Aldumraan

The Old Republic

I was amused by the similarities to the Darth Maul fight.

1. Two Sith/Jedi fight a Zabrak.

2. Zabrak uses a saberstaff.

3. Zabrak effectively kills master. (though technically in this case the apprentice kills the master)

4. Apprentice finishes Zabrak by cutting through his mid-section.

Also, Smuggler and his hat are boss. That can't be said enough.

I felt it was more of a homage to the first escape from the Death Star in Episode IV, really. A frantic run to a smuggler's ship against an overwhelming force of evil, and the Jedi master stays behind to save his apprentice while the rest escape?

I felt it was more of a homage to the first escape from the Death Star in Episode IV, really. A frantic run to a smuggler's ship against an overwhelming force of evil, and the Jedi master stays behind to save his apprentice while the rest escape?

Well, that too.

Frankly, this trailer had shout-outs all over the place.

I think it was the best trailer, actually.

Had some more malgus badassery :3

Side note: He's not a zabrak, he's a Sith. No horns.

Personally I hope I can turn the hats off. Everything about the smuggler was badass but the hat to me.

Zabrak for the win.

Yeah, they have a hide helmet thing just like WoW.

I have a friend that ran their demo thingy at E3. She's a staunch anti-MMOer.

She's going to play it when it comes out. Because it's that awesome.

Personally I hope I can turn the hats off. Everything about the smuggler was badass but the hat to me.

Zabrak for the win.

Fuck you man

Fuck you man

Depends on the hat einhelras. I will admit smugglers get some fine hat action in SWToR but god sake look at imperial agent hats. They will get a horrible case of helmet hair wearing those.

Posted this on the BT forums today in response to another comment and figured it was vague enough for public consumption:

I've been in the beta for a couple of months now, so I'm bound by the NDA to not talk shit about the game. All I'm allowed to say is "There is a closed beta and I am participating in it."

I will say three things on top of that, none of which I feel anyone at Bioware Austin would be too pissed seeing posted about the game:

1. It's been a LOOOONG time since I had so much fun with a game that I stayed up all night and played hooky from work the next day. I've done that twice since June.

2. I enjoy themepark type MMO's (like WoW) and find sandbox type MMO's (like SWG) less enjoyable. I enjoy this game.

3. I have been spoiled by voice acting and can't play other MMO's.

3. I have been spoiled by voice acting and can't play other MMO's.

No surprise there. One of the top 5 complaints for Age of Conan from those who played it on launch week was "The voice acting stopped when you left the tutorial island." Only people who have never played an MMO with real V/A think it doesn't matter in a online game.

PS: Pre-orders are available now and apparently the faster you redeem your pre-order code the earlier your early access starts. Amazon is showing my estimated delivery date is also 01/03/2012.

Yeah, but the CE is outrageously expensive

Everyone who doesn't hate Star Wars, and I assume that's still most of you, BioWare just snipped the inaugural tape off its pre-order page for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Get thee over there now, especially if you want to grab one of the special editions, or lock down a code that'll give you "early game access" and "exclusive in-game content."

The $150 "collector's edition" looks pretty loaded: a statute, collectible metal cases for the game discs, an annotated journal, a map of The Old Republic's galaxy, a "custom security authentication key," the game's soundtrack, and all of that tucked inside a "high-quality collector's edition" box. Grab this and you'll also get 30 days of game time, and these online goodies: a flare gun, training droid, holodancer, holocam, game vehicle, a mouse droid, and special in-game vendor with "unique" items.

The $80 "digital deluxe edition" strips the collector's edition of its physical goodies but keeps the 30 days of game time and narrows the online items to these five: the flare gun, training droid, holodancer, holocam, and game vehicle.

And last but not least, the surprisingly high-priced $60 "standard edition" is just what you'd expect it to be: the game discs stuffed inside your average game box.

All pre-orders are eligible for an "early game access" code, but BioWare cautions that "Pre-order quantities are limited and will be processed in the order they are received."

It sounds like Bioware's also planning "beta test weekends" beginning sometime in September and open to "selected" players. No need to pre-order the game, registration appears to be open to anyone interested at www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com.

God damnit, origin CHARGES you for pre ordering.

Fuck.

That.

Gamestop, I hate you with a passion but I'm pre ordering a PC game from you, I promised I never would. But EA's refusal to allow Steam to carry SWTOR and attempt to push this shitty e-store service has forced my hand.

Good thing I pre-ordered my collectors from amazon this morning then. I hate the price tag and don't give a crap about the statue but I love game soundtracks, want the map, and the extra in game items/book+authenticator will be handy.

Huh.. The text Raziel quoted specifically mentions the 30 day free subscription time (standard for most MMOs) for both the collectors edition and the digital deluxe edition.. But not for the standard edition..

I'm wondering if this is implying that people who just get the standard edition have to pay for the first month of game time.

If so.. Well, that's pretty cheeky.