Gorymoru

Cataclysmic PvP!

Hah. I lied. This is actually a question about how you view Cataclysm's PvP at 85. As I've been lazy and dealing with teh RLZ, I haven't been able to sample 85 yet. However, Killing Spree combat spec at 82 is just as fun as it was at 62 =P.

I'm running around with 2300 resil and killing most things I run into. I have some really tough fights, but right now before people start running away ahead of me with gear, it's a pretty even playing field and TONS of fun.

So far I've been managing to hold my own during most fights but I haven't reached 85 yet. I think since I'm leveling as Disc there are some horde who make the quick jump and assume I'm holy. It's actually fun being getting the chance to smash most of those who think I'm an easy meal.

I'm a bad, so I'm pretty death-prone in small numbers. But oh god when left alone in my demo spec (because that's what I was questing as when the TB queue popped) shooting things from a ramp and letting the felguard go in there and brostorm all over some alliance faces? It's pretty nice.

1v1 I need to actually l2p Y_Y

I'm running around with 2300 resil and killing most things I run into. I have some really tough fights, but right now before people start running away ahead of me with gear, it's a pretty even playing field and TONS of fun.

Eh? How do you have 2300 resilience? Are you wearing your 80 stuff? I call SHENANIGANS!

Haha, armory didn't update with my bracers.

Pretty much when I hit 85 I realized that I needed some gear to carry me through BG's, or when season 9 hit I was going to get shit on by everybody who was having more luck at winning than me, so I found a blacksmith and got all my bloodied pyrium made. My first priority afterwards was getting a trinket that didn't suck balls, and replacing some of my extremely low gearscore pieces. After that I wanted to get my 2pc bonus for the 400 resil, and decided I'd wait on the 5 piece bonus, and I'd pass on the helm (I'll wear my engineering goggles when I get that far, shit's expensive to level).

So far I've been managing to hold my own during most fights but I haven't reached 85 yet. I think since I'm leveling as Disc there are some horde who make the quick jump and assume I'm holy. It's actually fun being getting the chance to smash most of those who think I'm an easy meal.

Good luck maintaining that all the way through to 85. It got way too inefficient for me to continue doing at 83 and I wound up making a shadow spec and leveling got a lot faster. When the mana costs start shooting skyward and your damage stays basically the same, it isn't worth it.

As for the state of PvP, well, I'd go on about it here, but I wrote an entire long-winded blog entry about it yesterday so I'd feel like I was repeating myself. But long story short my spec, Disc, isn't in a good place, but I'm going to stick with it, because I hate all the other specs, and it makes me feel like I'm being tough.

Ah, the 400 resilience is the thing that I didn't think of ... ok, it makes sense now! I have the eight piece bloodied for Servitor, my 264 trinket, and I think I bought the cloak. Need more HONOR!

I'm still wearing 2-piece Wrathful, and the Blacksmithing grind on my other Paladin is insanely slow, so it might be a while until I get to crafting Bloodied Pyrium stuff. I am rockin' mah Vicious shield wall, though, and I'm grinding up for another piece of Bloodthirsty. I might be running WG every week at this rate, though, because the Honor grind is atrociously slow, and a WG win spots me some easy honor along with the quests.

*HELPLESSLY DIES SINCE WE CAN NO LONGER HEAL THROUGH ONE DPS ON US LET ALONE 2*

"What the FFFFFuuuuuuu-*Decapitated*

Healers need a raw healing buff. Or a removal of the 15% nerf they recieved in Wrath. Can hardly heal through one DPS on us let alone two, so manys tuns and silences out there right now...

Heh. The healing isn't so bad, it just requires your damage dealers to pay some attention to you and give you the peels when you need it.

I can't solo run a flag with 5 dudes on me, but I can still solo run a flag with 5 dudes on me but 1-2 friendlies with me for peels.

But I can agree with your general statement, though I think it has more to do with too-high damage than too-low healing. It's retarded when I have to seriously time my defensive CDs (hell it's stupid that I have to BLOW defensive CDs) and kite like a motherfucker to survive one baddie DPS tunneling me.

Crafted Redsteel to get out of my last couple of Wrathful pieces, and spilled a couple hundred gold for a Pyrium belt. I'm working towards crafting the other offsets on my other Pala. Now to get a decent weapon, which means I need to gear up better PvE-wise...

ADDENUM: I noticed a GREAT deal of improvement after dropping Wrathful, which gives me even more hope for Prot PvP.

I've run into a few protection paladins, and the ones in and around 120k health do hold up pretty well. I'd say I win more than I lose... but the ones I do win are pretty close for a fury warrior with a wonky spec!

You aren't Jesus on wheels anymore, but the mechanics and skills aren't working against you. Good luck!

I was pvp'ing as Shadow for a while, and I was doing pretty great, then Kyrion asked if I would consider getting a healer pvp spec. So I'm trying out holy right now, and I'm quite enjoying it, but I'm still god -awful- at it right now, but getting better quickly.

Rated BG's! :D

So far I'm liking PvP at 85. My main gripe however is that hunters and hunter pets right now are bugged to all hell. This hasn't stopped me from wasting a lot of people 1v1, especially when I get the drop on them. What I really don't like though is that the two main survivability cooldowns hunters have right now (Deterrence and Master's Call) are both bugging out right now. Things are going through Deterrence that shouldn't be, and Master's Call can be made to fail with a timely stop of the pet through something like a stun.

Cobra Shot, however, is making prot specs a lot easier to kill, especially as Survival. The fact that it's elemental damage and not physical means it ignores armor, and that gives me at least a fighting chance against things like warriors and paladins. Death Knights however can just give a hearty 'fuck you' to that if they're unholy with their green ball of anti-magic and such.

Also, using Camo in BGs is rediculously fun. Watching people run up to a flag and trying to cap it not realizing I'm there is stupidly funny shit. The surprise factor really adds a lot to playing Hunter in PvP.

PvPing as frost DW (I'm a unique snowflake) and enjoying my 20k oblit crits. Dark Simulacrum is awesome - 'specially when fighting mages and getting lucky enough to copy a blink off of them. Sometimes I can "force" that by tossing it up right as I DG them.

I'm still in mostly quest/instance gear for now, but the hard hits more than make up for the squishyness. Hopefully this week, I'll be able to start investing my conquest points.

...I have noticed that all the pvp offhand weapons this time around are fists and daggers - meaning DW DK's are getting shit on in the pvp weapon cost department. Ah well, I can live with it, even if I don't like it.

There's some one-handed swords and axes in there! You're not screwed!

I've been loving Rogue though. I bought 3000 gold worth of the Crafted PvP gear to get me going, and I've not been doing TOO badly. Rogue is just plain old fun, even when you lose. Because unlike Shaman there's no frustration of "there's nothing I could do differently". When you fuck up with Rogue you can tell what you could have done differently, keep it in mind, and improve.

Plus, being able to live ridiculously long and escape is SO much better than dying in the first 30 seconds of a fight.

My new saying is "Rogues don't have anything to complain about but the stupidity of others".

Heh, give it time, son. Rogue PvP has quite a bit of bells and whistles, but you'll eventually find "that point" where all the bells and whistles in the world can't save you when you are hitting something for 200 and it's hitting you for 2000. Though, the little PvP I've run into on Abric during my mining expeditions have shown some improvements; but then it's the same style I saw with the previous expansions. Then again, we didn't have recuperate and I didn't have 16% damage reduction WHILE recuperate was going on. Bwhahahahaha!