Nicknames: Jan, Jana, Janny, Jansie, Jam

Alter ego: Adelaide

Race: Human

Hair: Dark red

Eyes: Blue

Height: 5'2"

Place of residence: Hearthglen

Place of Birth: Tirisfal Glades

Known Relatives: Mother Adelaide, father Jacob, and brother Johnathan; all deceased. Foster-sister Evolyn O'Realph, Ex-Husband Trigin Steelblade, Mentor and Student Settana Wheats

Religion/Philosophy: Follower of the Holy Light

Group/Guild affiliation: Teacher for the Argent Crusade and member of the Dusk Watch militia. Formerly a Knight of the Ebon Blade and Knight Captain of Praetorian Guard

Enemies: Rylaan Hunter, the Grim, Jin Hajeri, all Forsaken, Venedict

Likes: Good books, tinkering, pleasant company, good alcohol, not being made to think about complicated things

Weapons of Choice: Sword or mace with a shield

Dislikes: Being wet, or dirty; children, small bugs, and excessive shouting.

Hobbies: Engineering, killing Horde, and hanging out at taverns

Physical Features: Janaelle's features are young, but care-lined. The air around her smells faintly of lavender. Rarely is she seen without a small radio and a small bag that seems to carry far more than should fit inside it. Her blue eyes seem to be constantly alight with happiness and nearly always she smiles.

A thin scar mars her neck from ear to ear, another long one stretches from her hip to her side across her stomach, there are small ones on her neck in a bite mark pattern, and one in the shape of a dragon's scale over her heart. Her ears are pierced several times and a talisman of the Ebon Blade with writing in Thallassian down the blade hangs from her belt which reads "Brothers in death." Lastly, a tattoo of a black dragon stretches across her back, though it is usually covered.

When posing as Adelaide, she is always masked, covered completely, and armed with a 2 handed sword. A small device she created changes her voice, giving it a metallic edge that distorts its normal tones. She also wears a perfume that confuses her normal scent and smells roses.

Positive Personality Traits: Kind, generous, loyal. She doesn't break a promise easily and believes there's good in everyone.

Negative Personality Traits: Crazy. Easily swayed by those she trusts, a little gullible and not always quick on the uptake. Very stubborn.

Misc. Quirks: Fidgets when lying or hiding the truth, commonly heard singing and talking to herself

Theme Songs: What I've over come - Fireflight,

- Within Temptation

History: Story Time, or Janaelle's History

Journal: Janaelle's Journal

janaelle.jpg

Art by the awesome Masque

janaelle.jpg.ce92efd0b177053f0fa05c3c861

"Dead lookin lass? Friends wit tha Evolyn lass?" Bjorni sits back in his chair, draining a mug of ale. "Nae a bad lass ah suppose. Only toime ah 'ave dealt wit' 'er tha last whoile was over tha' Rylaan feller. Took a wee bit o'toime ta even bloody learn 'er name!"

"Jana?" Joe asks as he sips his bourbon. "Yeah, good friend of Gyro and I. What's she done that you'd ask me about her?"

"Nothin' just want some information for a column."

"Alright, I'll tell ya 'bout the Ocean Pearl. She looks after her friends well, and has a nice pair o' legs. Saw her in a dress last night, looked great, but I was thinkin' bout someone else."

Joe then shoves the small green creature with with his foot as the Goblin writes down what he heard and leaves the Tavern.

Jensonis eyed the Goblin curiously, he had seen this particular one around a lot asking questions about random people, though he himself had never had a conversation with him. The Blue Recluse was awfully quiet, in fact he and the Goblin were the only two customers so far. After a moment the goblin wobbled up the steps towards the table he sat at, carrying just a quill and a blank parchment. Finally the goblin reached his table and helped himself to a seat.

"Who are you asking about today?" Asked Jen indifferently, he obviously didn't care much about the situation, if but wanting the goblin to leave.

The goblin pulled out another parchment, this one having writing on it, after a moment he spoke. "I'm asking of one.. Janaelle Angelline."

Jen's face sparked with obvious interest. "Ah, Janny! I'd say she's one of the kindest death knight's you could ever meet! She is always watching out for her friends and loves ones, and in fact she's the first friend I made here. She is sweet, caring, intelligent, and also quiet. She tends to avoid large crowds and sticks to being with just a few friends."

"Anything else you can tell me about her?" Inquired the Goblin.

Jen's moth curved into, what appeared to be, a friendly smile. "If I told you anymore, she'd kill us both. Go on now, before my good mood fades."

The goblin did as he was told without another word and walked out of the tavern.

Tanalia looked up briefly from the map she was studying at the reporter. "Yes, I know her. Good soldier. A credit to the Guard." she looked back to her work. The reporter stood there a bit and she looked back up. "What? That's it. Now shoo!"

Matin nodded at the Goblin. "Aye, I know Miss Janaelle. Nice woman-strong. Thinks a lot like me, in some cases. Spied on me a couple of times--doesn't matter much to me, though.Good lass."

A shrug from the elf. "She was trying so hard to take me off my hippogryph. I don't think she realized I was just trying to see if they had a snack or something..."

Captain Donavan Rider

"Janaelle... Why does that name ring a bell..." Captain Rider appears to be thinking hard as he frowns at the Goblin over his mug. "Oh! Right! Gal Jensonis brought up. Great lady, not very talkative but good sense of humour. Pity more women folk aren't like her. To many have their noses in the air, you know what I mean. Not really my type mind you," says Rider as he leans forward as if to impart some great secret. "That whole, you know, dead thing. Jen is welcome to her."

"I've met her a few times... She seems like a nice person... I know she's close with Jensonis, but other than that I'm no authority on her..." Micael shrugs and shoos the Goblin away.

She visibly relaxes at the sound of the name, and her anxious expression slowly changes to a thin, but genuine, smile. "Well, of course I would know Janaelle - she's my sister!" The young mage says, inviting the Goblin to sit.

He accepts the offer after a long moment of hesitant awe - nobody's ever actually invited him to sit with them before! - and heaves himself into the seat across from her, readying a notepad and pen. "Yer sister, ya said? Didn't think she had any family left..."

"Well... i-if you wanted to be technical, we aren't actually related, but we grew up together, and she's been there for me for as long as I can remember. She made me who I am today. If that isn't family, then what is?"

The Goblin nodded, reading his words as he scribbled them down. "'If...that... isn't... family... then... what... is?...!' Ooh, I like the sound'a that...! Okay, anything else?" The Goblin twirls the pen between his fingers, looking at his notes for a moment longer before eagerly turning his attention to the mage. "H-how about the whole Death-Knight thing? What was that like for ya'?"

The mage smiles politely. "It doesn't matter what she looks like. Paladin or Deathknight, she's my big sister first and foremost. I've always looked up to her, and I hope someday I can be as strong as she is. I love her with all my heart, and I don't know what I'd do without her."

Urivial grunts.

"Yes I know her. No I'm not going to talk to you about her. She's currently wanted is she? I have no idea where she or Ranavos Dryandson is. Goodbye."

Janaelle is a stalwart and vigilant fighter. She serves loyally, and yet I feel she is delicate... like a little lamb; a lamb with a large sword, so don’t think you can take her for a little innocent lady. I have been known to have a 13% error in gauging human fragility, so do not take my word as law. She is one of the few I trust at my side in a fight.

The woman appears thoughtful, "I don't really know much about her, since we just met - but she seemed really friendly and said she has worked with the Saldeans out in Westfall, and would be willing to help the Blades out if we had a need." A pause, she bites her lip, seeming to take the questions very seriously, "I would say she's very well mannered, and seemed to have a kind heart. Oh, maybe you can tell me.." She asks the gnome a few basic questions about the woman, then grins, "I just knew they were a couple! I just KNEW it.. Oh, no - not really anything else to add, I guess.. but I'd call her a friend. A very new one, but a friend nonetheless."

Perched on the edge of the Blue Recluse’s roof, Shaii rested her arm on one propped up knee in contemplation. To her right, the huffing and puffing of someone could be heard and she chuckled as she turned her head and caught sight of yet another disguised goblin climbing up the roof. Calling out to the stout creature, Shaii couldn’t keep the amused tone out of her voice, “…you must really want this story, fungus.”

“Look, pinky, you could come over here an’ make this a little easier on me, ya know?” The goblin stood up straight and then inched his way towards the rogue, sliding one step at a time. Shaii didn’t budge; watching the midget wobble his way over to her before sitting down on the edge of the roof a few feet away from her. As he opened his mouth to speak, flipping through his notepad, Shaii held up a finger for him to wait a moment.

Moving to grab a flask at her hip, Shaii took a drink and then placed the back of her wrist to her mouth. After a moment, she nodded her head, “…okay, good now. Ask away.”

“Janaelle Angelline.”

“Janny…?” The rogue arched a brow before looking out over the mage quarter’s for a moment. Her eyes glowed brightly once before she smirked, “…that loaded weapon of hers know that you’re asking around about her? I’m surprised you’re not breathing out of a hole in your neck, true?”

“…diplomatic immunity. Jus’ doin’ my job.”

“Uh….huh. I like Jan. Respect her. She’s a good woman and a good healer…battle healer. There are some people that deliver kidlets and mend broken bones and watch over those with fevers an’ illness, like Everwounded’s wife. Jan could do that I think…but then you’d be caging that talent. She does her best in the battlefield, true? I’ve not fought with her, but I think she works best under pressure. And she’s fun to rile up. Janny get’s Roo and I better than some people. See her in the Recluse a lot…with, you know, her shadow. Like him too. He breathes danger. Lotta shit going down lately though. People getting drug into fights that they don’t need to be in. People getting hurt…Makes me wonder…”

“Oh?” The goblin lifted the pen, poised to write.

“What, you think I’m telling you? Fel, goblin. I knew you didn’t have any sense when you climbed up on this roof…” Standing, the rogue gave the short creature a smirk before she skipped down the edge of the roof. Using a beam for leverage, Shaii grabbed ahold and leapt down to the cobblestones below before vanishing into the waves of people.

A shotty goblin made flying macine lands on the stolen vessle, Merriana is idly sitting and writing in her journal. "Yo!" He shouts, it being hard to tell if his tone was angry or if he just really wanted to get her attention.

The paladin looks up, "Umm.. Is this -your ship? she asks quietly, searching her a blunt object to possibly knock him out with if she must.

"No.. why? Bah! This isn't even why I came here." He strolls over to her and jams a picture of Jan into her features. "So, you two are close? Whatcha know about her."

Merriana grabs the picture away and idly punts the goblin across the ship. He seemed prepared for this due to her known history of abusing goblin reporters. "Of course I know Jan." She smiles fondly, holding the picture before herself as she strides across the wood planking of the stolen ship. "She is one of my best friends, her husband as well.. They are both very kind to me and I adore them both. I will only speak kind things of them. Jan herself is simply amazing, kind patient, and a spectacular healer." She hauls the goblin back to his feet, the male seemingly unbothered by the kick in the gut thanks to plating under his clothing. "Why do you ask?"

"Just trying to get names, faces, and associations. That's all, lady." He toddles over to his flying machine.

"If anyone asks, this is my ship." She gives a curt nod before moving herself back to her previous sitting, watching as machine flies off, hardly avoiding a ravaging from Sprinkles. Loud curses could be heard fading off.