Sign in to follow this  
Ranavos

Ranavos Abner

Taram paused looking at the gnome and leaning down on his haunches to adress him properly. Her Expression seemed annoyed but then a name was mentioned and she smiled a touch. " I think searching him out was the best and worst thing to happen to me... still he's a good person, too easily manipulated. He doesn't assert himself much, you think after hundreds of years of life you'd grow a backbone." She seems pensive for a second smiling and shrugging. " Though... he's sweet in his own way." The warlocks expression changed in a flash and red eyes glared at the gnome. " If I catch him around.... I'll kill him..."

----

The sheepish mage looked up from her book mumbling to herself and edging away from the recording decive being pushed into her face. " S-s-sir Dryandson... He was my m-master for a while." Vidyeh cowered remembering a run in with a frightening gnome a few nights hense. " I feel so cad for retiring from his service... b-but I wasn't learning anything from him, he tends to ramble- Not that it's a bad thing! oh....does that make me a bad person?!"

----

" Ranavos Dryandson..." The human girl sighed placing a tankard on the surface of the bar and watching the far way. " Man 'as anger issue if ye ask me..."After taking a sip she looked down at the gnome evenly. " Voices in 'is 'ead ye know? Ah feel bad fer'm'n all but... Aegis baby sit's'm, or useta anyway... tried'ta kill me acause'a some voices over somethi'n er other, I ain't mad.... just worried fer the man is'all." With that Tehtha Roughmane set her empty mug on the counter along with a few gold pieces and left.

----

" DON'T GET ME STARTED!" A white haired elf stomped her foot and crossed her arms, seemingly sulking. " He's stupid, and he kills things for NO reason, not to mention he's a li- wait....am I allowed to say that? I don't remember, but almost everyone knows I guess... Oh! Right Ranavos! Whenever he's out of line I'll shoot a healing spell at him and he flails like a fish out of water... it's kinda funny actually... anyway... He's okay when he's behaving, if anyone tries to mess with him I'd help... as long as he is behaving, if he's not then I'd just heal him. " The elf woman nodded and beamed brightly before another patron of the bar walked in and she ran off gleefully. " Ama!!"

Vlynor appeared from the shadows and looked at the reporter. "Ranavos, ay'? The one who won't take my offer o' protection? One day he's gon' need it! He'll regret not taking me' offer then!" He smirked beneath his mask before disappearing again.

Wrest snickered to himself as the trembling Goblin held a shaking pencil to a pad of paper, "Yes, yes, my dear comrade. Morbidly interesting undead really, and his abilities in the art are astounding when you consider how few of us practice it now." The Forsaken blinks and coughs into a fist, "Nothing when compared to me of course but still a quick learner and able to-... what's this now? You stopped writing. Oh bloody fel Ethos they -do- die without their heads!" He rubs his face as his ghoul releases the goblin's skull and shuffles back to his side with a shrug, "Apologies, I'll see your parts do not go to waste my good man."

Nika blinked. "Is that his name? The one in the rafters..?" She hesitated, before giving a quick shake of her head. "No. I, ah.. Nothing to say." She stepped around the goblin, and hurried away.

Fennore runs his his finger along his blade, deep in thought. "Ranavos is a good man. You know how he can't pronounce 'W' quite right? Yeah, I did that to him when he kept running his mouth. Now we are best buddies." The Goblin looks relieved that Fennore answered his question without tormenting him. Fennore's eyes crinkle in a warm smile as the Goblin takes a sip of it's water.

"I poisoned your water, just so you know."

Urivial blinks at the reporter.

"Who? Ranavos Dryandson? Why do you ask?"

Urivial frowns deeply as the Reporter jabbers on.

"He's a good man. A strong warrior when he can be convinced to fight, and I'm fairly certain that if he got some more confidence, he'd most likely be a brilliant strategist. If only he had more confidence..."

The goblin slid into the seat across from the death knight, grinning at her as she watched him evenly. Pulling a notepad and pen from his vest, he settled himself comfortably in the chair while the woman drank quietly from a small, metal flask.

Finally, he poised his pen just above the paper and asked, "Ranavos Dryandson. 'e comes here a lot, like you, so I know you know 'im. Whatcha think about 'im?"

Janaelle set her flask down on the table, pausing to collect her thoughts before speaking, "He was introduced to me, yes. He is good friends with another friend of mine. Maybe you should be asking him instead."

The goblin nodded absently, "Alright, but later. I've been hearing the craziest rumors about this guy. You're here, you know 'im. Spill."

"I don't think I can help you," she shrugged and looked towards the door. "He's a bit of an enigma to me. Ran is either a very good man who is easily lead astray, or a very evil one with amazing acting skills. When we interact, I treat him as though he is the former, but some of the things he does make me wonder." Janaelle turned back to the goblin, watching him write down her words. "Go ask Jensonis, he was how I met Ran in the first place."

Shaking his head, the goblin pressed for more information, "Come on, that's all boring. Tell me, is he really a lich? Does he work for the Scourge? Can he fly? I hear he can control insects! Lady, the rumors alone about this guy are a great story, but I need facts! Help me out here!"

She smirked and shook her head, saying slowly, "Go ask J."

The goblin glared at the woman, gathered his things up from teh table and headed for the door.

"Oh's, teh Richy!!" Rennesta cheerfully says when she hears the man's name.

"... Richy? His name's Ranavos, from what I've heard..." The Goblin hesitantly says, unsure why he keeps on coming back to talk to this Draenei.

"Yus! First he wus Ranny. Then he wus Lichy. Now he's Richy! Renny gives 'im tha' name!" Rennesta states stubbornly and nods.

"Okay... What else?"

Rennesta looks as though she is thinking, and then says, "He likes cornas. And he keeps on drinkin' this weird blue stuff."

"Mana potions?"

"Huhs? They dun taste gud, anyways. Renny put teh bottle in her mouth, but it dun taste gud."

"..."

"Oh! And he hugged Renny's throat with his hand!!" Rennesta then demonstrates this -Which more looks like 'choking' than 'hugging'.

"So... What you're saying is... that he tried to choke you?"

"Hugs!! Renny's gotsta hug him nows wheneva Renny sees 'im!!"

"Al...right?" The Goblin jots down a few notes.

"Ohs! Renny wonda: is Urry his masta or sumethin'? Richy's like 'Milord' ta him all teh time. Maybe his fatha? Renny used ta have a fatha..." Renny is silent for a few moments, then goes back to eating the plate full of food in front of her.

The Goblin mutters something along the lines of, "Why do I keep on talking to this crazy woman?..."

Nika frowned. "I don't know what his problem is, lately. I've done nothing to him, and he keeps trying to pick fights with me, constantly. Now he's apparently involved with Infection.. I think the city may need to be rid of him.."

"Now. . .you wish to know about who?" The small female elf peeked behind the large stack of books at the small goblin. Setting the books down on the table top she adjusted her large glasses and a hair before taking a seat. "I have spent little time away from SilverMoon. . .so I know little of the Forsaken who reside outside the walls." The young redhead kept pushing her sliding glasses up her face. "Ranavos Dryandson you say. . .he is a doctor yes? I have read quite a few things about his work. Quite silly, an undead working on those who are yet still alive." She looked to her stack of books. "I don't believe he has written about books, oh but if he does I would very much like to get one signed if I could." She waved her arm slightly, knocking over her books sending them flying to the floor with a loud clatter. Those in the room grew quiet, Alathiel's face flushed a bright pink and she quickly bent to pick up the books on the floor, gathering them in her arms before turning tail. Yelling over her shoulder a quick "So sorry!" Before blending into the crowd.

Izeal nods with a soft sigh when asked about ranavos "Oh right... the lich... he seems like an interesting fellow whom I would like to get to know... if he would just let me speak to him" he lets out another sigh "I don't intend to frighten him... am I really that scary?" Izeal shakes his head before walking away.

Nanori glances at the little goblin with a look of disdain upon her face after he mentioned the name "Ranavos Dryandson" to her. Her arms across her chest, the glare from the single vibrant green eye had the little goblin trembling in his boots.

"Thank you for giving me his last name...I will now have an easier time of finding him. No one betrays me and lives...that bastard will soon have death knocking on his door..."

Nanori turns on her boot and storms away from the goblin even as he chases after her shouting "MISS! MISS! You didn't tell me about him!"

Nanori stops dead and the little goblin nearly runs into her legs. "He betrayed me, that's all I know therefore that is all you know. Oh, and don't forget to publish the part where he will be VERY dead soon." She then continued to walk away.

Evellin raises an eyebrow at the name.

"Ah, Ranny. Not such a bad sort. Reminds me a bit of me back when I bounced from master to master..." She shakes her head slightly. "He has such potential tha' he wastes on serving under the worst of folks. Such a variety, too, but tha' jus' goes t' show that anyone- Light-lover and undead alike- are abusive and irresponsible when it comes to their loyal servants."

Folding her arms across her chest, the Death Knight lets out a 'hmph'. "Can't really be reasoned with in the matter. And ye' can't bloody know where his real loyalties lie. Still, I name him friend until he gives reason for me to call him otherwise."

"He tries to pretend to be an Ebon Blade night or something and have meetings with someone in Orimmar. I have none of it" The warlock says curtly. "Whenever I see him, He gets one chance to walk out before I let my hound on him. Its killed him at least once. Liches..."

"The Lich is a good friend and a strong Ally. However, his conflicting Alliances and hunger for power constantly lead to his undoing."

Altherion eyes the Goblin. "Also, he's got a beating heart. The sound is annoying."

"I killed him once." Vennathros mutters. "Or thought I had. I cut out his throat. But the Lord took him, for whatever purpose."

He pauses to think for a moment, and begins fingering the blade of his ethereal scythe. Noticing the goblin's wary look, he continues. "He keeps glaring at me, though. I had a chat with him about that. It seems he took my killing him personally. The Lord ordered me to do it, honestly!"

Vennathros looks indignant. "What, would he not have done the same in my shoes? Would he have denied the Lord's command with him just... Standing up there? Watching? No, I think he would have, and I fear he might have the chance. Or might have." He gestures at the metal construct standing behind him. "I heard he had one of these before he traded it in for Flesh. I like to think that this used to be his." Venn laughs, and retreats back into his silent shell.

The Goblin looked at the SI:7 operative and hesitated. Micael Goerin wasn't the same since he returned. He was a lot meaner. Grumpier. Most tacked it up to the large doses of meds and supplements he was on. But the minute the Goblin pulled out a pencil and a paper to inquire about the Lich, the man's green eyes flashed and he snatched the pencil away, snapping it between his two fingers. "Ranavos Dryandson is a Lich, a traitor. He works for Venedict. You think they look the same by coincidence? He's addicted to mana, to power, he became a Lich because he was afraid to die. The dude is going to meet one hell of an ending, via me smashing his soul and ripping him to shreds. Now please leave, before I break the pencil sized bone in your leg."

Nika sighed and shook her head at the mention of Ranavos.

"I don't really understand him. He's convinced that he's related to Venedict Abner, which just isn't true. He seems confused and kind of .. lost. I feel sympathetic towards him because I can relate to him in a lot of ways. People judge him harshly, but he's just trying to find his own place in life. He's tempermental and unpredictable, though. One day he acted friendly towards me and the very next day, attacked me unprovoked. I don't get it."

Urivial smiles slightly at the name.

"Yes, Ranavos Dryandson. Ranavos Dryandson is one of my closest friends it might surprise you to learn. He is also a man I will always be glad to have at my side. No matter the mistakes he makes, I will always believe one thing. Ranavos Dryandson has such -potential- for greatness."

Vindliah seemed to wrinkle her nose beneath her mask staring down at the Goblin with distaste, "Ranavos is a dead man in a body not meant for him. A lich. Anything brought to life as walking dead should remain dead, even him. I do not believe his claims to do good for the Alliance. "

"So why ain'tcha gone afta him?" The goblin taps her pencil on her clipboard.

"He has friends. It would be stupid to flat out kill him. One slip-up from him though..." Her voice trail off in a threatening manner as she turn and walk away.