Lerian

What is Your Favorite Film?/What Film do You Despise the Most?

In my opinion, one of the greatest films I have seen and will ever see is V for Vendetta. There are many reasons for this: some of them are immensely impersonal, some the exact opposite. But I will not go into that at this time.

Favorite Superhero Movie: Watchmen. Yes, they left some good scenes out but it was amazing regardless.

Favorite Action/Comedy Movie: Hot Fuzz.

Favorite Vampire Themed Film: Blade. Well, tbh, the entire Blade series.

Favorite Animated Movie: Nightmare before Christmas

Favorite "Controversial" Film: A Clockwork Orange

Least favorite film: Deadgirl. I got nearly ten minutes in and was so disgusted by it I couldn't keep watching. I've never had a reaction to a movie or anything like I did to that. It was as if I inherently felt it was a crime against nature. I may be overreacting, but I am merely explaining how I felt when watching it to further give information on WHY exactly it is my least favorite film.

NOTE: I will add more to the list as I think of the movies.

Hmm I'll take a crack at this:

Favorite 3D: Avatar, simply beautiful.

Favorite Recent Film: Super 8, I haven't seen acting that awesome since forever. Honestly nearly brought tears to my eyes it was so beautifully executed.

Favorite Animated: Shrek, funny shit but all the sequels were bad.

Favorite all time: Oh lord, I'm thinking LOTR trilogy combined. I just love these movies so much I can't describe it.

Favorite War movie: Saving Private Ryan, Tom Hanks = Best actor ever. That and an amazing supporting cast plus fairly realistic and in-depth battle scenes make this a 5 star.

Favorite Superhero movie: Dark Knight for the win. Amazing acting, awesome soundtrack, only thing that bugged me is that Maggie Gylenhall is frikin fugly compared to the women he could've had.

Favorite action/badassery movie: 300, I mean Spartans are just beastly. This is one of Gerard Butler's few good movies. He promptly shit all over his career after this with a series of bad movies.

Best historical: Braveheart, I don't really like Mel Gibson but this was awesome.

THANK YOU RAYNELL! For realizing Transformers 2 was an utter piece of shit. No one else seems to think that. But, worst movie of all time... ERAGON! I can't describe how frikin awful that piece of garbage was.

But both are still better than Crash, the movie about thrill seekers who have car crashes to fulfull their sexual fantasies. Absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen ever in the history of ever.

I was coming to this thread solely to post about how awful that Crash movie was, and you done did it for me.

Yeah, one of a VERY small number of films that I just stopped watching after a while due to being awful.

My favorite(s)? Tank Girl, 5th Element, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Aliens, closely followed by Alien. That's what I can name off the top of my head.

There's at least three different movies with the title Crash. I think the sexed up one has the guy from Secretary.

Favorite recently watched: Chaos Theory! My hatred for Ryan Reynolds has turned into pure love.

Wait...
Obviously different movies.

That one sucked too. It had absolutely no point. But it didn't suck as hard as the one I mentioned, with James Spader in it.

That one sucked too. It had absolutely no point. But it didn't suck as hard as the one I mentioned, with James Spader in it.

It's a movie about prejudice and racial stereotypes. It's the most obvious theme in the history of film. 'No point' my ass.

Hm this is a hard one,

Spirited Away for my animated

Hellboy is in my top for comic/super hero

House of 1000 Corpses is horror

Shawn of the Dead for my giggles

Repo! Genetic Opera for my Music fix

Harry Potter goes under book movies

Predator for SciFi (This includes AvP and Predators)

MPatHG

LOTRs

Tank Girl is action

Worst movies. . .Twilight. . . screw those and the books!

I'm just waiting for a WoW movie. I'm sure they will get there.

Traditional animation: Rikki Tikki Tavi

Modern animation: Finding Nemo

Sci-fi: Gattaca

Fantasy: LotR trilogy

Horror: The Wolf Man (original)

historical-ish fiction: Dangerous Liasons

comic crossover: tossup between Sin City and Tank Girl

Musical: Fiddler on the Roof

Drama: Shawshank Redemption

War: Platoon

Clasic: Casablanca

Comedy: Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Anime: Ghost in the Shell

Super Hero: Unbreakable

Traditional animation: Early studio Ghibli films that counts right? Hand drawn stuff, if not She-Ra. .. cuse..

Modern animation: if by not cgi-sih Batman: Mask of the Phantasm if meaning cgi ish hands down Kunf-fu Panda

Sci-fi: Firefly

Fantasy: Ink its urban fantasy

Horror: Dawn of the Dead

historical-ish fiction: Red Beard Akira Kurosawa

comic crossover: I don't have one atm although the Wounder Woman one with Nathan Fillion was kinda cool..

Musical: no.. just no .. wait Labyrinth ?

Drama: Om Shanti Om I don't think it counts as a musical

War: Star Wars!

Classic: Metropolis

Comedy: Zombie land

Anime: Ergo Proxxy

Super Hero: Super

Worst movies. . .Twilight. . . screw those and the books!

I one hundred percent agree, sparkling Vampires are an abomination on the world.

I forgot to list my hated movie.

Lord of the Rings, only whenever I entertain out of my entire movie collections thats the only thing people want to see EVER. I'm burned out on it.

I want to be in a movie-orgy-sandwich with Villy, Vaal, and Agnarr. And Malmal too, but that's just because it's her. <3 That being said-

Favorite movie is The Fountain. If you don't like non-traditional stories and non-linear editing just stop right there and go watch some DisneyTwilight (just saw it-that was 'glittering'? I thought it was 'crack in lens' o_O ).Very affecting love story on three levels, in three eras, with three stories that may or may not all exist. (Director Darren Arronofsky said that it's pretty much what you want to be true is, what is fiction is fiction.) The acting is amazing. The intertwining story format is amazing. Editing, visuals, everything. Because at it's heart it's about life, love, and death. It has the most fantastic ending I've ever seen-it still makes me cry (and I don't cry at movies.) Oh, and long-time Arronofsky collaborator Clint Mansell's score (including another appearance by the Kronos Quartet) encompasses it all-even listening to the piece for the finale (10 minutes) can make me break down. I will more than likely love anything Arronofsky does forever now because of this movie, it's that damned good. Also, Hugh Jackman is an amazing actor. 4srs.

Christopher Nolan (Inception, Batman movies, Memento, The Prestige) (Aside-I squeed mightily when I found out his favorite directors are Ridley Scott and Stanley Kubrick, also two of my absolute favorites.) Terry Gilliam (Baron Munchausen, Brazil, 12 Monkeys [brad Pitt also can act!], and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas-it wins just based on the fact that Hunter S Thompson approved of Johnny Depp so mightily that they became very close friends and Depp got to spend a lot of time hanging out with the man drinking martinis and hanging out with hot chicks while firing weapons. I know that's not in the movie per se, but I love that such a connection was made between the subject and the film-it's usually the complete opposite). James Cameron (but not really Avatar-shame too, he spent so much time on it and developing new and important film technology just for it. :( ). DAVID LYNCH (Blue Velvet, Lost Highway [pretty sure Gorvena was just baiting me there... >_> ], Twin Peaks-exposure to him during your formative years does interesting things; also, you name Angry Cats that regardless of sex...) and...

...Kevin Smith. Because you need some dick and fart jokes to offset all that intensity.

Kind of on the list are Danny Boyle (28 Days Later, Sunshine, and 127 Hours kinda don't offset the bizarro crap with the kids they got for Slumdog Millionaire...) Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy movies are amazing, but his fixation on twisted children's 'fairy tales' [literally in Pan's Labrinyth] make me go hmm...), Peter Jackson (his work before LOTR is so widely varied, he's both amazing and bloody crazy), and David Fincher....WAT?? Yes-between The Social Network (which I both love and hate) and the upcoming adaptation of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (they 'made the ending better'? WTF?)...well, I am disappoint. I think he has Trent Reznor doing his soundtracks now to sucker me into seeing more of his films...

Star Trek II (AFTER THAT THERE ARE NO MORE ST MOVIES...except the new one...). LOTR (Ada's made me watch it so much that I got through 'hate' and came out with a much better appreciation for all of them). Matrix trilogy (yes, all three). Donnie Darko. The King's Speech (I really wanted to hate this because it took so many oscars from Black Swan, but HOLY CRAP did it deserve them). Umm, Toss up between Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (sad to say but visually it blows the first one away) and the new Evangelion movies. I think I know where they're going, but am chewing my hand off to not look...Also, it goes without saying that Miyazaki is my eternal love (fave will always be Totoro tho. Hands down.)

Sorry that was probably disjointed and didnt exactly address specific movies. I'm a film studies major-it's never a simple question. ; b

Gray-Rocky isnt a movie to be 'watched' so much as 'experienced.' In theater with a cast and people that know the callbacks. No, it's a terrible movie to sit down and watch, you're not crazy. ; 3

Oh, and I think pretty much all movies named Crash are auto-doomed. SO DONT DO THAT. Also, I want to destroy the packaging for the DVD Let Me In because it has a quote from some moron reviewer who says 'most original American horror movie made in years.' It was a remake of a Swedish movie (Let The Right One In, in turn based on a book). There are large chunks of Hollywood I wish I could destroy with my mind...

I'll just leave these bits right here...

Learn why the Star Wars prequels were actually atrocities inflicted on the western world. I forgave myself for being completely unable to like them after watching these.

How could Totoro be insanely creepy without involving slash fic?...yeah. Wow. Still love it tho. *cough* If that wasnt enough for you, Miyazaki apparently really did confirm in interviews that Spirited Away's underlying themes and message weren't as pure as you thought. At least the Totoro one is only a (very complex) rumor.

I'll just say it:

Favorite Film: Inception

Guilty Pleasures: All Johnny Depp movies. I respect his acting style, eff off. :P

Worst Film: ... Sex in the City movies.

... for my lucid answer, I'll come back to this thread later. :P

I'll just say it:

Favorite Film: Inception

Guilty Pleasures: All Johnny Depp movies. I respect his acting style, eff off. :P

Worst Film: ... Sex in the City movies.

... for my lucid answer, I'll come back to this thread later. :P

i agree with you on both Johnny Depp being awesome and the Sex in The city Moives sucking. Haven't yet watched Inception, looks awesome though.

It's a movie about prejudice and racial stereotypes. It's the most obvious theme in the history of film. 'No point' my ass.

A "theme" /= a point. Yeah, everyone everywhere is a racist period. So what? No conclusions were reached. Unless you count Ludacris stealing a van full of illegal Asian immigrants and then dumping them in Chinatown some twisted sort of redemption. And even then he closed the scene saying, "Crazy Chinamen." Yeah, some really deep and thoughtful insight there.

Tough to pick a favorite, but The Fountain is great.

My guilty pleasure is Nicholas Cage movies. Some of his movies are fantastic and awesome (Con Air, Sorcerer's Apprentice), and some of his movies are Ghost Rider.

I'm with Gorvena, Crash sucked ass. Everyone in my dorm thought it was great when it came out, predicated on the fact that it had "a message."