Vaaldis

Vaaldis ~ I WIP my canvas back & forth

This is my new thread, & I'm stickin' with it!

Didn't draw for a few months, but a break like that can be good sometimes.

Been revisiting a lot of my old sketches, especially ones of Vaaldis (uh-derrr) Swearing off the pen tool completely, and forcing hella details.

My most recent Vaalwork's pose is inspired by Yveline's bitchin picture here.

Other than that no reference was used except my sketchbook, so everything is probably wonky.

syti4n.jpg

The line-art has taken me around 4hrs, including millions of rough sketches. Thank god for two monitors & Netflix.

[the turd behind her is a Wretched, pesky fuckers are always running around the manor.]

Critiques are welcome as always, I mos def encourage them though I am awful at them myself.

Oh yeah, here's my devart:

Valdis-Argal

Very well done, and kudos for having the wherewithal to endure 4 hours of doing lineart. It is a pain in the ass.

And I can sympathize with going months without working on something. Inspiration is a fickle thing. X(

For an artist I have a really crappy imagination, which makes for lacking inspiration. Every now and then there's a nugget, though.

xD thanks for mentioning her face, I was most worried about it actually.

<3

Her face is my favorite part too, actually. You really get a good look into her personality. The wretched is fabulous as well, I chuckled a bit when I read your caption. xD

I love it, but I cant help mentioning that I find it really difficult to make out bits of the Wretched. Having difficulty figuring out what's going on with it's face, where its arm starts and her hair ends, ect ect. I only commented on it because you said you wanted to hear critiques, but I'm assuming that it's going to be cleaned up as you work through the lineart more ^^

The Wretched's lineart is indeed godawful xD I just get so lazy when it's not a female.

Done for the night:

2a5x20m.jpg

Finished Vaal's skin, and blocked the rest.

Stuck on the Wretched right now so he's done as far as I'm concerned (unless anyone has any ideas to make him not so... speedpaint-y. I don't want him to be too detailed to take away from V)

I'm back with resized pictures.

first off is Hamadryas,

2lu3sro.png

My best yet, if I say so myself. I've yet to master the art of textures without looking like a douche, though. Working on it.

full size.

Next is, the lovely Niktika <3

30loya9.png

Played around with my usual lineart, playing more with weights, simpler shading, & being a douche with textures.

full size.

& rofl, have some Harvest Moon fan art.

a1470w.png

My waifu, Daisy from Grand Bazaar. I decided to use her as a quick example for my full body $15 commissions. More info on that is coming soon. I'm a broke ass dick and would like to stay in game. Help a starving artist out?

I enjoy comments and critique as much as the next self centered artist. Have at it, gentleman and ladies <3

Love the Hamadryas picture. The face is amazing, and I adore the way you colored the skin. Being a fan of Drow/Dark Elves, I can say that I don't see dark skin like that done well often at all, but you've done a great job! The shadowing and highlighting is fantastic.

I also like the HM fanart a lot. The bright colors seem to go well with her character, and I love the swirls over the elbows and knees. Nice job on the hair, too.

I love it...your style has grown even more so your finished pieces look like...uh...some kinda updated pseudo-70s cartoon style (which I can't quite put my finger on the name of >_< ) Anyway, that's supposed to be a compliment. Really. >_>

Sere is a manhoor and you should draw Opal first. Who, you know, will never outgrow the One True Trollhawk. Hey, I'd rather give you money than buy a Sparkle(?) Lion!

Bitches, get out your wallets.

255nls4.png

almost full size this bitch! (I accidentally saved the wrong size :( so tiny.)

I drew my Paladin Raphael as an example of the $15 bust commissions I'm offering. Still working out the details of pricing, and all that, so bare with me :)

32zi440.jpg

lolololol I made Vaaldis into a pony. FiM FEVER! I forgot the link to the generator, sorry guys :(

I drew my Paladin Raphael as an example of the $15 bust commissions I'm offering. Still working out the details of pricing, and all that, so bare with me :)

I was going to correct you, but then I saw the MLP and decided you probably meant it that way.