Aldumraan

The Old Republic

Yeah, what I played exceeded my expectations. The story made my character feel epic. One suggestion: don't go to the official boards, you'll lose brain cells. Apparently, all classes can are "SUPER AWESOME DPSERS, EVEN MY JEDI SAGE SPECED FOR HEALING" *roll eyes*

Yeah, what I played exceeded my expectations. The story made my character feel epic. One suggestion: don't go to the official boards, you'll lose brain cells. Apparently, all classes can are "SUPER AWESOME DPSERS, EVEN MY JEDI SAGE SPECED FOR HEALING" *roll eyes*

I've been treating it like a playground, full of idiots to pick on. I feel like a 7 year old girl on the first day of Spring in a rolling grass field filled with wildflowers and a brand new woven basket under my arm, just plucking away at these absolute beauties of tangible and inextricable stubbornness, ignorance, and idiocy.

Sure, it's probably cost me beta access, but at this point I can't give a full damn.

Well, I think beta is almost done anyways. Have at it. ;P I'm going to kill the next person who asks if they can be "neutral"/grey Jedi, or if they can respec out of their advanced class.

Actually, Marauder is more akin to a Fury warrior, as is sentinel.

Operative is like a rogue, that uses a ranged weapon and can do a couple melee hits, but they still prefer to be ranged. Assassin/Shadow are the only TRUE 'rogues' in the sense that you knew them in WoW.

These SWTOR kids are sensitive, right? They blow everything out of proportion and go apeshit even when you're not actively trolling them. I feel sorry for their CSR's and GM's.

These SWTOR kids are sensitive, right? They blow everything out of proportion and go apeshit even when you're not actively trolling them. I feel sorry for their CSR's and GM's.

I think this can be said about people in general.

I think this can be said about people in general.

I've never encountered a gaming community of people as high strung and quick to flip shit over non-issues than the people coming to this game from SWG. You can spot these idiots pretty easily on the forums because their sigs are emblazoned with their SWG server and guild. It's like a battered wife walking around with her abusive husbands name on her shirt.

Amazing leaps of logic and sense like multiple 70+ page threads on the testing forums from people threatening to boycott because some of the items in game didn't have textures (so the item would just be a pink blob). The general chat channel endlessly pumping out anger and threats of reporting, followed by threats of reporting those that report, over people losing their minds over lore.

It gets to the point where a warning flashes across your screen every 10 minutes from Bioware saying "If someone is harrassing you, please e-mail support blah blah blah!"

Two phases ago the only server to test on was a PVP server, the community went so batshit the GM's made a rule that if you went to kill someone and they told you to stop, that they were not interested in PVP, and you continued to kill them you would get a ban. So if you saw someone of your level, went to attack them, they could say "NOT A PVPER!" and you'd have to be on your merry way. Right, so when I did get jumped in a 2v1 and managed to kill the first guy really fast and had the other on the ropes he started to spam "NO PVP!" in the general chat (that's right, cross-faction general chat). Which lead everyone to start caps locking /tells at me about what a fucking douche I was for trying to PVP people that didn't want to PVP.

The end result was an @ thread or two on the testing forums and a chat with a GM.

Odd, I didn't really have any issues with people during my beta.

Of course, I never got to neutral planets, and only played each side to roughly level 10 to get as much diversity as possible, but even then there was few, if any, douchebags I encountered.

You should see my work on the "I want the CE items but I don't want to buy the CE" threads.

My friends, you are looking at the first stage of TOR's TN.

Huh? I thought the whole purpose was to start fresh and not concern yourself with WoW stuff? Stick to your guns, kid - TOR is TOR and don't try to emulate anything you found here. Learn from the mistakes and don't repeat them, and you should be solid.

Make sure Kaldore also tells me his name, so I can gank him with my lightsabers - unless I'm losing... then I'm going to report him. He hurt my feelings by not letting me beat him! Noooo, I'm Luke Skywalker!

Huh? I thought the whole purpose was to start fresh and not concern yourself with WoW stuff? Stick to your guns, kid - TOR is TOR and don't try to emulate anything you found here. Learn from the mistakes and don't repeat them, and you should be solid.

Where did that come from?

Rp-PvP guilds don't get to import, so Keraph and I started a thread to coordinate. We've had a lot of response from the community and it looks like we'll have a diverse server at launch. Thus, 'the TN of TOR'.

Dio and I have even talked about starting our own Enjin forum for this community that is forming if it sticks together.

It gets to the point where a warning flashes across your screen every 10 minutes from Bioware saying "If someone is harrassing you, please e-mail support blah blah blah!"

Two phases ago the only server to test on was a PVP server, the community went so batshit the GM's made a rule that if you went to kill someone and they told you to stop, that they were not interested in PVP, and you continued to kill them you would get a ban. So if you saw someone of your level, went to attack them, they could say "NOT A PVPER!" and you'd have to be on your merry way. Right, so when I did get jumped in a 2v1 and managed to kill the first guy really fast and had the other on the ropes he started to spam "NO PVP!" in the general chat (that's right, cross-faction general chat). Which lead everyone to start caps locking /tells at me about what a fucking douche I was for trying to PVP people that didn't want to PVP.

The end result was an @ thread or two on the testing forums and a chat with a GM.

Originally I was going to say I've experienced this in a few other MMO's I've been apart of, but I haven't to this extent.

I think it only comes as such a shock to us because the TN community has always lived by the infamous, and ironic mantra "PvP happened?! On a PvP server?!"

I absolutely did. There's no chat bubbles, so when I saw "NO PVP!" spammed in Nar Shaddaa chat I thought it was someone complaining about there not being any PVP there. Once I noticed the name I thought "I gave him and his stupid Consular friend a whole mess of PVP." It wasn't clear to me what had happened until my chat window went purple with angry people threatening me for... You know... PVP'ing on a PVP server.