Sign in to follow this  
Alphaeus

Warriors and Warlocks at 60.

Halp.

So. I gifted a friend with a second account for xmas during the sale, and our second accounts are RaF'd together.

Which is awesome.

Except now I only know how to play a warlock at like, level 33, and he just got gifted levels to 60.

And I have a warrior who I've only played to level 10, then he got carried to 60 through instances.

How r 2 lock and war?

Halp.

Warrior ~

Prot: Spam revenge.

Fury: Spam whirlwind.

Arms: Spam slam.

Warlock~

Afflic: Spam DoTs.

Demo: Summon stuff, run, fear, repeat.

Destro: Spam immolate.

Er.

Spec of war?

And lock too. >.>

I don't know what to level either of them as, or how to play any of them.

I'd like to dualspec the warrior into prot once I get enough gear for it, but other than that, I'm clueless. (I have three lvl80 prot pallies, so I am particularly comfortable tanking).

For leveling, I loved fury for my warrior. People say arms, but fury was great.

As for lock, I bounced between destro and demon when I was leveling.

I WISH I could give you more input on these aspects at that level, but I can't. Things have changed so much that I have NO clue what they have and do not have anymore at 60.

Warlock would be simple though, for demonology. Just felguard tank/soul link/dot it up and spam shadowbolt.

Warrior as fury, it is pretty simple. Blood thirst/whirlwind/slam procs with a dose of raging blow and heroic strike.

Actually, it's best to level as prot for warrior. I KNOW I KNOW, you're saying 'but I don't do much damage as prot!"

But between instant dungeon queues and having a second person with you leveling that can kill shit while you gather it up... prot's the best.

For warrior I went fury from 1-70 then arms for the last 10 levels, arms just felt easier, but as you can tell from the 3 different opinions, the best way would be to try all three and see what works best for you =)

Warrior - I bounced between Fury and Prot and then did Prot all the way to 80 with Wrath. Any of them work well - Prot is a lot of fun though, because you just go grab a bunch of mobs and watch them die. Fury is good because of the healing from bloodthirst, but I have no clue what it is like these days and there seems to be some awesome self-healing for prot as well. I would go prot. Grab a bunch of mobs and T-Clap/Shockwave/revenge your way to victory.

Warlock - Affliction is what I did all the way from 1-80, now that UA comes for free I imagine it is even better. Siphon Life + Tab-dotting a bunch of stuff = dead things, you at nearly full health. Life Tap for mana, healthstone, do it all over again. I tried both Demo and Destro (for about 2 levels for each spec) on my way to 80, but neither were nearly as fast as affliction. It almost feels like cheating.

fury-prot-arms you never die killing mobs anymore as long as you get one down fast enough to activate a victory rush. You can get an endless chain of kills going.

I cant give you anything as a warrior, but as a warlock I do remember leveling from 50-80 as destro :3

.. Unfortunately that was way before all this newfangled "Hand of Gul'dan" stuff so... uh... If you decide to go afflic call me!