Aldumraan

The Old Republic

I found it funny that the Jedi Knight expressed a very forward willingness to space the Engineers. But when it came to fighting the Mandalorians? He chooses the light sided response and says something along the lines of "I don't want to kill you."

JEDI IS SPY.

Well, to his credit, the Jedi did look pretty bummed when he jettisoned the engineers into the black of space. Rikt would probably save the engineers and then space the twi'lek for even suggesting it.

And on that note, I wonder if not spacing the engineers has a payoff somewhere down the line if it requires a mini-quest to save them (like helping you overcome an enemy or obstacle that would make up for the lost time).

Well, to his credit, the Jedi did look pretty bummed when he jettisoned the engineers into the black of space. Rikt would probably save the engineers and then space the twi'lek for even suggesting it.

Fact remains that he was convinced that killing Republic Engineers was going to help his cause, but killing Empire supporting Mandalorian's is something he didn't want to have to do.

And on that note, I wonder if not spacing the engineers has a payoff somewhere down the line if it requires a mini-quest to save them (like helping you overcome an enemy or obstacle that would make up for the lost time).

I was wondering this as well. Perhaps something happens after we defeat the Mandalorian and the ship has a problem and if you've saved the Engineers you get to skip ahead of something. Or start out further in another "instance" because of them.

It seems like a simple mechanic on the surface, but goddamn if I'm not really, really excited about the choice system.

Woot! I got an invite to beta test SW:TOR. Prolly a mass invite, but I do not care! Almost want to leave work so I can download the client.

Woot! I got an invite to beta test SW:TOR. Prolly a mass invite, but I do not care! Almost want to leave work so I can download the client.

It's not that mass, because I didn't get one.

/seppuku

Guy I know who is in the beta now told me they have one more beta coming up after the one creedy got invited to, that one anyone who has preordered gets invited to. Claims the devs themselves said it in game one day when chatting with testers.

ah, then good.

Its most likely like what Aion did..

a small game time thing so that those who pre ordered get to test out multiple class and etc before actually picking one as a main. (So that you dont waste time or make a mistake when the real thing starts)

Well, they did say the pre-orderers would be eligible for some early-access test weekends, based on when you registered your pre-order info. Though if it's an actual beta phase that pre-orderers can partake in, that would be grand for me, as I'm typically not playing games on the weekends.

Many developers like to do that because it allows for a "stress test" of their server architecture. They like to know how many people can be in a single area before hardware degradation sets in. For WarCraft, the Grim illustrated that it was about 200. For WarHammer, it was 500; so hardware is improving.

And because the nature of Warhammer, you hit that 500 block as soon as you hit tier 2 and tried to do your first siege at launch.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

My computer just died. It was like NOPE, YOU SHALL NOT MOVE AT ALL STAND HERE AND DO NOTHING AND BE 100% USELESS.

And because the nature of Warhammer, you hit that 500 block as soon as you hit tier 2 and tried to do your first siege at launch.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

My computer just died. It was like NOPE, YOU SHALL NOT MOVE AT ALL STAND HERE AND DO NOTHING AND BE 100% USELESS.

aha good times. I miss that game.

It's a shame really, tier 1 was SO MUCH FUN. Then I hit tier 2 and the game just became unplayable. It was very obvious the game was incomplete and they did a horrible job at splitting people up. The biggest issue was the stuff they cut really, if there were all 12 classes for each faction at launch, and all 6 capital cities, people would have split up more between the three fronts, there would be no 'official' front, it would vary depending on the day, and which one was designed the best. Instead what happend is you hit tier 2 and EVERYONE was in EmpirevsChaos, and it was just like LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.

It's refreshing to see that bioware isn't even talking release dates and the game is so near completion. It's obvious to see that EA learns lessons, they don't want another Warhammer. They don't want another APB. They want the next world of warcraft, they want the next everquest.

The forum thread says it's random.

Both RC and SoK fall into the realm of 'eligible guilds'

Yeah, we don't need to do anything more than we already have in order to be in with a chance.

I suppose I COULD start running about the TOR forums, though...

I didn't say you needed to do anything other than what you've already done. My post was for people who don't have their guild registered already on the SWTOR site, not the ones that are listed there already.

[video=youtube;pAYiGnDbrz4]

Interesting thing of note:

Four other cats with my name on those forums.

Guess this is going to be like warhammer and me taking leave to register my name on as many servers possible.