maurdakar

Leaders of the... Warcraft

I don't know how fair this really is: think about it, if your wife was asleep for.. let's go with a thousand years.. and you finally get to be with her again..

.. Wouldn't you act like a blubbering teenage girl?

Personally? I would. I admit that freely.

Except she isn't like that in Warcraft 3 nor Frozen Thone when Malfurion is awake...

Except she isn't like that in Warcraft 3 nor Frozen Thone when Malfurion is awake...

They were busy trying to save the world?

Gallywix though? You'd have to be the epitome of moral relativists to say that he isn't.

... I -

... am just kidding.

They were busy trying to save the world?

They aren't now? You have Deathwing, Twilight's Hammer, Ragnaros, Azshara, not to mention the Horde invading nearly every Night Elven settlement. And all Tyrande is worried about is some stupid bush that Shandris gave her that represents true love or some other nonsense. In Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne she has no problem with telling Malfurion to basically shove it and let her do what she wants since she's led the Night Elves for ten thousand years while Malfurion slept. Now she's just like "Waaaa I can't do anything without him!"

The fact is that they've dumbed down Tyrande's character from an Amazonian leader into a blubbering school girl. Granted the Amazonian-type character is over done in it's own right, I'd much rather have that then another Jaina Proudmoore who cries about everything (Not to mention they did the same thing with Jaina - From a badass Archmage survivor to a girl crying over Arthas).

Hell, the picture for the TYRANDE WHISPERWIND story is primarly Malfurion.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/leader-story/sylvanas-windrunner/1

Sylvanas story.

Deals with some pretty cool shit. Helps fill in plot holes I was thinking of, and justifies her existence in Cataclysm. I feel like I know the character better now.

Actually this may be may favourite so far.

However, as much as I like how evil the horde is now, I can't seem to get over one of the biggest plot holes, which is sort of mentioned. Still the motivations don't make any sense anymore.

Alright so...there were a few discrepancies with the storyline that the author probably should have realized:

1.) Uther's spirit tells Sylvanas to her face, if you play the Horde side, that there must always be a Lich King

2.) It's argued that Sylvanas' reanimated flesh is nigh indestructible...and then Godfrey shoots her once in the head and she dies. This is compounded with the fact that that Forsaken Marshal gets his lower jaw blown off and he's just fine.

It's interesting that if her Val'kyr die, then so would she. And since Godfrey popped her in the crown, 3 of them had to resurrect her, that means only 5 are left.

The story was pretty good, but I dont know if I'd say it was my favorite.

I liked it. So far I've had the impression that Sylvanas seemed to be following in the steps of the Lich King. Without giving away too much, she seemed to care somewhat for her people by the end, no longer seeing them as 'arrows in the quiver'. Although, I'd like to think that things like 'compassion' and 'fellowship' will be represented differently among the Forsaken than living races. Blizz doesn't seem to really explore the ontology of the undead, though it might be for the best to keep it ambiguous. I just don't want to see Sylvanas convert into some kind of softy down the line. :P

Personally, I did like how durable the Forsaken were represented in the story. I tend to interpret them that way- difficult to kill, but not necessarily hulking warriors like other races. But, my bias also comes from growing up on playing D&D. Sneak attack doesn't do so much on undead. p_q

The latest story is up, Varian's:

Blood of Our Fathers

I think I liked it just a little bit more than the Gnome story, and thus it is my favorite. It had pretty much everything I wanted from a faction leaders story: Action, character development, confrontation, a touching element, and even some humor (General Afrasiabi trying to impress the crowd by explaining an engineering thing as Varian and Anduin are in the middle of an assassination was hilarious). I really liked Anduin's character development, and I find it interesting in the fact that he reminded me of a Priestess of Elune in the sense that he used Light-based powers (Elune-based in the Night Elves' case) as well as being extremely proficient in using a bow. I really hope they utilize him more in the future expansions. I also liked the Benedictus story elements now that we know that he's working for the Twilight's Hammer, the last scene with him is especially awesome after he begins spouting Twilight Hammer stuff and is cut off by Varian coming back.

I only hope that they don't make Anduin some Super Saiyan with the Light now just because it's shown that he's proficient in using its powers.

GG Maur. :P

On a side note: I went and fiddled about on my alliance toon yesterday, and found that neat lil graveyard place in SW. There's a headstone for the Queen of Stormwind, too. Does Varian's story include her? I just might be tempted to read it if she's a part of it. ( AND SHE DAMN WELL SHOULD BE.)

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?20961-Leaders-of-the...-Warcraft/page4 -Varian Wrynn

Varians story is up. I quite enjoyed it, I also enjoyed Sylvanas story. Varians was very very traditional I felt.

Sylvanas, I felt gave alot of insight into the character. It sort of answered some of my questions and reinforced how evil she is.

You're a bit late to the party.

The latest story is up, Varian's:

'>Blood of Our Fathers

I think I liked it just a little bit more than the Gnome story, and thus it is my favorite. It had pretty much everything I wanted from a faction leaders story: Action, character development, confrontation, a touching element, and even some humor (General Afrasiabi trying to impress the crowd by explaining an engineering thing as Varian and Anduin are in the middle of an assassination was hilarious). I really liked Anduin's character development, and I find it interesting in the fact that he reminded me of a Priestess of Elune in the sense that he used Light-based powers (Elune-based in the Night Elves' case) as well as being extremely proficient in using a bow. I really hope they utilize him more in the future expansions. I also liked the Benedictus story elements now that we know that he's working for the Twilight's Hammer, the last scene with him is especially awesome after he begins spouting Twilight Hammer stuff and is cut off by Varian coming back.

I only hope that they don't make Anduin some Super Saiyan with the Light now just because it's shown that he's proficient in using its powers.

On a side note: I went and fiddled about on my alliance toon yesterday, and found that neat lil graveyard place in SW. There's a headstone for the Queen of Stormwind, too. Does Varian's story include her? I just might be tempted to read it if she's a part of it. ( AND SHE DAMN WELL SHOULD BE.)

She is referenced a few times, but she does not appear in a flashback or anything.

The comic already covered that part of his story extensively. WHY WOULD BLIZZARD GIVE US FREEBIE FLASBHACKS WHEN YOU CAN PAY FOR THEM?

They don't. Nothing in the story is recap info outside of maybe referencing Onyxia vaguely.

Best story by far. Only more evidence to prove Varian is so vastly superior to every other leader. Long live King Varian!

But damnit all, I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WAS IN THE LOCKET!

Old story is old, I think it was even talked about on this thread earlier.

The story itself is good, but it just seemed nonsensical to have all the other ones occurring around the time of Cataclysm and have the Belf one be before Wrath even happened.

Personally it kind of irritates me that the other leaders got "leaders of warcraft" stories written up, but Lor'Themar gets an old fanfic pressed into service 4 years after it wins a contest as his "leader of warcraft" story.

I'm siding with Ansha on this one; I was actually kindof looking forward to Lor'themar having a light thrown on him for a bit and seeing his perspectives on the world of today, but I guess they'd rather work on more thrall things or something.

I don't think there's anything they can use to cop-out with Velen at least. Wonder how that's going to go...

Thank you guys for saving me the effort of re-reading that story.

Also, I think the thing that irritates me most is not that they reposted a good story, but more that they wasted so much time when they ALREADY HAD THE STORY READY TO POST.