Sign in to follow this  
Aquizit

Say it ain't so!

My personal thought has always been that your "Bulk" should directly be a result of your Strength stat. There is no way a Magi with a STR of 40 should look anything like a Warrior with a STR of 200.

You mean the way it worked in Fable? :P

~E

Correctomondo!!

I did like the way it worked in Fable, but thought it could use some tweaking. At low levels, you looked like this skinny emo freak, and at high levels, you were so ripped you couldn't move. It was only in the middle of the game that you looked decent.

You could also really mess with it. If you gave yourself full Skill with no Strength, you looked like a space alien, especially if you ate alot to make yourself fat. If you gave yourself full Strength with no Skill, you looked like some wierd steroided up Dwarf. And don't even let me bring up the Berserk spell....

But back to the topic at hand, from all the screenies posted, I'd say that the BElfs look pretty nice now. They're not skinny emo freaks, but they are still thin and lithe enough to look the part.

And honestly, Warcraft art is supposed to look that way. Humans have tiny heads compared to their muscles. Orcs have huge arms compared to their bodies. That's part of fantasy art, making the fantastic seem real. So if they buffed up the BElfs, so what? They're still skinnier than humans....

~E

And honestly, Warcraft art is supposed to look that way. Humans have tiny heads compared to their muscles. Orcs have huge arms compared to their bodies. That's part of fantasy art, making the fantastic seem real. So if they buffed up the BElfs, so what? They're still skinnier than humans....

~E

Exactly!! I totally agree. And I -like- that style.

This is a very good point.

Another thing to consider is how much different certain WoW races look and act when compared to certain other universes' versions of what is "the same race". Tolkien orcs, anybody?

I'm perfectly happy watching and waiting to see what they do. In any case, I'll probably be spending most of my time as a tauren anyway.

I like the buffer look...almost want to roll a BE male myself...

But I just started Tubruk and it will be a trick getting some lvls on him as it is. Plus since I just got WoW the original I haven't gotten ready to get the expansion...so I estimate I'll never get it before enlistment makes me change :cry:

That said...I say Trolls need more muscle :D

Technicaly, the female be's should have gotten the worst of the de-evolution from the night to the high to the blood elves... In night elf society, the females are the warriors, they're the archers, the combat priests, etc. They're the stronger ones, the males seem to always just be druids and the spell casters (not to say druid's aren't tough) so with the female elves being removed from their strength training I could see them being waifish farily quickly.

PS: Troll males are just as built as night elf males when they stand up, they're just 10 feet frikkin tall, where night elf males are around 8 ;p

PPS: Manus you have to come back! Once I get Mae-mae out of this current situation, I wanna strike up some rp with you!

I'm home right now for about a week.

My stuff is still in storage, so we'll see.

It's pretty much been raining for a week start eveywhere east of the Mississippi River.

I know this because I spent 19 hours flying to almost every major city to get home.

Wait.. an elf expects to meet with the Warmaster on peaceful terms?

You're about as crazy as Aendra.

I'm only mentioning that because she's here.. watching... waiting..

She needs some attention.

I SEE YOU ELF!