Aldumraan

The Old Republic

Their armor designs for the later level Sith Warrior are simply badass. Specially the Marauder I enjoyed the whole slick skull cap helm. Now if they would release updates on Consular and Inquisitor like they have for the other class I would be happy.

It will definitely be a give it a try game and I lean toward republic, Trooper/Vanguard and Jedi Consular (both presumed specializations sound awesome)

I'm more of a Classic Star Wars in terms of design, more cloaks, less spikes, imo. But still impressive, more that they worked on their animation rigging alittle.

I agree with Swerto. WANT INQUISITOR.

Also...how can anybody NOT roll a Sith after that video.

There is always the stupid factor. There are actually people on the sith warrior forums claiming they think the jedi knight armor and vid was better. (can't save someone from bad taste) They also don't like how "stiff" the Sith Warrior looked or that his leap in the air "took so long". Those complaints pretty much need no explanation.

Also...how can anybody NOT roll a Sith after that video.

That's like saying "How can someone NOT like listening to Drowning Pool?"

(can't save someone from bad taste)

This statement is hilariously ironic when placed in the context of the aforementioned band.

Anyways, I'm pretty much with Jeedup on the style of the armor. I'm not really digging the armor style. The design of Sith style has always been kind-of flashy and exaggerated since Vader, so it works. I just prefer like.. Sidious. Plain and unassuming. I actually liked the style of the first Marauder armor set. It's more neutral than the more built-up and spiky sets, but is properly gaudy in it's own way.

I will say I am actually pretty impressed with those animations though. That shit is hella smooth to watch.

Anyways, I'm pretty much with Jeedup on the style of the armor. I'm not really digging the armor style. The design of Sith style has always been kind-of flashy and exaggerated since Vader, so it works. I just prefer like.. Sidious. Plain and unassuming. I actually liked the style of the first Marauder armor set. It's more neutral than the more built-up and spiky sets, but is properly gaudy in it's own way.

Just for the record that is the sith warrior class vid, not the sith inquisitor. So the "Sidious" type sith won't use that gear.

Maul then.

Darth-Maul-Attacks-1-1024x768.jpg

Despite the dual-bladed lightsaber I feel he definitely embodies a Sith warrior, and his attire is relatively minimalistic while still retaining that Sith "Oooooh" factor.

Maul then.

Darth-Maul-Attacks-1-1024x768.jpg

Despite the dual-bladed lightsaber I feel he definitely embodies a Sith warrior, and his attire is relatively minimalistic while still retaining that Sith "Oooooh" factor.

Darth Maul is my hero. I want to be Sith JUST because of Darth Maul.

I think I would like the cloak-y kind of Sith armor, too. Jedi/Sith always seemed like Ninjas to me, and what kind of ninja runs around in full armor?

Sith Assassin:

* Double Bladed Saber

* Stealth

* Burst Melee DPS

* Tanking (?)

Darth Maul even had a comic named "Shadow Hunter", so the Sith Inquisitor Assassin class seems pretty much built for him.

Note A: The melee build for inquisitor is based off Maul.

Note B: Maul is by far the lamest sith in the history of sith.

It's all about Vader.

Or the Emperor.

Or Bane.

Or Revan.

Or Malak.

Or Nihilius.

Ahhh... Nihlius...

Darth_Revan_vs_Darth_Nihilus_C_by_clarkspark.jpg

NIHILUS AND REVAN?

YOU,SIR,JUST WON THE GAME.

On a topic-related note, I agree. Jedi/Sith wear light clothing because heavy armor restricts movement which you need to have as much of as possible when using a lightsaber in combat. You need to be able to move quickly/etc, which makes heavy armor unrealistic and stupid to wear. ESPECIALLY with a dual-bladed lightsaber(which is 10x more difficult and dangerous to use than a single-bladed one)

Revan is pretty much whoever you made him to be, so that's kind-of a given.

Malak was a little bitch.

Bane, Sidious and Vader are all legit.

Nihilus is pretty much god tier.

and of course they're basing the inquisitor melee build off Maul.. He's the only official example of the usage of a double-bladed lightsaber. I will admit that I don't like him much, but I feel that his actual personality coincides more with a warrior than an inquisitor.

The heavier armor sets make sense for the Juggernaut. When I think of the Juggernaut I think of a hulking, solid wall of Dark Side energy able to withstand more punishment than durasteel. Like Vader. I just don't like all the spikes and shit is all.

AND WHERE ARE THE CLOAKS?!?!

About your assessment of what you think Juggernauts as and your comparison to Vader:

Vader actually was not heavily armored. He wore a full suit that was thick, yes. The only real "armor" part of it was the little piece of armor that hung over the breastplate and his helmet. Nothing else would be classified as armor.

And in the world of Star Wars, even more in this time, wearing any armor is kind of a moot point where it takes one blaster shot to kill you in many cases(Even with the most "hi-tech" armor there was LATER IN TIME, that is, Stormtroopers) and there are super-people running around you with swords that can cut through anything, and can be thrown.

Actually if you watch the video again and look at the juggernaut mid tier armor you will see that if you just colored it black it actually looks very similar to Vader just without a helmet. The Marauder isn't wearing heavy armor in those vids either, they have the wierd spiked shoulder pads but the armor itself is all synthetic materials etc except for the mask. The top tier Juggernaut though.... yeah that dude is wearing scaffolding. It still looks cool though and they have billed Juggernauts to be like Vader from the "Force Unleashed" games. You know how he was when you played him, walked everywhere, didn't move fast, just plowed through everything with raw power.

Actually there's a Revan book coming out, so there will be an official Revan story 100% soon. (So far the only canon is that it's a he, and he did the lightside ending, nothing else is official)

Also note on armor: Mandalorian armor was very powerful, it could stop blaster fire from most ranges, but at point blank it was vulnerable. Stormtrooper armor was mass produced with little interest in protecting the troops, it was more for uniformity and protection from the environment. The less mass produced armors were more powerful.

Also note on armor: Mandalorian armor was very powerful, it could stop blaster fire from most ranges, but at point blank it was vulnerable. Stormtrooper armor was mass produced with little interest in protecting the troops, it was more for uniformity and protection from the environment. The less mass produced armors were more powerful.

Yep. A lot of Smugglers actually wore blaster-proof vests underneath their clothing (much like Zeerid Korr in Deceived). It'd still hurt like hell, but it would save your life.

Yep. A lot of Smugglers actually wore blaster-proof vests underneath their clothing (much like Zeerid Korr in Deceived). It'd still hurt like hell, but it would save your life.

How was Deceived? I have read a basic synopsis of it so I know what happens but haven't talked to anyone I know who actually read it.

For the record Vader's own armor set was actually made out of durasteel, which was capable of deflecting blaster shots.

How was Deceived? I have read a basic synopsis of it so I know what happens but haven't talked to anyone I know who actually read it.

I enjoyed it, but a lot of the characters felt kinda generic or ham-fisted. The Trooper that is a single father that becomes a Smuggler to support his daughter that lost her legs in a car accident where her mother died. The Jedi that senses the death of her master on Coruscant and goes back to Coruscant against the wishes of the other masters to hunt down the killer of her master and almost falls to the dark side in the progress. Those overly long sentences are intentional.

The most interesting character is Darth Malgus. He struggles with love and the dark side, and has a lot of very fascinating views on the Jedi that do not seem to be shared by the emperor or many other Sith. And with Malgus appearing in gameplay trailers leading an army makes Deceived all the more interesting given the way it ends.

It's worth reading just for the twist at the end that really sets the mood for the Empire at the start of TOR.