Evanthe

New Hairstyles

There are some new hairstyles in the game files. Female dwarves actually have a few available in beta right now: http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/03/new-hairstyles-for-dwarf-women-from-cataclysm-beta/

Some for other races are seen here: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6665&page=302&posted=1#post244394

I like the female troll hair. Yes, yes I do.

Oh very nice find! I can't wait till most of them are found and compiled so I can see them all. So far I like most of the orcs, the slicked over gnome and the undead ones.

Im digging the gnomish "emo-punk" not into emo shit myself (hell I fucking hate it) but I actually like that one >.>

Hoping goblin girls get a full on mohawk so I can continue Siktas punk-rocker theme... (I dont like the current mohawk they have since it still has some hair on the sides of the head)

EDIT: GOOD GOD <3 Tiki head

If they don't implement one soon I"ll be sad. Brokkir needs a mohawk.

I dunno if GW would let that slide. You can't go around in WarCraft literally just adding Dwarf Slayers in without GamesWorkshop raisin' an eye.

especially with dorfs getting enh shaman at the same time.

We need to meet up sometime in game then. :D TIKI TIME!

It would only end badly.

Unless you wanna end up like the poor gnome who's skull I'm drinking from over there

<-------

but if you want yer blood turned into liquor and your skull made a goblet, then sure.

I dunno if GW would let that slide. You can't go around in WarCraft literally just adding Dwarf Slayers in without GamesWorkshop raisin' an eye.

As long as they weren't called slayers & they didn't go around seeking death-by-largest-monster. I don't think GW really cares....

I mean come on look at Warhammer Orcs & Warcraft Orcs, they're identical.

orc_warrior.jpg

O&GArmyBook.jpg

Warhammer Fantasy Battle (the board game that Warhammer Online is based on) was originally made in 1983 and is still going strong today (I am an avid gamer)

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans was released in 1994, an 11 year difference

Warhammer has been a MAJOR influence on the Warcraft universes artstyle.

Two stories I remember about how warcraft came to be & Games workshops attitude towards it, I can't find evidence of either but they were good stories so Ill share.

First Blizzard approached GW and offered to make a video game of their product, to which GW respond LOL NO. So Blizzard, heart broken and annoyed, left and was like "Well we will make our own game, and its gonna be better than yours cause it wont have hammers... instead it will have crafting and stuff and things" and thus was born Warcraft, the lighter toned (as opposed to warhammers: FUCK EVERYTHING personality) bastard child of Warhammer.

Da secon iz 'ow GW wuz like "LOL WUT DEY TOOK OUR GUBBINZ! LETS GIT EM BOYS!" den dem GW boyz be lettin out dere squigtourneys and dey be muckin about da place messin wit da soft Blizzard boyz tourneys and den da big hammer guy in da chair be all like "NO Blizzard boyz be right and dey not stealin ur gubbinz!" so da GW boyz wuz like "LETS LEG IT" an evah since da GW boyz be eyin da Blizzard boyz to make sure dey not takin dere gubbinz.

PS: Thanks for posting that Emyi, I don't like the hairstyle but it looks like dwarves are getting some tattoos for wildhammers =)

Long Descriptor

That was a very long way of saying "No they wont." bud.

I just don't think Games Workshop even has the grounds to do.. Anything about Blizzard at this point. If they were going to take legal action, they should have done it in the late 1990s when they actually did have grounds.

Now that Blizzard has had 10+ years to develop their game with their own contributed intellectual property, I feel it's so highly unlikely that any action would be taken over aesthetics.

That being said, I did the headcrab.

I wonder what the statute of limitations is on intellectual property theft? Especially with companies based in different countries.

I can't imagine it's that long, and it may have expired at this point.

I don't feel like "A dwarf with a red mohawk" could even count as theft of intellectual property under any situation in the history of ever.