Defias” crew: Veirdan, Sensorica, Nikaa of course, and Pepperiny. Matinmor seemed AWOL again, and I found myself needin’ that fuzzy guy. I’d track him down and let him in on it later. I lay it out for them. Veirdan never seems to talk now. The rest followed suit, asking some questions but accepting the fact that we were going to steal from the King of Stormwind. That was encouraging. If there was any deterrent to crime, it was his ugly mug. I mean he was decent in the arena pits (yea I bet against him a couple of times… damn waste of gold), but now that he was king, his temper and face had an iron fist of the Alliance military to back him.

Not someone I’d want to piss off arbitrarily… but it’s just good business.

The Heist

So here is the plan: I got Creedy’s lover girl Lilia to post gnomish patriotic fliers stating she’s gonna stage a peaceful protest at the steps of the Stormwind Keep. Yet this chick has the speakin’ bravado of an auctioneer with laryngitis. So, I had Pepperiny assume the role as protest leader. I could tell she was insulted.

I didn’t care. She was a Gnome and she fit the bill. Plus she’s crazy remember? I didn’t want a crazy gnome shootin’ the place up before I had them remove the goods for me.

Meanwhile, some dead chick named Evillin or whatever is stagin’ some jousting tournament. Um… the Lich King called… he wants his Argent Tournament back, ya morons. That was so old news, but it actually worked out. Some of the guards were going to attend, which was perfect for us. With a riled up crowd of pissed off Gnomes and some of the strength of Stormwind out of town, it was the opportunity of the week. I called in a few favors, got the schematics of the bank with a list of the bankers, so I could began my surveillance.

For the actual heist, we rush in; Matinmor would serve as exit point while me, Nikaa, Sensorica, and Veirdan held the bank up. We knock out the two posted guards (which are chump change), hold the bank up, and bounce. If they trip the silent alarm, which I assume they will, we got about three to four minutes before serious trouble shows up.

I figure they’ll be on our tails as we make a run for it; there was NO way we’d get out of Stormwind in time. The gryphon guards would shoot us down in no time flat, so we would have to make it out on foot.

This is where those annoying Gnomes come in. With this potion of illusion, my human compadres drink those right up and turn into Gnomes. They blend with the crowd, and poof!

Perfect bank heist.

Sensorica was charged with getting the potions, I had to track down Matinmor AND watch the bankers. I also had one FINAL place to check with regarding Creedy’s schematic.

I wasn’t too pleased with where this place was going to take me.

Day 24

Without my mask, I stroll up to SI:7 headquarters. I had to get a feel for the crew there; I had to see it in their eyes when I lay the news down that Creedy is lookin’ for his schematic. I had to know if the King’s hypothetical safety deposit box was the target. I stroll up, and who greets me? Who else; frat boy Micael. This thorn was gettin’ bigger and bigger, and it was beginning to annoy me. I kept my cool though, and strolled up usin’ my best gnomish act and asked for the schematics “I” sent to him. He played dumb, but after pressing, I realized that Stormwind Intelligence actually had the schematics! He never admitted it of course, but when I made the assumption they had it, his wording shifted which insinuated that if he knew I knew, then he had the plans. Confusing enough? It’s all standard Spymaster anti interrogation fundamentals. I’ll write a book about that later, but it’s not gonna be cheap.

Back on track.

Micael wouldn’t give the schematics to me of course, which I knew would happen. The new news caused me to make a slight adjustment to my plans then; an adjustment I didn’t really have to tell the Defias about. We were going to steal from SI:7, not the King. By then it would be too late I thanked the goof and took off.

That night, I began my watch on the bankers. These guys were creepy too. It was like two families worked together; the Cresters and the Wainwrights. I mean, what kind of person would want to work with family? I have almost forty siblings that are still alive and I can’t stand them! I only trailed the chumps from the Royal Bank of Stormwind; I knew the King (and SI:7) would never trust their loot to a bank so far removed from their headquarters, and that place is really exposed to foreign attempts. Hell, I had heard the Raven Cross used to raid that bank in the trade district on a weekly basis. Nah, that bank was for commoners. The good stuff was placed in the care of the Royal Bank of Stormwind. The private stuff was probably stored there.

It was an educated guess.

Day 25

Lots of stuff happened. First off, I think I pissed this Clockwise person out, and they posted a banner over the clock tower of Stormwind, sayin’ that I am leadin’ the Horde to attack. Maybe this person was someone I knew. Was it Leyujin callin’ me out or puttin’ the pressure on me? Could it be an old acquaintance? I couldn’t focus too much on it and see how it played out. When you don’t recognize a tactic in the game, it’s best to let it play out. Most of the time it’s a desperate move without thought.

I hope the gambit of indifference pays off. I can’t afford it not to.

Nikaa continually surprises me with her ingenuity. I found out that she had almost been captured by this new branch of authority called the SSIU. She said she had mislead them, but I didn’t really care at this point; I could almost smell the ink and parchment from that schematic. If it was an invention for a coffee brewer, I was going to be pissed. This had better be for somethin’ good. The reason why this dame is got what it takes is because she can keep stuff to herself. Her little meet up told me a lot about the new opponent. I couldn’t discount Micael though, that crumb may be stale, but he seems to be in the game still, even though I took him out. She filled me in on details about things I didn’t know about. I finally got this chick to trust me. I didn’t know if it was the promise to teach her engineering secrets, or me helping her with her free running across the Dwarven District, or if I was just rubbin’ of on her, but I could tell we had a mutual respect for each other. I could say I didn’t care, and I don’t, but I know now that Nikaa is the partner I want for the business venture I want to start, and I admit that I might burn this investment opportunity when she finds out who I really am.

I know she dislikes Gobs. Go figure.

Oh yea, I changed the radios. That was overdue. This SSIU could have tampered with Nikaa’s.

This potion of illusion is causing the days to get muddled. I remember meeting with the crew to finalize the details, but I can’t remember when that was. Matinmor was there. The mutt kept turning me into a friggin’ fluffy bunny. I could have KILLED him. So instead we had a little scuffle. I think I burned that bridge, but whatever; the bridge was more like a frayed rope swing, it was gonna give out anyways. I find out the Worgen hates me callin’ him “mutt”. Since when did wolfmen become sissies? I don’t need a pansy in my crew, so whatever. I doubt I’ll see him again.

Day 26?

I don’t remember what day it is anymore, or in what order this happened. I’ve been meeting Nikaa alone recently; it seems the rest of the Defias are getting cold feet. Note to self: Bring them in for one last meeting… or did I do that already?

Remember those two people that flew in like lookie-loos in Deadwind pass? I guess I told Nikaa to watch them. Looking back up at my notes, it appears I did (added the note). She took her job seriously, because it seems that they are involved in some lover’s quarrel with a rogue named Trigin Steelblade. The same Trigin that used to work for SI:7 and was hunted by them. I knew he wasn’t no chump. This human had some skill… and I had to meet him. Based on the fact that Nikaa didn’t receive Sensorica too well, and with Matinmor’s disappearance from him crying back to his bitch of a mother (WHAT? Isn't that the proper term for a dog dame?), I needed a door watchmen. It was last minute, but I decided right then and there I was gonna try to employ Trigin to fill the slot.

That night I finally made my move on Curtis Crester. The man liked to drink, so it wasn’t hard ta pay off the fat Dwarven barmaid to drug the chump with somethin’ that’d keep him awake, but would severely loosen his tongue. Found out that SI:7 AND the king both have secret unregistered security deposit boxes. It requires a banker and a manager’s key to open and retrieve the box.

I ran out of illusion potion, and so I had to make a hasty exit.

Day 28?

Had one last meeting, and it was brief. I assembled Sensorica, Veirdan, and Nikaa to help me find Trigin and make the proper introductions into the Defias, blah, blah, blah. I dunno if the crew noticed it or not, but I mention the name of the Defias less and less. I’m trying to wean these rogues off the name, and accept that they are simply workin’ for me.

So far it seems to work out fairly good. I know Sensorica couldn’t care less about the name, so long as the lesbo gets paid. Oh yea, I guess she hit on Nikaa; kissed her even? That was hilarious. When did that happen?

God I gotta stop drinkin’ this stuff. It’s causin’ mental illusions.

Anyways, we meet Trigin. Seems like a loyal rogue (like they exist haha!), but we’ll see. I invite him for a little… meeting. I could tell that Nikaa was uncomfortable, which means I’m doin’ my job.

Day 30

We bring Trigin to the Defias clubhouse as it were. These chumps didn’t know, but I already had a buyer on the place; I had to start selling the assets I acquired as Creedy, because after this weekend, I wasn’t gonna need ‘em. They already paid for the investments I made into this damn contract.

I fill Trigin in, and he’s onboard. He gives me some photos as a means of showin’ his loyalty. I really didn’t care at this point. After the weekend, those schematics were mine and this Defias scheme would be over.

I noticed Nikaa didn’t trust Trigin. She never trusts anyone, it s a wonder how I got her to trust me.

Must be my charm.

The Day of the Heist

What a day. I spent all day preppin’ for this schindig, and everything went to hell. First off, Sensorica disappeared, and Trigin got the wrong time. We had to three man the damn Heist! Luckily I brought a giant gun. The protesting gnome crowd was sparse at best with humans joining in. What the hell were humans doin’ supporting the midgets?

It didn’t matter. I called Leyujin. I think the troll had been ready to write me off. I told him to get ready. Improvising a heist is always a bad idea. I knew things were going to go south.

We make the heist with little event. Sure enough, the schematics were inside. Sweat lord on earth, a month of searching and drinking this nasty potion to look like a midget gnome was soon going to be OVER! I must have run out of that bank like a giddy school girl. I almost didn’t see some tree huggin’ druid bird swoop in to pick me up! Fortunately, Nikaa had come back and kept the beast at bay. All that groomin’ paid off at that moment. I lost my gun, and so I was fairly helpless.

We blended in the crowd well enough, but I couldn’t drink the potion… I was already under its affects (which was why I made a Gnome protest in the first place). Only problem with this is that I had forgotten that I was wearin’ the Defias mask! Guards stopped the protest after hearin’ the silent alarm (See? When I’m right, I’m right!), and they attempted to arrest me. I had to get the exfiltration point at Wellerton Stead. It was in the city, but far enough removed. I had to risk a flight. I smoke bombed the guards and bailed, with Nikaa, Pepper, and Veirdan right behind me. That gave me enough time to hop on my rocket and take off. Sure as sales tax, the gryphon riders shot my ride out of the sky, but I had made it close enough to the pumpkin farm.

The SSIU showed up, and I had to stall for a few minutes, so I decided it was best to come clean. I spilled the beans on the whole thing! Yup, I wanted the Alliance to know who it had been. I even let the potion fade, and allowed them to see me as the hot Gob that I am! I almost (ALMOST) felt bad about trickin’ Nikaa, but the dame had been tryin’ to trick me too… so I figure we’re square.

Despite how smoothly the whole thing went, one of the SSIU actually shot me in the stomach… the wench. I am going to make SURE she’ll pay for that. The cool thing was, that even after I revealed myself, Pepper and Nikaa fought for me. If I cared, I would have cried.

But I don’t, so I didn’t. Ok, maybe I was so happy that the job was over, and the plans I put forth were mostly perfectly executed, that a single tear formed in my eye.

It never fell though.

When my watch chimed, the grim flew in, doin’ what they do best; killin’ things and reekin’ havoc. They picked me off, and now I’m sitting comfy on a fat sack of gold and a personal medic tendin’ to my wounds.

Still… if I want to pursue the business venture, I’m gonn have to meet Nikaa. If she doesn’t take me up on the offer, she’s gonna try to kill me. If she doesn’t take me up on the offer… I wonder if that Trigin guy would…

Enough thinkin’… I’ve been doin’ that for a month. Time to sell my journal as a best seller and make MORE money!

I told you Gram-gram was a genius.