Hifazat

Making Garrosh more likable - Interesting story on Wow Website

Very, very cool. I always thought of Garrosh more of an Orc of action seeking to do what was best for his people, and that war was only an extension of that.

It's nice to see it made canon.

Read it, great read. I've liked Garrosh since I saw the video of the finale of Stonetalon Mountains.

Also now I understand why Thrall is letting Gallywix stay as the leader of the Bilgewater Cartel.....

Anyone wanna take bets on how many patches before Garrosh Demands Gallywixes head?

Edited by Phelix

Read it, great read. I've liked Garrosh since I saw the video of the finale of Stonetalon Mountains.

Totally agree with you there. I though Garrosh was silly until that part... The guild chat was actually bashing him, so it was kind of ironic for my view of him to change at that moment.

Garrosh for life.

Hes still an insane warmonger in my eyes, despite Blizzards desperate attempt to rescue him, this story only convinced me that he is incredibly misinformed and stupid. He has no justification for his feelings and his thoughts and conclusions do not form a logical pattern at all. Thrall was the same only he was more of a lame duck I suppose. Varian isn't much better than Garrosh, but at least I can see why he feels the way he does.

Hes still an insane warmonger in my eyes, despite Blizzards desperate attempt to rescue him, this story only convinced me that he is incredibly misinformed and stupid. He has no justification for his feelings and his thoughts and conclusions do not form a logical pattern at all. Thrall was the same only he was more of a lame duck I suppose. Varian isn't much better than Garrosh, but at least I can see why he feels the way he does.

Forget all of Burning Crusade at all?

Ya know, where Garrosh was raised without a father, with his homeland shattered, foreign invaders taking their lands, native enemies taking their lands, and constant prosecution for a war they didn't take part in.

Dunno, that sounds like abit of justification for his feelings to me.

I don't know how you can say that Thrall was a 'lame duck' as Warchief. It's not an elected position. You're in it till you die, or chose to step down.

Garrosh appears largely ignorant (blissfully or intentionally) of history and his own actions. First of all, murdering Krom Gar or whatever that general in stonetalon was didn't make me like him more. This all comes back to my more common point of redmeption among horde players as being very very twisted. So KromGar murders hundreds of druidic youth and children and then Garrosh Murders him, wait, how the hell does that make anything better?

His homeland was shattered by his own people, the lands the orcs live on currently are mostly attained through conquest. He remains utterly ignorant of anything the horde did in the first or second wars. To protect his people he a) Orders the invasion of an entire kingdom by the forsaken, the gilneans Ill point did everything possible to remove themselves from this conflict but he condones thier massacre anyways. He doesnt want them massacerd with plauge though so I guess you would give him a point. All of this because he wants a port in Northern Kingdoms to launch an invasion of the human lands. b) He invades Tol Barad a human settlement to get another jumping off point to invade stormwind. The list goes on and on, and he is either completely ignorant of the fact that orcs basically started this whole mess or doesn't care.

FInally I can totally and utterly gaurentee you that the orcs are over the whole camps slave thing.

I find it funny that deep down Garrosh wants the Alliance to leave the Orcs alone when the Orcs don't seem to want to leave the Night Elves alone. They've been violating elven sovereignty for just about a decade now and Garrosh thinks that his little invasion is about protecting his people?

Oh wait, that's right, if the Night Elves don't willingly surrender everything the Orcs want then they're evil xenophobes, and unless they want to be amoral, heartless, long-eared monsters they can't decide their own trade policy (however inconsistent with economic sanity it is) either.

Where's the WTO? At this rate, those evil Alliance people will start complaining that the Horde's beef is filled with steroids and slap a punitive tariff on it, as they pay gold to any Duskwood farmer who has a cow on their front lawn. (If you get the reference...)

Garrosh appears largely ignorant (blissfully or intentionally) of history and his own actions. First of all, murdering Krom Gar or whatever that general in stonetalon was didn't make me like him more. This all comes back to my more common point of redmeption among horde players as being very very twisted. So KromGar murders hundreds of druidic youth and children and then Garrosh Murders him, wait, how the hell does that make anything better?

Death Row is quicker in the Horde than it is in Texas. He would have been sent to death for such a war crime anyway, if for nothing else because the Warchief deemed it so.

His homeland was shattered by his own people, the lands the orcs live on currently are mostly attained through conquest. He remains utterly ignorant of anything the horde did in the first or second wars. To protect his people he a) Orders the invasion of an entire kingdom by the forsaken, the gilneans Ill point did everything possible to remove themselves from this conflict but he condones thier massacre anyways. He doesnt want them massacerd with plauge though so I guess you would give him a point. All of this because he wants a port in Northern Kingdoms to launch an invasion of the human lands. b) He invades Tol Barad a human settlement to get another jumping off point to invade stormwind. The list goes on and on, and he is either completely ignorant of the fact that orcs basically started this whole mess or doesn't care.

Tol Barad was a very quick and early conquest by DoomHammer in the 2nd War. Stromgarde, which originally held sovereignity over it, was massacred in the loss to the Blackrocks. Oddly enough, Stromgarde was using the island as a staging point to attack Stormwind, which was under the control of the Stormreaver Clan. Funny how history repeats itself.

Kul Tiras owns the island now; Made a big magic prison on it I hear. Kul Tiras, of course, is still in open war, and extremely hostile to the Horde for their attack on Orgrimmar a few years back. Being Kul Tirisians, they should be expecting a counter-attack for their failed assassination of Go'el as well as their mounted siege of Orgrimmar with a very discrete agenda of genocide. By accepting the alliance with Kul Tiras, they condone the actions of the Admiral.

FInally I can totally and utterly gaurentee you that the orcs are over the whole camps slave thing.

Because most of that generation is dead or dying. The generation now is the one that was *born* in the camps, and have a lot of angst to get rid of concerning their former captors.

Clearly you've never heard of the death penalty. I dunno what they do to people who murder hundreds of youth and children up in Canadia, but down here in America, well, we kill 'em.

Clearly you've never heard of the death penalty. I dunno what they do to people who murder hundreds of youth and children up in Canadia, but down here in America, well, we kill 'em.

Some of the Alliance would bitch about it if Garrosh let him live and locked him away for all eternity, too. You can't win an argument with people like that.

Some of the Alliance would bitch about it if Garrosh let him live and locked him away for all eternity, too. You can't win an argument with people like that.

It would essentially be a death penalty... just a much more expensive and dragged out death penalty. That aside I'm glad to see that Garrosh took some corrective action, but if I were to perform a controls audit, I would still say that Thal'darah happened due to an easily misinterpreted internal environment (the "tone at the top"). Why is it easily misinterpreted? Well, say that Garrosh were to be completely successful in his war against the Night Elves. He's on the track to take everything and no one can stop him. Now what is his endgame? Is he going to suffer having his former enemies live in what he considers Horde territory? Even if he does, what sort of life would they endure under the Horde's rule? I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I can see where an orcish commander might think it silly to show restraint.

Kul Tiras owns the island now; Made a big magic prison on it I hear. Kul Tiras, of course, is still in open war, and extremely hostile to the Horde for their attack on Orgrimmar a few years back. Being Kul Tirisians, they should be expecting a counter-attack for their failed assassination of Go'el as well as their mounted siege of Orgrimmar with a very discrete agenda of genocide. By accepting the alliance with Kul Tiras, they condone the actions of the Admiral.

You know, Alliance posters on the story forum said the exact same thing about the Dragonmaw clan. Regardless, earlier in your post you mentioned that the island would be used to launch attacks against Stormwind. That's reason enough for Stormwind to show interest in the island. The same logic was used to send Alliance soldiers to Vash'ir, which, while as a zone it is enormous, as an island, it's the puniest, most pathetic little island ever. A mountain of volcanic rock is sparsely interrupted by sandy beaches no more than fifteen yards wide. When I saw it, it just made me angry: this is a pathetic, worthless little island that really shouldn't be worth anyone's time. It's a joke.

Yet, supposedly there was bitter fighting going on there.

You should have seen how hard America fought for Iwo Jima.

Having a stepping stone right outside Storwmind's doorstep is pretty important, no matter how small or worthless the island.

The Horde used the Island as a staging point to Hillsbrad, why wouldn't the Alliance do the same with Southshore's destruction?

It's easily the most important piece of land in all the Eastern Kingdoms per Naval advantage.

I think we're disagreeing to agree, so let me put down my interpretation of what we're saying.

The Alliance and the Horde are willing to fight over islands such as Tol Borad and Vash'ir no matter the cost because of their strategic value. If this means fighting on a puny, craggy, otherwise worthless piece of land called Vash'ir, so be it. If this means that the Alliance has to fight alongside Kul Tirasians again, so be it.

Why do we have to like him? How is he more likeable?

Why do these nonsensical generalizations need to be made?!

I LIKED him before, I like him less now, because he isnt as badass. Its world of WARCRAFT not world of HugCraft.

His name is Hellscream, i dont want him to hold my god damn baby, or kiss it, I want him to punch it in the face with his head. and he was doing that before, he better continue.

Thrall I liked too, for different reasons, I like Varian as well, I dont like Jaina the Orc Slore, because she is exactly that, and killed her father. DONT TRY TO CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE, SHE SUCKS!

Not everyone has to be some sort of wise, gentle, all knowing, everyone loves me leader. He was fine, stop retconning shit.

Lothar was murdered in an Ambush, keep it that way. in fact, it is that way, Horde propoganda says otherwise, but who believes what the Heathens write anyways, Amirite? Of course I am. In fact, this entire story of a more "Likeable" Garrosh was just invented by some sort of Goblin press corps agent in order to try and subvert people in Stormwind to stop hating him so much! I WILL HAVE NONE OF IT! SLANDEROUS FILTH!

The story introduced a side of racism between Draenor Orcs and Azerothien Orcs that has previously not been written about; the interactions between the racial divide was brought to light and is worth noting.

The story introduced a side of racism between Draenor Orcs and Azerothien Orcs that has previously not been written about; the interactions between the racial divide was brought to light and is worth noting.

Easily the most interesting part of the story, yeah. Makes you wonder how the average Orc feels about the Dragonmaw. It seems from the starting quests in Twilight Highlands that they may well be ashamed of them.

Really? Interesting. I'll have to play through the new content on my Hordie. If they really are ashamed of them, then that's pretty significant to note about the Azeroth Orcs.

Really? Interesting. I'll have to play through the new content on my Hordie. If they really are ashamed of them, then that's pretty significant to note about the Azeroth Orcs.

Not the new Cataclysm content. The content of the story linked in this thread.

Because most of that generation is dead or dying. The generation now is the one that was *born* in the camps, and have a lot of angst to get rid of concerning their former captors.

Funny thing that, see we Stormwindians and Gilneans never had any hand in that whole ordeal. It was the Forsaken, I mean Lorderani, I mean Forsaken... uh-oh. I wonder when your orcs will collectivly realize that the people who enslaved you are in your army. Some of the camps were south of Lorderan but many were in the heartland itself. Regardless the forsaken are now digging up Arathi and Stormgaurd peoples.

Also in response to the Canadian thing, we lock them up because killing is wrong, also death is a release, also you might have the wrong guy.