Aldumraan

The Old Republic

Man, Bioware's gonna have to bite the bullet and buff Sentinels/Marauders. There's basically no reason to ever have one. Guardians and Juggernauts do more damage and have more survivability.

I agree 100%. What I'm stuck on is this though, other than doing more melee DPS in a game that seems quite unforgiving to Melee classes, what do you think BW should add to these classes? More distance closing abilities? More stuns/slows/roots?

I only have one thing to say....

Companions don't know how to shut the #^$* UP!

*mutes all*

There was a bug that was causing you to hear all companions in an area in this build. When they fix it you only hear your own.

Ugh, now I remember why Blizzard took out basically all elite quests from the game.

Because they're stupid and horribly frustrating.

I always play a Tank or Healer, so I end up having a better time with the 2+ and 4+ quests. Usually if I can find someone good who is the opposite role I'm playing we can duo everything with our companions. I've been in some really awful groups though and after trying to be constructive letting them know that "I've devoted enough time to this quest with this group" then leaving.

Best way to finish out heroic-zones is to make friends. Friends make these sort of games a little better.

Though, I believe they may have to tweak it. I've been doing the beta primarily in a group of two, and things are pretty easy. The only real difficulty we've found is running into that giant level 19 champion robot with 191k health and shooting it... at level 14.

I was on Dromund Kaas with two other people doing a heroic quest to steal some explosives from these renegade slaves and plant it on this giant drill. The mobs guarding the bomb killed the 2 people nearly immediately (Even though I basically stopped dpsing on my Inquisitor and was just spamming heals), and I barely managed to kill the last one.

Then the event that happens when you plant the explosives was just impossible. The mobs spawned far too fast, nobody had a chance to heal, and when the final miniboss mob spawned, he basically two shot one guy, and then because both of our companions were already dead, you had us two Inquisitors casting against him as he melee-ed us, did some aoe shockwave, and knocked us into 4 other packs of elite mobs that we just killed 2 minutes ago, and we all wiped. Then it turns out we had to go and get the explosives again, and all of us just gave up.

I said that the mobs spawn far too fast in the elite zone, but that was about it. This late into the beta, I'm fairly certain that other people would have done the same. I heard about people complaining about that quest on General.

I also don't know what the hell system they use for the outdoor instancing things, but it's completely buggy. I get stuck in a different outdoor "instance" than my group members and I go to try and teleport to them and it just doesn't let me for any reason.

If this is how it's going to be on live, I'm really not sure if I want the game anymore. The 1-10 is fine, but ever since I got onto the second planet, there have been buttloads of bugs left and right.

I was on Dromund Kaas with two other people doing a heroic quest to steal some explosives from these renegade slaves and plant it on this giant drill. The mobs guarding the bomb killed the 2 people nearly immediately (Even though I basically stopped dpsing on my Inquisitor and was just spamming heals), and I barely managed to kill the last one.

I never was able to finish that quest on my Sith Warrior before I lost access to the computer that can run the game but I didn't find the mobs guarding the bomb overly evil. I accidentally stumbled into a group with one of those guys trying to avoid the heroic zone and had few issues taking it down with Vette's help, and this was as a level 12 Marauder. I know the inquisitor companion can take a beating so either your tank companion was under tuned for this beta push or there were far more spawned then there should be. He was a beast when I played inquisitor in the nov 11 weekend. General on the server I was on is typically to busy talking about being allowed to sex up which hot female companion or bitching about earth accents on an alien planet to complain about mobs being to hard.

Have had a couple instances where a level 20+ was running around helping people in both the beginning zone and on Kaas and randomly buffing people with his static shield. So that probably helped.

I'd managed to get that specific mission completed both this weekend and the previous beta weekend I played in. The big problem with it is that other people can start their own version of the mission while you're working on yours, hence the superspawn. You only need to survive like 3 waves of strongs (should be easily done with two players + companions) and then the "boss" at the end (slavemaster, iirc).

It also helps to be smart and clear the area around your drill before you actually plant the bombs. you should be done before they start respawning, unless you kill slowly.

That said, Mako is damned annoying. Sure, she heals you every time you get hurt, change zones, equip something, etc. But why does she have to say something every time she does that? Still, does make soloing heroic 2+ stuff much easier. Yay pocket healer!

I think I had the instancing problem once, which surprised me because the planets didn't seem to be instance-separated. Someone was on the same mission I was, so I invited him to a group via the chat window, but I never actually saw him. He -said- he was in the correct area (where I was), but he didn't show up on my map at all. Then I died because I was fighting three elites, not the two I thought I was, and he dropped group. I had the sad so then I went in and spawned the boss I needed to kill while other people were in the area and made sure to shoot first. Victory!

GamePro (Which is shutting down in like 5 days) released a review about SWTOR that was less than stellar. I agree with many of their points, but I find it funny that the site just loses it's mind because somebody has a differing opinion as them.

http://www.oldrepublic.net/242-gamepro-dislikes-swtor-silly-arguments-inside.html

Ironically, on both the page and on the MMO-Champion forum I first read this on, someone says something to the effect of: "It's just in the beta, you can't judge all of it yet" probably share a large demographic with the people who went: "Lol Pandas/KungFuPanda/PokeWoW, I'm quitting."

I agree with many of the criticisms of the video, but I don't take it as far as they do, at least in some regards (I don't think cutscenes are necessarily bad, they just get boring after a while).

I watched the clip, and I think some of their points are very narrow minded. For example, the man and the woman complaining about the amount of cutscenes completely chose to ignore the fact that grinding professions in WoW is far more tedious than it is for SW:TOR (since you can send your companions to do your professions). That level of efficency they complained about is something Bioware is aware of (perhaps they even implemented the companion assisted profession grinding to augment the cutscenes). That isn't to say also that with a simple tap of the spacebar, you CAN circumvent the scenes (save for your choices).

To me, the two wash out if I was not interested in the Lore (which I am, so its a double benefit for me). Every game is always going to have simple minded demographics, so it is inevitable to get those people that think on terms of "Lol Pandas/KungFuPanda/PokeWoW, I'm quitting."

These guys admit they are not the foremost authority on reviewing the game. Few of them got off planet as you did, and so their opinion is even less credible. I am admittedly biased, but at least I do not deny it. I am willing to ignore the character customization (or lack thereof), partly because I am biased, but also because I came from WoW, where I had to simply pick entire heads (which is essentially the same thing with SW:TOR). I hope that in the future (like most MMORPGs), subsequent expanions improve upon the current platform, which I enjoy.

While I have no problem with people having an opinion, I think I at least have to agree with the comments below that article stating, "If you can't sell... sell out".

There will be RP-PVP servers, they just aren't hooked into the guildlaunch program. A few TNGers started up a huge RP-PVP coordination effort and through all the clusterFlake it was decided to roll on the last alphabetically sorted Eastern timezone RP-PVP server that's available tomorrow. Rumor is there will only be one EST RP-PVP server, in which case it makes it easy to pick.

I'd post a link to the temporary RP-PVP server coordination site, but after we get a solid server name, a more permanent site will be going live which I'll link to here.

For anyone curious about the Early Access and isn't watching Twitter, it starts at 7am EST tomorrow and emails will go out then. Not everyone will get in day one but a lot will. So if you preordered early, keep an eye on your email.

Also some side eye Mortica's way in regards to your consular character profile you posted. It is very similar to mine down to race and hair colour and background. Now I have to reconsider things. Thanks a lot! *childish sulking*

For anyone curious about the Early Access and isn't watching Twitter, it starts at 7am EST tomorrow and emails will go out then. Not everyone will get in day one but a lot will. So if you preordered early, keep an eye on your email.

Also some side eye Mortica's way in regards to your consular character profile you posted. It is very similar to mine down to race and hair colour and background. Now I have to reconsider things. Thanks a lot! *childish sulking*

Or hey, we could be sisters! We can do rock-paper-scissors for who is the evil twin :)

Or hey, we could be sisters! We can do rock-paper-scissors for who is the evil twin :)

That could work if you are willing to go with it. Was planning to be fairly light sided but we shall see.