Talarian

Ugh...Tol Barad is Bad

Go AFK until the last minute of the battle.

Zerg a base so that it shifts out of the attackers hands and into the 'contested' area.

Win.

It's not hard.

Battle ends when a team captures all three nodes.

Battle ends when a team captures all three nodes.

No it doesn't. You and the rest of the Alliance should give it a try. You know, just to be sure.

That's the way it SHOULD be.

nodes start at neutral

3 nodes = instant victory

2 nodes at end = victory.

no superior number at the end = overtime.

No it doesn't. You and the rest of the Alliance should give it a try. You know, just to be sure.

Yes it does. You and the rest of the Horde should give a try. You know, just to be sure.

The Horde did it all the time on defense last week! It's worked well for us!

I'm sure we would do it again. You know, if we ever actually capture it this week.

I've not seen it trade over at all this week, even during off peak hours.

The dominance doesn't surprise me. The Alliance have held it long enough to catch on as to how to win with little effort. When the Horde was losing it, it was a matter of people being dumb and not understanding the concept of how it worked.

Now it's a cycle that is near impossible to break, because while circle zerging requires zero skill, coordinating prong attacks and holding bases with a third of the size of the force attacking them while your own zergs are off taking other bases is extremely difficult, especially with a bunch of randoms and little guarantee of quality. The Horde has gotten extremely organized from what I've seen, but it's so skewed in favor of the Defenders that nothing will change until the mechanics are changed, honestly.

It's an issue you guys would be having, too, were the tables turned and the Horde had figured out how to effortlessly hold it first.

Once the battles aren't so heavily skewed in favor of the Defense, then we'll start to see TB trading hands way more and actual battles that don't instantly devolve into circle zerg.

It's very easy to say "That is COMPLETELY irrelevant" when you weren't the one stuck with the shit. People should remember that.

It IS completely irrelevant, really. Just because it "switched hands" like that on our server doesn't mean it did for others. On many other realms, it may have been Alliance winning in WG and Alliance winning now in TB, or vice-versa with Horde, and so on and so forth, thus prolonging the hellery for those servers' 'underdog' factions. TN isn't the only fish in the sea.

For the most part, people above me are quite correct -- Tol Barad simply needs to be engineered differently. The one to one ratio I'll admit is a good idea, but attackers and defenders need at least to be on even footing. Here's hoping they'll see to it in short order!

It IS completely irrelevant, really. Just because it "switched hands" like that on our server doesn't mean it did for others. On many other realms, it may have been Alliance winning in WG and Alliance winning now in TB, or vice-versa with Horde, and so on and so forth, thus prolonging the hellery for those servers' 'underdog' factions. TN isn't the only fish in the sea.

For the most part, people above me are quite correct -- Tol Barad simply needs to be engineered differently. Here's hoping they'll see to it in short order!

There are servers where TB hasn't traded hands at all since Cataclysm, yeah. You only need to look at the MMO-Champion or WoW forums to see that. Once one faction figures out how to defend it, it's extremely difficult to uproot them.

You win as soon as you control all three towers.

I'm not going to post the sarcastic, funny post I was going to make lest I offend anybody or break rules here and instead put it simply - I was trolling, mate. I thought that was obvious after my back and fourth with Thal.

I'm not going to post the sarcastic, funny post I was going to make lest I offend anybody or break rules here and instead put it simply - I was trolling, mate. I thought that was obvious after my back and fourth with Thal.

Pretty sure Skaadvik is trolling/joking too.

I don't see why this entire thread is relevant, if you care post on the wow forums mods don't read ours. It's just gonna come down to:

Alliance doesn't really care, for once we're top dogs.

Horde Cares because boohoo they're losing for once, it's not like this isn't eventually gonna get changed I'm sure enough people QQ'ing will have TB getting re-vamped soon enough. Unless you believe conspiracy theory morons who think this is some ultimate scheme to fix faction imbalance or something crazy.

In light of recent events, I'd like to turn the time over to the Alliance, now, so they can QQ about the imbalance of Tol Barad.

In light of recent events, I'd like to turn the time over to the Alliance, now, so they can QQ about the imbalance of Tol Barad.

Man, I hate how we've owned this BG for the last week. Seriously Blizzard, you have some nerve giving us all of that free honor that we'll probably get back in the early hours tomorrow.

QQ.

TB was amazing the first few fights, huge battles and some good fun. Once it settled into who turtles better wins it. Lost it's luster rapidly. I'm sure they'll change it to make it easier to change hands. Though, as I approach exalted, I find myself caring less and less.

It's not really who turtles better so much as.. Who zergs better?

When you play defense, you find yourself playing very little.. Defense. It's honestly just a lot of "Zerg 8 o'clock, when the attacking team does their attack, all dead zerg 12 o 'clock. etc. etc.

It's not really who turtles better so much as.. Who zergs better?

When you play defense, you find yourself playing very little.. Defense. It's honestly just a lot of "Zerg 8 o'clock, when the attacking team does their attack, all dead zerg 12 o 'clock. etc. etc.

It's not really who zergs better so much as... Who turtles AND zergs better?

When you play offense, you find yourself playing a lot... Offense, it's honestly just a lot of zerg 7:47 O'clock, when the defending team does their attack, all dead zerg 4:14 o'clock. etc. etc.

Post.

The odds are already stacked against the attacking force. In fact, they're stacked in favor of the defense more so than we would like at this point. We're looking to address this in an upcoming patch so that defending Tol Barad doesn't feel like there's virtually no fear of loss.

In line with that design goal, we made this hotfix to ensure winning Tol Barad back for your faction feels much more rewarding.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869

Hooray! Sounds like this is the first step towards a good TB.