Sign in to follow this  
Chandrath

Chandrath Phellan

Name: Chandrath Phellan

Race/Class: Worgen Druid

Residence: Chandrath has never really found a home after leaving Gilneas. He usually stays in Darnassus, but he has no problem sleeping in the woods. He also has a temporary place on the Stormrunner, but he has been forced go back to Darnassus after its sabotage.

Family: Chandrath's parents are still alive, but they betrayed and abandoned him after he was cursed, so he usually does not talk about them.

Birthday: August 13th

Religion/Philosophy: Chandrath has adopted Elune as his primary diety because of the exposure to night elf culture. Before that, he never really had any faith. However, he does tend to see the world through different lenses, which lets him view events and people differently than most other people.

Occupation: Previous to joining the Corsairs, Chandrath worked as a spy and an infiltrator at SI:7, where he quickly rose through the ranks after breaking up several black market smuggling rings. However, some thugs got some information on him, and Chandrath was forced to go into hiding for a period of time. When he came out of hiding, he learned that several high-ranking SI:7 officials had given his information to the thugs because he was a threat to their positions. Driven by his hatred for Alliance military, Chandrath joined the Redblade Corsairs and now lends his skills as a spy and an infiltrator to them.

Guild/Group: Redblade Corsairs

Likes: Chandrath has always been an avid reader with a thirst for learning and knowledge. He enjoys nature in its entirety, which is why he became a druid. As of late, he has been eavesdropping on many people, including those in his own guild. This is because he likes, and almost needs, to keep tabs on people to see where their loyalties lie and what they are planning on doing in the future.

Dislikes: Chandrath has always hated technology because it is causing people to get lazy and slack off in their daily duties. He hates people that believe they are better than everyone and deserve to get anything they want. He hates goblins because they are lying and devious creatures. However, Chandrath hates government and the military most of all because they have betrayed him on multiple occasions.

Weapons of choice: Chandrath has been known to favor the mace and the hammer for armed combat. However, he is a highly trained hand-to-hand combatant in both his human and his worgen form. Because of this, he has stopped carrying weapons when he goes on missions. This gives his enemies a false sense of security before he breaks their spine and rips their throat out.

Enemies: Anyone that champions government and the military. Other than that, there is no one that he considers an enemy, yet...

Positive traits: Chandrath is very loyal to his allies and will help them when they need it (but only for good reason). He is a very kind person and will help defend those who need it. He is also very independent, a fast learner, very humble, and wiser than he looks.

Negative traits: Chandrath usually beats himself up over the smallest mistakes even though he sees mistakes as ways to better yourself. He can be pretty dull and shy at times, and he can be very disinterested with what is going on around him. Finally, he, quite literally, has a primal rage. After his parents betrayed him and left him for dead when he was cursed, he went into a blind rage and almost killed some of his allies. When the Forsaken landed on the shores of Gilneas, Chandrath earned a reputation for being bloodthirsty and ruthless in battle. He remained in his blind rage until he reached Darnassus, where the night elfs helped him control the beast inside of him. Now he attempts to control himself even more because he fears that his primal rage will eventually destroy him.

Quirks: Chandrath usually keeps everyone at arm's length because many people have betrayed him and because he fears that he will accidently vent his anger on them. Because of this, he has never had any close friends, so he is somewhat awkward in conversations. Also, because of his view on the world, he tends to disagree with many people about their problems. To him, a problem is meant to be overcome and if you are complaining about it, you have not tried to overcome that problem.

Special Abilities: Chandrath is skilled in the arts of spying and infiltration, which results in people asking him to spy on his crewmates. He is also a healer, but he is not the best healer. He did learn about healing as a druid, but he focused more on combat than he did healing.

Description: Chandrath is not a vey public person, so he is not seen that often. He is about 6' with a powerful fighter's build. His hair is black and he has let it grow out over the years, so he keeps it in two braids that drape over his shoulders. He keeps it well groomed, but he has been meaning to shorten it. His eyes are gold, which is odd, but he has learned to accept that fact. His features are well toned, but rough, which makes him look older than he is. He usually speaks in a very kind tone of voice, unless he gets angry. When that happens, his voice turns into a growl as he tries not to change into a worgen. He often uses his hands when he speaks, and he cannot stand or sit still for very long. When he is lost in thought, he absent-mindedly looks up at the sky because it helps to clear his mind. He tries to hide his emotions from others, but sometimes a laugh or a blush will come out, so he tries to cover it up.

Final notes(OOC): I'm going to be honest here. I have not been role-playing for too long. When I wanted to make Chan, I thought I was going to make a worgen druid on a realm one of my friends reccomended to me. When I joined the Corsairs, I realized "Oh crud, this is a serious RP guild! I need to learn how to RP!" Thus, I made Chandrath Phellan. In the end, I have only been seriously role-playing for about one month. I have learned how to RP, but I have a long way to go before I'm good as half of the people I know on this server.

Cuergo rests a hand on his belt, the other on his club as he studies the Goblin. He adjusts the brim of his hat for a better view. When the Goblin repeats the question impatiently, Cuergo frowns slightly. "Chandrath who? Never heard of him, I'm 'fraid. Sorry, partner. Perhaps if you were to tell Ol' Jimmy Quickshot what he looks like..." As the Goblin describes Chandrath, Cuergo raises a brow. "Sounds a lot like gent I know. Call him 'Frigate'. Hes as quick as a frigate bird is why! Sorry I couldn't be of more help, partner."

"Right! Mr. Phellan! Uh huh, fantastic feller, real nice. Real smart an' such, I feel like he be the good contrast against the rest o' the mates."

He shifts his eye patch, nodding.

"For some bleedin' reason they call him frigate, 'sposed to be some bird. Madness, I tell you!"

"I like Chandrath." Her smile was small, but genuine. "Even back when I was at odds with the Redblade Corsairs.. he helped me out in a big way once, when it mattered the most. We got into a fight one time after that.. but I was lashing out in frustration over something that I really couldn't hold against him."

"Chandrath?"

Evellin chuckles, sounding rather delighted. Or relieved. "A brilliant man! Level headed! For once in my life, I've a First Mate with sense and reason! Control, even!" She thumped her helm once. "You can't replace someone like that, these days. I swear... it's something in the water... people are just..." The Death Knight trails off, shaking her head. "Anyone lays a hand on him, and they answer to me, you hear?"

With that, the Captain hurried off.