Aldumraan

The Old Republic

You shall all be able in the end of this month to give it a try. However, expect a 20g download.

Any whom signed for beta tested prior to november 11, will get the invite.

I'm curious if the beta download will aid the actual download. Doubt it... but it is wishful thinking.

It was done for aion / rift, so I wont see why not?

All what we needed for official launch is to update via launcher.

Level 50 Flashpoint video released yesterday:

Directive 7:

[video=youtube;TyANtXlsktw]

(Part 1)

[video=youtube;OzeD2OXVMGk]

(Part 2)

Looks like the final part will be released tomorrow. I really find the instan--flashpoint interesting.

There will be a teamspeak RP-PVP coordination meeting tonight from 7:30-9pm EST. The first half hour is supposed to be strictly social, with the meeting itself starting at 8pm. The meeting will be live-streamed at http://www.fragworld.tv, if anyone is interested in listening in on it.

A meeting between the over 50 guilds designating themselves as planning to roll on a North American RP-PVP. Supposedly one of Bioware's PR people might be there also, but that's just a rumor.

If one of them shows up, thats going to be sweet from their part. Even if they don't i kinda have the feels they might be listening via the stream.

[video=youtube;yCX9KJvPUKg]

Part 3 (Final) of Directive 7. The final boss is pretty chaotically awesome:

Phase 1:

The boss fight begins with 2 turrets spawning that both must be destroyed. During this time, the boss will be using a claw to attempt to blast a laser over a particular party member. Phase 1 ends when both turrets are destroyed.

Phase 2:

Phase 2 begins when one of the boss' core processors become open to attack. When this happens, a Core Guardian spawns, with high health and damage, in addition to two more turrets guarding each core. During this time, the boss will not only be using the claw from phase 1, but also shooting missiles at players which appear on the ground as green targeting reticles. Once you destroy the Core Guardian, you are free to defeat the two turrets surrounding the core and then the core itself. Once the core is destroyed, the two main turrets respawn. A second Core Guardian spawns after killing the 3rd Core, and the phase ends when all 4 are destroyed.

Phase 3

The boss keeps the claw and missile attack from the first two phases, and adds an additional mechanic: A giant green laser beam which will kill you unless you get some type of shield or very, very fast heal. The processor of the boss will be exposed and then you have to kill it.

Overall, the video said the boss fight lasts 10 minutes long, which is insane compared to like an end-game dungeon at 85. I'm very excited.

Impressions from the beta:

Graphics are awesome. Storylines are well written. Controls conform to MMO standards, nothing new to learn for your fingers.

A cut scene for every quest? At first it was interesting, but it got old really fast.

Hehehe, watching people rage over a beta being crappy during a huge stress test is pretty funny. It still boggles my mind that people expect sunshine and roses less than an hour into it.

Anyone else planning on playing this weekend?

Anyone else encountering issues with the cutscene voices stop working after a game lock up? I had a lock up upon logout and had to force quit. When I got back in after waiting for my character to log out, I had no voices in the cutscenes and the music was abnormally loud. Checked my sound settings and played with some sliders and still no dice. Close and relaunch didn't work either. Can't find anything on the bioware forums with this problem and nothing via google either.

I have the force to alt f4 to get out issue alot but never have a sound issue when I go back in. I would just try restarting the whole pc/maybe seeing if there is a repair tool in the launcher and running it.

Enjoyed the run into this beta. Was glad to see my characters stuck around. Got to play a few flashpoints and REALLY enjoyed the feeling of how those played out. Bounty Hunter/Smuggler are still my favorite classes by far.

Man, Bioware's gonna have to bite the bullet and buff Sentinels/Marauders. There's basically no reason to ever have one. Guardians and Juggernauts do more damage and have more survivability.