Fjordan

Concerning the public Horde-side RP channel.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this thread in, but it seemed like the best.

Was talking with a few folk in the Horde-side RP channel ( /join RP ) and I was informed that the channel was originally an IC channel that took place in a tavern in Brill or something of the likes. I was unaware of this and upon joining the channel, I was under the impression that it was OOC. Can someone clear the confusion and set everything straight? I don't like being confused. :C

The Horde RP channel became OOC in recent days, because before that it was simply dead. It was resuscitated with Cata as an LFRP channel, I guess is the best way to put it.

Channel RP isn't really necessary anymore, I don't feel. Back in Vanilla it was easier because travel around Azeroth was such a pain. But now, it's not difficult to put aside an hour and fly out to a town to RP.

I looked through several rp servers before coming here. The most successful rp channels were handled OOCly. I like the idea of an IC rp channel, but I can understand the stress of maintaining character when out questing, etc. Moreover, an OOC channel seems to allow for casual discussion where people can talk and vent frustrations if need be. This seems to help foster a more solidified community, imo. People will randomly bust out IC discussion and use ** to book end their actions, but it's usually for kicks and giggles.

If Horde's primary rp channel is IC, I can imagine it's pretty quiet. I know you'll have disagreement about it, but I honestly think it'd be for the best if it'd transition into OOC.

I don't think the Horde OOC RP channel even sees any use. The brief period I occupied the channel, it was as quiet as a mouse. One would probably find RP easier using the various RP/PvP/PvE Guild channels. LiberatorOOC could always use a little love, being how quiet it's been post-Liberators :<

Every time I've seen an attempt to revive the RP channel, it eventually devolves into a pile of stupid rivaling the Trade channel thanks to an influx of random people coming in and mucking it up. I don't use it for the same reason I don't use any public channel.

Meh, the RP is better off without a channel to "find" it with. If I really wanted to find it, I'd look for actual RPers in the area or just look here. That's the beauty of a resource like TNG, where you can find RPers without having to filter through a pile of stupid, so to speak.

Though the TNG RPers are a smaller subsection of the server's RPers. You may be missing out on something good if you only rely on it. But you might be avoiding half dragon quarter elf quarter angel characters, too. Or not.

The current state of the Horde RP channel is... Dead. It was trolled and a Password placed on it, I'd like to get a new channel going for my fellow RPrs horde side. A thread will be posted here soon.