Emyi

New Website Woes

So, I figure some of us will come across a few things with the new layout.

I have two things that jump out at me.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8689/88711681.jpg

In blogs, the bar for each reply seems FAR too long.

The other thing is, links....it is HARD as heck to find them right now in if someone uses the code because it is the same color as the text with no underline or anything.

I wasn't able to fix the huge tab over completely, but it shouldn't be quite so horrible looking now. There's something weird with how the blog pages are built that eludes my ability to fix that problem, and the problem with the block titles not padding correctly (right now they start in the middle of the rose (worgen)/cog (goblin) image and I've literally spent DAYS tryng various things to get them to move over.

ps. I <3 tophats.

Could we change the "remember me?" function from opt out to opt in?

It is set to "opt in" for both the goblin and worgen themes, at least that's the way it is on all of the browser's I've tested it on. Unless you've figured out a way to use a theme other than worgen or goblin, the remember me button should be checked unless you specifically uncheck it.

This isn't a problem (that I've noticed) on the TNG forums themselves, but it seems to get me in the blog section where the text is a shade of green -- the default color for body text is identical (or near identical) to the color for hyperlinks.

Also, if this isn't a problem for anyone else and is just on my end (browser or something?), disregard!

What Syl said.

I checked the goblin, links are green.

Worgen theme, it is white just like all other text. Not sure which color would work, but it is slightly annoying.

I got another one, though it is a suggestion!

The top hat icons need to go. :x

Use the Gilneas icon! It looks so much better. :x

I'm seconding this. It took me two days to even realize they were tophats. Two days. And they're still not appealing.

Link problems and goblin button colors should be fixed. Do people not like the idea of tophats, or they just don't like the specific ones I made?

Still need to blue->green a bunch of things for the goblin theme.

Still need to make icons for goblins.

I changed the background color on the shoutbox again, and I also figured out where to set the font-size, so hopefully Grainia can read it now.

Edited by Mortica

I had to change the color of the shoutbox again because it was still nearly impossible to read for people using the goblin theme. It's much easier to read now except when people have changed their font color to something neon.

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I noticed the Funny Screenshots thread is now closed. Is that a bug/mistake?

Yeah, I noticed it too. Kinda annoying if it's intentional.

Since nobody's mentioned anything about it in the admin section, I'm going to assume it was an accident and unlock it.

If I find out after the fact that it was intentional, it may be re-locked, but I'll make sure to let you guys know why.