Aldumraan

The Old Republic

So, I finally got Xalek, who is awesome.

I am confused though...it's clear he's an Inquisitor. And it's also possible because I am not understanding right, but...is he able to tank, too? He has a lot threat-generating abilities, but wears light armor. But tanks don't wear light armor, aye?

I love Khem and all but he gets a bit stale after spending 90% of the game as my active companion.

Yes. Xalek and Khem Val are both tanks.

The Assasssin's Darkness-spec is a Tank-spec. That's what Xalek is. Most characters get a melee tank and a ranged tank (Broonmark/Lt. Pierce, Skadge/Blizz, Kaliyo/SCORPIO). The Inquisitor lacks the latter, so doubles up on the former. How this helps is that Xalek is the true apprentice to the Inquisitor, and thus can wear "hand-me-downs" in gear.

Don't let the light armor fool you, Xalek is tough as nails.

Well I'm also not a subscriber. But yes, I have done most of the bonus quests. I'm good now. Just dislike mindless mob grinds.

Do you not get as much XP if you are not a subscriber?

(*has been a subscriber since launch, even though not playing currently, so doesn't know*

Aww yeah...suck it Thanaton. Bow before Darth Nox.

Well that was fun.

Since I'm not a subscriber, I'm wondering if its worth trying to gear up (Since I can't use artifact equipment unless I pay for it, of course), or just start a new character.

Hutt Cartel hits in 3 weeks. I'd start a new character. It gives you 3 weeks to level that character, and then you can continue in your first to 55.

Feel free to hit up Section X, Ilum, or the Black Hole district in Corellia for some fun mini-plotlines.

Yeah enheilras is definitely on the money. Better off just restarting at this point since all the current "top" gear will just be yesterdays news in a month anyway.

Even if it's "yesterday's news", you might want to nab some of the models before they disappear forever, especially the tionese-rakata models, with the exception of the few pieces that drop as exotech/xenotech in HM 50 flashpoints, all the models will be unobtainable.

I think the Smuggler and Sith Warrior stuff is really the only cool sets out of the Tier 1; the latter for the very cybernetic Darth Vader / Darth Skotia approach.

If you're on Jung Ma, I have a hard-mode ready Healer/DPS/Tank on Empire.

Not worth the price?

Maybe if you don't end game, or don't like quest content and all you do is well, sit around and look at yourself be pretty. You know, shit that free to players do.

But if you actually pay for the game it's not only "Worth the price" it's a must. It's some of the best questing content and story content out so far, and the new operation is a blast (I havne't finished it yet, but I've been PuGing it as a tank since my guild isn't ready to step into it yet.)

It's not a WoW sized expansion, which is why it's not $45. It's one planet, with about 8 hours of questing content (not even kidding there), per character, and it's different on each faction. It's chapter 4, and a furthering of the story (even if it's more of a planetary questline and less of a class questline, since it's the same for everyone other than some mentions to what you are, etc.)

It was launched with a new operation (which is pretty great), one of the old operations was increased to 55 so people don't get bored doing the same 55 operation over and over (the old one that was increased was asation <the most fun one>) And five of the old flashpoints got hardmodes (no new ones yet, but that will change). This is just the first part of it. 2.1 will probably bring more stuff. But as anyone who plays SWTOR knows, Bioware is notoriously slow at putting out content patches, at least this one leaves more in the way of endgame than SWTOR did at launch.