Gorymoru

Why is the Patch so huge?

Maybe for you gifted people with teh awesome interbuttz it's fine...but a 700 mb patch would take me the better part of a week to get downloaded on my slow ass house internet.

It'd take about 2 days on my internet card from verizon...but unfortunately, it be lost currently.

My question is what's in this patch that's so large?

It's because you are downloading the Cataclysm version of Azeroth.

Not quite, you are downloading the about to be royally ass-kicked version of Azeroth. In preparation for the Shattering.

Not quite, you are downloading the about to be royally ass-kicked version of Azeroth. In preparation for the Shattering.

I'd wager that's the version of Azeroth that we're playing. The data is from the Cataclysm version of Azeroth, the "shattered" Azeroth, that will be released before December 7.

Much of the data being downloaded in patch 4.0.3 will pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth shortly before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm on December 7

I read that as saying is that the data is for the Shattered Azeroth.

I'd be very, VERY surprised if Azeroth gets a third version, the Pre-Shattered, royally ass-kicked version. It's Azeroth now, and Azeroth Shattered.

EDIT: MMO champion put up info about 4.0.3a. It's already tagged as 'release' and it is the patch that changes the world forever. It'll probably be released next week.

No fix on the parachute ground gliding? I secretly hope they don't.

It likely wouldn't be something that made the patch notes, since it's minor and not game-breaking.