Sign in to follow this  
Nikaa

Nikaa

Name Nikaa Davies

Age Late teens/early 20's

Race/Class Human rogue

Resides Nika is nomadic and rarely resides in a home. Her location changes fairly often, but she typically makes her homes within temporary campsites in the woods near wherever she happens to be spending most of her time. Currently, she moves between Orgimmar, Shattrath and sometimes Stormwind.

Relatives Both parents are living, but Nikaa has a tendency of burning her bridges, and has been estranged from her family for many years.

Birthday April 19th

Religion/Philosophy Nika is not religious and has no interest in church or worship. As far as her personal beliefs, she feels that people should be judged by their actions, not by their affiliations.

Occupation A bit of a mercenary, her strengths are infiltration, espionage and reconnaissance. She has been referred to as a Spymaster and a master manipulator.

Guild/Group None

Likes Knowledge. An avid eavesdropper, Nika often will tuck herself away into the shadows and listen in. Even when not under contract, she still enjoys this practice, to keep her skills sharp. Often times, it's not so much about spying as it is about going undetected and not getting caught. She has also developed a passion for her Engineering and spends most of her free time searching for new schematics or gathering materials to build various gadgets.

Dislikes Absolutely hates being called "Miss Davies", which everyone seems to do. She also dislikes having to answer to anyone or follow any laws or rules, which is why is usually guildless.

Weapons of choice Nika is not much of a fighter, and direct combat is something she prefers to avoid. Small, concealable weapons or tools are her choice. She doesn't mind using what's readily available. Sometimes, a sharpened awl or even a handful of sand is preferable to a bulky mace. In many combat situations, her intent is simply to maim or escape before killing a person. She is always quick with her sap.

Enemies Abric, Qarosimae

Positive Traits Nika can be extremely loyal to a group, once she joins them. The respect of her guild and people she admires means the world to her, and she constantly strives to better herself to win their approval.

Negative Traits Short fuse. Nika has a very quick and explosive temper that often causes her to lash out verbally, if not physically. She can be very territorial and sometimes struggles with accepting people she doesn't know very well. She is often overly serious, moody and anxious. Can sometimes be easily influenced and swayed to the opposing side.

Recently, she has been struggling with inner conflict. It is possible that the extended use of the potions she had been using to appear as a goblin in order to infiltrate The Grim may have caused some long term negative side effects. As a result, she found herself caught somewhere between her loyalty to The Grim and her loyalty to her friends in the Alliance. In the end, her indecision cost her and many other people a great deal.

Quirks Nika has a deep rooted distrust of magic, that borders on phobia. She does understand its necessity, especially when in combat along side her guild. But if subjected to it for too long, she can grow increasingly uncomfortable or in extreme cases, even panicked.

Special Abilities Fluent in sign language. Previously, Nika belonged to a nomadic guild. One of the members, Beija, was deaf. Because of this, most of the guild knew sign language which Nika gradually picked up. While this ability rarely comes into play, in the past it has been very useful for silent communication during reconnaissance missions.

Description Nika is rarely seen, usually keeping within the shadows. She stands at about 5'7" with a slender/athletic build. She has shoulder length, chestnut brown hair with a single streak of blonde down the right side. Her hair is often tangled, wind blown and in disarray. It drapes over one side of her face, partially covering her dark brown eyes. Her features are soft and she looks young, somewhere between eighteen to twenty. Her nose is pierced with a tiny silver hoop on the right side. When she speaks, her voice is low and quiet, unless she's angry. She's quite vocal then, and curses up a blue streak. She's very expressive in her mannerisms, with many little quirks and habits that betray her mood. When she's deep in thought, she'll absently rattle the stud of her tongue piercing against her teeth. Her eyes seem to darken when she's upset or afraid. If she's feeling shy, she'll duck her head, hiding a smile behind the fall of her hair.

Several tattoos adorn Nika's body; On the back of her right hand is a small black dragon, wings outstretched in flight. A vine with thorns circles her navel. A delicate looking butterfly resides on her left shoulder blade. And on the calf of her left leg, a phoenix sits perched on a a thin branch, its head tucked beneath a wing in sleep.

On the back of her right hand is a deep scar of a cog, from when Venedict Abner branded her with the Defias symbol in Revenge From The Grave. (http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?21089-Revenge-from-the-Grave-%28%28Closed%29%29)

She always keeps this brand covered by the pair of fingerless gloves that she wears at all times.

Recent History- The Grim

After Spymaster Crutch infiltrated the Alliance and used a Neo-Defias group as a cover in order to secure the schematics for the Doom Of Stormwind for The Grim, Nika resolved to do everything in her power to find the location of the device that was being built.

She first commissioned a Goblin to provide her with a supply of potions that would allow her to appear as a goblin by the name of Sizzlespark, and set out to infiltrate the horde and search for the location of the device that was being built by The Grim. The Doom Of Stormwind was a weapon of mass destruction that the guild was planning on using to level the Alliance city to the ground.

Working against a language barrier, Nika spent several weeks closely watching Orgimmar and studying Orcish. When she knew enough to barely get by, she applied to The Grim herself and was accepted. For the next couple of months, Nika continued to work on her Orcish and gain the trust and friendship of most members of The Grim as well as the horde as a whole. The earlier weeks that she spent in The Grim were very valuable and she was able to secure a significant amount of intel regarding the location of the Superweapon and the progress of it's completion. Her main contact during this time was Janaelle Angelline, who she provided regular updates to.

But as time stretched on, a snag began to emerge in her plans. Perhaps it was an ill side effect of using the illusion potions for longer than was intended.. or perhaps it was simply from spending so much time among The Grim. Maybe it was simply a combination of both- but slowly, her updates to Janaelle became less and less frequent. And gradually her loyalties began to shift from the Alliance, to the guild she had been intending to infiltrate. In particular, she had grown especially fond of Leyu'jin Zeysoga and Ashenfury- the orc who had been assigned as Sizzlespark's Inquisitor.

It was only when she was unexpectedly detained by Hokuto while spying in Orgimmar without being under the illusion of the goblin that the truth came out. By this time her loyalty to The Grim had won out over her ties to the Alliance, and she no longer wanted to continue to deceive them. While she was in the custody of Leyu'jin and the others, she confessed to what she had done. After the initial shock, it was agreed that she would remain as a prisoner of the guild until she would meet with the Council of Inquisitors for Judgement.

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?21664-Sizzlespark

When the time for her trial finally came, Nika was allowed to remain a part of The Grim- though she would be under extremely close scrutiny. She was turned Forsaken by Inzema and remained under Ashenfury as his Supplicant. The decision to allow Nika not only to live- but to remain a part of The Grim ultimately led to a rift in the guild. Tensions built between her closer friends who rallied behind her and the old bloods, some of which were quite vocal in preferring to have her skinned and killed.

The situation came to a head when Ashenfury presented her with her next Task- one that would test her loyalty to the Mandate once and for all. But despite how sincerely she felt about her own loyalty to the group- the Task presented to her was one that she simply could not accept. As a result, she was stripped of her tabard by Ashenfury and exiled from the guild.

Her continued friendship with Jul'kah, Bryii, Inzema and Nyali caused their own loyalties to be thrown into question by the Council. Adding to the conflict were the repeated articles in The Violet Eye that brought much of the inner fighting within the guild to the public eye. When Nika caught wind of a rumor that Jul'kah and Bryii were being forced to hunt her, she decided to put an end to the problem once and for all, by turning herself over to Leyu'jin to be brought before Abric, Enforcer of The Grim.

Nika's life in the past weeks had pitched into a downward spiral of inner conflict and one mistake and bad decision after another. Despite her exile, she still felt a strong loyalty to the guild as well as to her friends, and decided to give her life to preserve the safety of her friends, as well as to mend the break she had caused within The Grim.

It was late one night that she was once again brought before the Council, this time with Abric present. She fully expected to be executed that night. What she was not expecting was for Jul'kah, Bryii and Nyali to be present and put before the Council themselves. As a punishment for all involved, Nika was tortured by the entire group, her friends included. She was then released with orders to return a few nights later with Ugraz Bloodmaw, who had caused a considerable amount of trouble for The Grim. If she did not show up for the meeting, Abric warned, the fate of everyone she cared about would be far worse than what she had suffered, that night.

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?21823-A-Bitter-Pill-To-Swallow-%28Semi-Open%29

After Nika was released, she took some time to recover for a few hours before gathering what little belongings she had. Most were sold off. She took enough time to write a letter of warning to each Ugraz, Jul'kah, Nyali, Bryii and Inzema.. The humiliation and degradation Abric put her through also stripped away her need to redeem herself further to them. She was no longer willing to give up her life- her debt had been paid. Beyond that, she could not help them anymore. The rest was up to them.

With that done, and with little more than the clothing on her back, she picked a direction and started walking- fleeing this part of the world, entirely.

Months later saw Nika's return. Her inner conflict only grew, leading her to make a series of terrible mistake.. her most shameful being an attack on Theramore, which resulted in the deaths of many soldiers and citizens. In an attempt for self-redemption, she turned herself over to the Seventy Third and spent some time in a maximum security prison. She was eventually released on parole with the stipulation that she remain in Stormwind and cut all ties with the Horde.

Although her intentions were pure and she does have a desire to redeem herself for past mistakes.. the call of freedom was too great to ignore, and she found herself missing many of her old friends among the horde. With the help from a good friend, she was able to slip away from Stormwind and now drifts between the cities again.

Notes Nika is the longest running character I've ever played, whose history spans over several different games and campaigns. She was created for a LARP game ages ago, and since then I've been able to cross her over to many different games over the years, continuing her story arc and providing a deep and rich history. This concludes her time in WoW, at least for the foreseeable future.

5569655109_773f7af071.jpg

"She's an honorable person, damn good spy. It's not easy to tell what she's thinking and she can have her blades on you before you blink. Good to have her on our side," Ackley smiled, he admired her loyalty and skill quite a bit. The goblin stared at Ackley who was looking dreamily into the distance..

"I've got to stop talking to this kid," the goblin grumbled.

Urivial frowns in thought at the name, "Ah yes, that rogue out by Lakeshire the other evening. Yes she did help us take care of those Horde quite quickly! Good in a fight I suppose!"

Vlynor smirks at the name. "Nikaa, aye? That girl thinks she's better than me!" He chuckles and eyes the goblin. "I proved her wrong though...she's still got a lot to learn." He waves the goblin off, still smiling.

The Goblin reporter was used to people being hostile to him, but Micael Goerin was another story. As the Goblin entered the bar, where Micael had set up his papers under the table, he figured it would wrap up his story. The possibility of Goerin telling him about Southshore was mouth watering. The minute he showed Nika's picture though, he regretted it. Goerin took the picture and carefully placed it in his paperwork before speaking, his voice cold: "Nika is a good friend. She is damn loyal, honest and caring. I advise you go away now. I don't think she wants people snooping into her personal life.." With that, Micael lifted the Goblin, turned him one hundred eighty degrees, and pushed. He kept the picture.

Oh the magic hater... *Tosses the paper aside.* Nothing like my history, let me tell you.... *The goblin stares unimpressed at Arthur*

Yes well. she well have will have to overcome her fear eventually... *Arthur stares at his own palm which begins to crackle with natural magic.* Lest her little phobia be the death of her.

"Nika?" Evellin considered the name for a moment, staring off at a building in the distance. "Aye, I know her. We've had our differences in the past and... well... she's incredibly misguided on her judgment of people most of the time I've seen her, to be perfectly honest with you. She's easily dazzled by the so called "good" of people who like to put on a show of righteousness. Law enforcement, paladins... you know the type. You'd think someone who snoops in the shadows would know better but eh... she's likable enough.”

The Death Knight crossed her arms. “If naïve, manipulative, destructive, stubborn, dense and unrealistic little damsels in distress are your type, that is." With a grunt, Eve turned and walked away, evidently still bearing something of a...grudge.

“Nika?” Chandrath’s eyes moved around the tavern as he collected his thoughts. “Yeah, I know her. The crew and I have had our differences with her in the past, but I believe she called a truce with us.” He mumbles something about Nika blowing up the Corsair’s ship before continuing.

“Anyways, we have been talking much more as of late, and I have come to see her as a good friend and a person that I can actually trust. There aren’t many of those people in this fel-forsaken city.” With that, Chandrath nodded to the goblin as he left the tavern for reasons unknown.

"Nikaa, I know her somewhat. Never actually have gone into detail with her about herself. She may actually know more about me than I do about her." The goblin frowns at these words, wanting more information. "Well come to think of it, she has told me a few things I guess I could share." The goblin smiles wickedly and Fennore continues, "She is a rogue, obviously. She enjoys baking chicken pot pies. Her favorite color is clear, because it's invisible, you know how we rogues are. Her favorite past time in knitting paw warmers for Worgen." Fennore leans in closely, "And her deepest, darkest secret that she would never want anyone to know about is that she cries when she sees butterflies, did you get that? Butterflies." The goblin nods thinking that he has sold gold information.

"She's a good frien'. She's always treated m' well, an' oy am highly appreciative, an' honored, o' her friendship. Oy'd be happy te take a bullet fer her anyday...oy jes..." Captain Branngas looks into his drink for a moment before looking back at the reporter. "Oy pray tha' she truly isn' in th' Defias, like evry'one says. Oy dun like arrestin' good friends, or fightin' good friends if it kin be avoided...'tis all people do these days, innit? Figh' each other."

Urivial frowns and sighs, "She's rather timid around magic, and still is if her reaction to Ranavos is any indication. I suppose the net I used din't really help with that fear... though it's come in hand so many times now."

Urivial shrugs, "she merits watching, that one does. And not only because I feel a need to make up for what I did to her."

Matin smiled at the mention of his friend. "She seems kind enough. Sometimes I get a feeling she doesn't like me- don't know. Haven't really talked to each other much. We're both in a..Bok Club. She performs very well in the club."

The goblin raised an eyebrow. "How do you perform well in a Book Club...?"

Matin let a hidden dagger fall from his sleeve into his hand noticeably. He winked at the goblin, smiling. "Now then, that's not the kind of question people ask unless they're carcasses."

The goblin ran.

A shadow slipped into the Goblin's room through the chimney chute, landing with a thud, the Gnome's fall cast a plume of ash about the place. Coughing, the sleepy Goblin awoke to light a lantern by his bedside. The inquiring reporter lit the match, placed it into the lantern and swung it directly into...

...Mr. C's face.

The Goblin shrieked as the fire danced in the Gnome’s eyes, his face shrouded by an old red bandana that curiously appeared to have been modified.

"Good-," The Gnome began looking down at his chro-nometer, "-morning! I trust you slept well."

The Goblin nodded He noticed the Gnome had no weapons drawn on him. "You were a bit noisy for an assassin," he managed to reply.

The Gnome winked. "Who said I was an assassin? Besides, I find it rude not to make SOME disturbance to let the resident's know you're coming. I just wanted to give you the interview of the CENTURY!," he said rising and hopping off the bed. The Goblin muttered something about not being paid enough, and why the Gnome couldn't have used the door before grabbing a notepad and ink feather.

"Go on," he said with an mixture of irritation and grogginess.

"Nikaa... she’s a splendid woman. She helped me launch a little enterprise into a thriving, well oiled machine. She gets into trouble a lot, but that’s only because she is unpolished, and her training is rudimentary. She keeps her schematics close to her sleeve, and she doesn't wear here heart on her chest," Mr. C. said causing the Goblin to stop scribbling to arch an eyebrow in his direction.

The Gnome's brow frowned. "Or is it that she keeps her schematics close to her chest, and she doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve?" Mr. C. shrugged. "It's inconsequential. Regardless, she is one of my trusted associates… and if you are writing a piece on her to publicly distribute, I will be back... and next time," the Gnome's eyes narrowed, "I won't try so hard to make a noisy entrance."

The Goblin gulped, and the cold eyes of the gnome before him lightened up immediately. It was rather creepy how easily the small masked criminal could alter moods. The Gnome laughed.

“Tinker Well Mr. Reporter! I intend on having more of these early morning discussions with you if you decide to collect pieces on my other associates!”

The Goblin turned to set the lantern down. When he looked back, he saw the Gnome was gone, leaving a messy soot trail of footprints out his window.

The Goblin snuffed the lantern out and groaned as he plopped back on his pillow and pulled the covers over his face.

He definitely wasn’t getting paid enough for this.

"Nikaa!! Tha's a Nikaa!! She's like, sneaky and all tha'! She issa Renny's fwend, and we talks 'bout stuff all teh times! Although, Miccy is always tacklin' 'er and stuffs. Are they goin' out or sumethin'? Kinda like Nalty and Mr. Tall Eel? Maybeh. Renny dunno." Rennesta pauses for a moment, and then says, "Renny's huntin' teh Nikaa right nows though! Porty said tha' Renny wuld get a prize if Renny cut off Nikaa's hair, and Renny wants teh prize! But... Nikaa dun wanna let Renny win..." Rennesta looks sad for a moment, and then cheerfully says, "But, Renny gotta plan this time!" She taps her temple. "She gunna win teh game this time! She will!!" Rennesta smiles widely, possibly making one wonder what is going on inside the Draenei's head.

Janaelle leans back in her chair, watching the goblin evenly, "I have nothing to tell you about Nikaa Davies."

He blinked in surprise, staring at the paladin with confusion, "You don't? You always tell me something..."

"I will not have patience with you this time if you push me with this. Ask about someone else, or leave."

Turning on his heel, the goblin shot a glare at the paladin as he stormed out of the tavern.

"Nika...Nika...Bout...thisss tall" Inzema holds his hand about yea high. "Thisss wide," Inzema holds his hands out parallel to each other. "Perky titsss, kinda young, good with a knife, great asss. That her?" The goblin nods. Inzema grins, showing off his shark-like smile. "Never heard of her!" The goblin slaps his own face, having completely expected that, then mutters something about the insane undead before finding someone better to interview.

Inzema settled down atop the cliffs over the Wyvern's tail, watching the patrols of wind riders quietly. When he was sure that nobody was around he adjusted his goggles and gave a sub-vocalized command into the microphone on his neck. Images stored in Ikai's memory banks of Nika Davies over the time he had known her played across his goggles. Inzema smiled throughout most of it. Nika had been fun. She was still alive, but gone beyond reach. Not a completely successful experiment, but good times anyways. He killed the slideshow, stood, and dropped down off the cliff into Orgrimmar, triggering his parachute at the last possible second to prevent terminal velocity from making him a splat on the ground, strolling off to find a new experiment.

Evellin leaned against the wall, frowning thoughtfully.

"So she's fled... good for her." It had been an interesting relationship with that one. From enemies, fighting and torture to becoming a friend and ally... that wasn't something you saw every day. They'd had some rough times. Some nice ones, too. And an understanding, in the end. A wistful smile tugged at the captain's lips.

"May the wind fill your sails, friend, wherever you are."

Phaedron clumsily spilled a half pint of dark iron ale down his chest, but continued to gawk at the goblin, dumbfounded.

The goblin stared at the elf, waiting for his reply.

"That girl," Phaedron began to stammer.

"Yes?" The goblin attempted to coax him into more of a response.

"She's trouble..." Phaedron said, staring into the mug.

Before the goblin could press further, the elf was already hurrying out the door of the inn.