Necroxis

No more 1-60 clown suits

One of the many nice things that Cataclysm is doing for the low-level quester is finally getting rid of the level 1 to 60 "clown suit." Every 10-level range has its own specific set of matching quest rewards, giving you a unique look every handful of zones. And they don't look half bad! In fact, some of the sets look pretty darn cool. Speaking from experience, leveling from 1 to 60 in the beta was a lot more exciting, not just due to the new quests and mechanics, but also because I couldn't wait to see what my new gear would look like when I hit a new leveling milestone.

Source

Small change but very much needed.

But I like that the stuff was all different. I mean, at higher levels, you could mix and match your stuff to make it look like it fit together.

looking cool all the time outweighs the benefits having a greater selection of items for level 85. I really want them to implement a RP clothes type outfitting system like LOTROs.

If they did that, I would wan't to see a mage in full Twill gear.

Like that old WoW video Big Blue Dress. Go youtube it. I'm too lazy to link it.

I love that song:

I worked through the low level undead areas and I was pretty happy with the way the outfits changed without completely dorking out your old stuff :)

I wont screenshots! haha I have actually been really interesting in how armor design looks now specially while cata leveling. Some screenshot I have seen have been of plate and it actually looks like pretty simple plate armor you could wear IRL.

I'm glad they took the time to make better matching sets for the new world. I always strolled around in crafted gear cause at least you could get an identical set.

This also makes leveling an alt more enticing as I was not as motivated to level a new character.

I never had a problem with the look of leveling gear. I think a neat part of the immersion factor was that you traveled the world and got your gear because it was the best you could find, no matter what it looked like, one of my favorite screenshots of Lurile is

79234703-4.jpg