Aldumraan

The Old Republic

Let me rephrase that.

Everyone who ever signed up for beta is in one pool.

Everyone who does weekend beta and did the survey get put in another separate, smaller pool.

Counselors are lame.

Instead of shooting lightning you force push a storm of pellets at people.

PELLETS.

It's so dumb.

(By the way, inquisitors sorcerers and the counselor coutnerpart work a lot like shadow priests. You have a channel spell, a cast, a dot, and an instant cast to rotate around with)

Someone on the tester forums coined the phrase "Power Word: Pebbles" in a thread. Which got shortened to "PWP" which then somehow became "Pwetty Widdle Pebbles" which made me flee the thread for fear that my mind would snap in half.

Someone on the tester forums coined the phrase "Power Word: Pebbles" in a thread. Which got shortened to "PWP" which then somehow became "Pwetty Widdle Pebbles" which made me flee the thread for fear that my mind would snap in half.

Hey at least they didn't take the next logical step and shorten it to just PP.

im glad that my mind is already set on BH.

On a side note: Release dates!

The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch

Regular preorders get to start 3 days before launch! I do not remember where BioWare told me this, but I know they did tell me. I think it was sometime when I did my preorder a couple weeks ago.

After carefulll examining the calendar, I will be taking off the 16th, the 19th, and the 20th off. This give me the friday before the weekend, the monday before release, and then the day of the release. That's 4 days before the 20th.

I think that is enough time. Should I take the 15th as well?

After carefulll examining the calendar, I will be taking off the 16th, the 19th, and the 20th off. This give me the friday before the weekend, the monday before release, and then the day of the release. That's 4 days before the 20th.

I think that is enough time. Should I take the 15th as well?

You should just quit your job and become one of those guys that play video games professionally.

If you preorder now can you still get that early play in?

Should be able to, haven't seen any announcements that say you wont. I will just say Bioware made a claim that the faster you preorder the faster you get early access.

You should just quit your job and become one of those guys that play video games professionally.

Im not that good. I require people to carry my ass. If you are volunteering...

If you preorder now can you still get that early play in?

Yes.

The only thing I think they could have done better on those maps is given you the option of zooming all the way in and seeing the in game maps/floorplans for each item. That said.... damn, this is how you do a map tool. Very cool.

It's pretty much like EVE's map, but more graphically intensive.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9531763#edit9531763 <--Confirmation of RP-PVP servers.

"Please note, the 'RP' part of the RP-PvP designation will be a suggested style of play, not a mandatory one. What that means is, if you feel someone isn't roleplaying, reporting them to Customer Service will not ensure action on their account. We will also not be enforcing naming policies or similar."

Great, so it'll be Rift all over again. I mean, not that WoW is consistent about it, but at least they try.

Did WoW ever enforce actual roleplaying? The only time they ever enforced anything was the name thing (which was rare if they did), and harassment (I don't even know about regular griefing, I never had a griefer I reported by penalized that I can recall). No one can force people to roleplay in a game of star war's projected or warcraft's actual magnitude, I think.

This same thing was being discussed on that swtor-rp.com site, it's a pretty good resource for this kinna stuff so far.