Thalarios

New Cities and Structures: How will you react?

A question popped into my head earlier today, which was "How will our characters take in all the new crap?"

Which probably merits more explanation, as my mind works in very simple ways.

How exactly are you going to react to the huge changes that affect Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and most every other zone? Treat them as they were being built all along? Deny any change happened, and that those areas have been like that for a while now? Or be amazed at the sudden repair of the Sentinel Hill Inn roof, and the magical walls that popped up in the blink of an eye?

Personally, I'm all about a progressive building process, but how about you TNG?

Honestly Stormwind doesn't have nearly as much changed, We understand why the park is gone and I think there always shoulda been a GY behind the Cathedral. ORGRIMMAR on the other hand... lul. I mean Orgrimmar... just... you gotta see it for yourselves.

Orgrimmar should be obvious that it's being worked on, having been on fire for much of the elemental attacks.

This is a tie-in to The Shattering, though, in which much of Orgrimmar is destroyed in the fires. It's Garrosh's first real command as acting Warchief that it be rebuilt to withstand fires again, and much of it being rebuilt as iron.

My character hasn't ICly been in Orgrimmar for months, so really it will just be,

"Oh, well. THIS is new, isn't it?"

I'm a fan of it being built over time -- maybe it could have even been a rushed labor, so it was created much more quickly than usual. On the backs of peons and all that.

I imagine that once Garrosh was put in power and Orgrimmar started burning, that he'd ordered for it to be upgraded between and during the Elemental attacks. Orcs don't screw around and can rebuild Orgrimmar in a week.

Garrosh was put in power and Orgrimmar the world started burning. [/Quote]

With some simple editing, suddenly everything makes perfect sense.

Fixed

Raynell just woke up to a giant chasm through the Barrens, and got incredibly pissed at the orcs who hassled her through Orgrimmar trying to gain audience with Garrosh. Needless to say, she's probably not digging the Orcs' new digs, though she's found solace in their new bar...

I had the same question when I saw Stormwind was almost completely unrecognizable in certain areas, and the whole city looks like it got a massive facelife. (Thanks for upgrading the city, Deathwing.. I guess.)

A few of us on guild agreed that Stormwind has basically looked like that for years. (Otherwise, Blizzard would have had to update the graphics on nearly a weekly basis to keep things current.) To our characters, the layout and building structures are unchanged, just us as the players see a difference. The destruction itself happened within the last day or two.

I went to Stormwind to check it out, and there's a lot of RP potential out there (and lol giant graveyard). But the change to Orgrimmar is hugely impressive. It feels like a fortress city, and the upper area is amazing.

But you know what beats Orgrimmar?

Bilgewater Harbor.

So frickin cool! I am setting my hearth there on Chikt, for certain.

The graveyard seems very appropriate for SW, I love it. The bricks, the new grass, the buildings. The Keep is absolutely amazing.

SW finally feels like it's actually complete.

The graveyard seems very appropriate for SW, I love it. The bricks, the new grass, the buildings. The Keep is absolutely amazing.

SW finally feels like it's actually complete.

It's missing one thing.

Updated Taverns.

I heard there was a new inn in Dwarven district and got all excited.. Only to find out it's just a copypasta of the same interior as the rest of them. :<

MEMO

TO: The TNG

DATE: November 24, 2010

SUBJECT: Re: New Structures.

I have heard that there is supposed to be a two year "leap" from the end of Wrath of the Lich King to Deathwing's attack yesterday, so a lot of those structures were built during that time.

As for the Howling Oak... well you see, that is the reason why Night Elves have a comparitive advantage in lumber harvesting and building construction.... they just got the wrong idea about trade policy, as did the Horde.

-Aleria Fadeleaf

I went to Stormwind to check it out, and there's a lot of RP potential out there (and lol giant graveyard). But the change to Orgrimmar is hugely impressive. It feels like a fortress city, and the upper area is amazing.

But you know what beats Orgrimmar?

Bilgewater Harbor.

So frickin cool! I am setting my hearth there on Chikt, for certain.

I know! Bilgewater is awesome! "SAMOPHLANGE! *Runs around holding said object in the air*"

I can't wait to set my hearth for my worgen to...

...oh.

okay%20guy.jpg

MEMO

TO: The TNG

DATE: November 24, 2010

SUBJECT: Re: New Structures.

I have heard that there is supposed to be a two year "leap" from the end of Wrath of the Lich King to Deathwing's attack yesterday, so a lot of those structures were built during that time.

As for the Howling Oak... well you see, that is the reason why Night Elves have a comparitive advantage in lumber harvesting and building construction.... they just got the wrong idea about trade policy, as did the Horde.

-Aleria Fadeleaf

All hearsay.

Until there is a source, it has been a few weeks to a month, according to Metzen and Blizzcon.

Neyea's seen very little of the world, I don't know where I'm having her wake up, probaby somewhere in Durotar, but she hasn't seen much outside Stonetalon (WHEN DEATHWING ATTACKED US!) and the Barrens

I was sad that SW was losing the park... until I saw Varian's backyard last night.

HOLY SHIT - WHO KNEW THE KING HAD A LAKE?

Stormwind is just awesome - haven't had a chance to check out org yet.

I wish they'd given massive overhauls like that to ALL the capitals.

Oh, side side note: I went out to the new gnome area and... I LOVE THE NEW MUSIC THERE.

It's so... gnomey... but without being annoying like the old gnome music.

I now want the cata soundtrack just for that.

It's also totally reinvigorated my interest in the gnome mage/engineer I never really got around to leveling and am going to restart now. Giggywig Fizzwidget, Artificer Extraordinaire!