TenShields02

New Guild Idea

A few friends of mine have started a guild called “Greymane Guard” which will be based around a military command erected by King Greymane during Gilnean isolation period. Now that the wall has been brought down, the command is responsible for providing safety to Gilneas, aiding the Alliance in their continuous war with the Horde, exploring the new world and bring glory and honor back to Gilneas.

In the beginning I thought it would be interesting to have a Worgen only guild, but now that I have had experience running Ironforge Regiment, I think it would be better to open it up to Night Elves and Humans also. Since they play an integral part to the Worgen story.

Any thoughts on the guild? Anyone interested in leaving a place holder? Any flaws? I’m open to change.

here is my take on guilds since we have been discussing the creation of new guilds recently. To me, a guild should be like your family (not literally always but those people you most like to do things with for fun and talk to OOC because you care about their real life)

All of these great themes for RP are more like Jobs and i think RP groups is really the best place for them. You can have all worgen or all paladins in an RP group without having to worry about how that would hinder you as a guild. It gets your RP ideas out there to more people and allows it to have a bigger impact on the world. In my opinion, we need to start supporting groups more.

So, basically, a group can be your job, but your guild is who you come home to at night.

Instead of going through the trouble of starting a new guild (recruiting, getting active members, etc.), Lordaerons Call will be opening its doors to their Gilnean brothers. We will have affiliates in the Gilnean Liberation front, and although our name says 'Lordaeron' in it, we share a goal: the destruction of the Forsaken. and the restoration of our kingdoms. You and your friend should contact me.

I am actually killing off Alexialas come december 7, and will be replacing her with a Gilnean representative in the guild's leadership.

I look at it like this. People are going to roll Worgen. People are going to want to roleplay their Worgen and will be looking for a fun way to introduce them into the world. The guild would support leveling, instances, pvp and rp. A excellent environment for new toons to grow. From a roleplaying perspective, it would make more sense for a new Worgen to join a guild based out their homeland with a mission over exisiting guilds that are based out of Stormwind or Ironforge.

I feel guild would be better over a group because the guild would grow together and enjoy the achievments and benifits together. It seems minor, but the guild tag comes with a guild, not a group.

What Kaiune feels about guilds is sorta my perspective on the community as a whole. Guilds are great for RP concepts, because they're easily labeled, where with a non-guild RP group (Which I still greatly support as a way to be involved in multiple "organizations" while still within one guild) doesn't have that instant recognizability. Meanwhile, the familial-esque connection that Kai's talking about is something I don't get just from my guild, but the community as a whole. A lot of the people on TN I'm closest to aren't in any of my guilds, and that hasn't detracted from the connections I form with them.

As for the guild concept, I being a strong supporter of race-centric (If not single-race) guilds, have assumed there's gonna be a few heavily Worgen-centric guilds, just as there'll be several Goblin-centric guilds. There's a sort of racial familiarity and a cohesion with the lore when you focus specifically on one race's plight or storyline, though there are obvious pitfalls that can come with that, too. (Infection only has access to one healing class and few dedicated healers, so PvPing without outside support can be challenging). You have to decide whether or not it makes sense for you to look at race exclusion as a guild thing both from an IC perspective, and a convenience perspective. As for joining a pre-existing guild, there's benefits both to creating a new guild to contribute to the server's RP, and strengthening an existing one to enforce it. Really, it's all about personal preference.

@ Swerto : I will talk to my friends and see how they feel about it. We have already created the guild and bought tabs for it. Also we are stocking it with gear and mats.

@ Keraph: I love the race-centric guilds. I was in Ironforge Regiment long ago and the desire to be with them again made me server change. Looking at whats popping up on the Goblin side right now is what motivated me to throw a Worgen guild together. Im pretty impressed by KORE Enterprises idea and set up.

We will see, I think I will advertise it and see how people react. If I can get 10 people to make name holders I will keep the guild.

I've already got tabs, btw, and quite the empty bank. My guild's just getting ready to go for cata (all four of us, our roster lies on our actual numbers)

Cool idea for a guild, however honestly I see it being more human & worgen only OR just include everyone, (though within RP terms night elves & draenei would be lower ranks or relatively new recruits)

the reason I say this is

A) it gives you more options within the guild itself and

B) RP wise I can see no reason to have night elves & not have gnomes and dwarves, as a military force would have great need of the engineers & sharpshooters that those races produce large amounts of....

which would mean logically the only race that wouldn't fit in the guild in some way or another would be Draenei.... which would just be weird....

Also while typing this I thought of some ideas (you do what you want, I won't be involved since I'm horde side)

~It was originally founded as an organized militia to patrol the Greymane wall, Over time it became more of a self-policing force within the isolated Gilneas

~The guild eventually became an anti-worgen group as the infestation spread, the "downfall" of the guild happened when the guild helped defend a town that was being evacuated and was cut off and overrun (perhaps not the entire guild but a good part of it)

~Eventually the "cure" is found and surviving human members are surprised when their old guild mates return (perhaps even the guild master, while the second in command is human)

~Bees are dangerous

~The rejoining of the alliance opens up new resources and the guild opens its doors too members of the alliance including stormwind humans (remember you can RP a human from Gilneas), gnomes for their engineers & mages, dwarves for their sharpshooters and stout warriors, night elves for their willingness too accept the worgen, and Draenei for their mastery of Paladins

The "rejoining" could be a really fun RP event for the guild, but these are just some ideas I'm throwing out for you, its up to you to do the rest.

Very good ideas and thank you for posting. I appreciate it.

This is my layout for the guild right now.

- The leader of the guild is my 80 Deathknight. Oliver "Gruthan" Everlore. He died before the plague hit the city and was brought back to be a Deathknight. After fighting the war against the Lich King, he returns back home and finds the city filled with Worgen, not humans. (Neither is he though.)

- The Greymane Guard is going to be whats left of the command after the infection. The members before the infection will ban together again and move forward protecting the kingdom and exploring the new and open world.

- I still would like to have some military structure, but it doesnt neccessary have to be directly under the King. I could see it as just being a adventuring group of Gilneans. The main focus will still be leveling, roleplaying and PVP.

- I agree with you on the races. Im going to boot the idea of Night Elves and go with Human / Worgen only. It makes more sense.

How does that sound?

Sounds like a great idea! No gnomes should be allowed though, 'cause they smell.

HEY!

Not all gnomes smell! Who do you think invented deodorant? sure it was supposed to be a trogg-repellent but whatever....

A few things have come up. Due to my ties to Ironforge Regiment and their decline we have begun to collect people from there and move them to the Guard. We are maintaining a Human / Worgen guild, but with some interesting RPing we will be assisted by the Mithral Shield Company from the Regiment. Should be very interesting. The website is running and some of us are chatting a bit. Other than that, collecting people as we go. We expect to pick up with the expansion. If your interested, whisper Gruthan and we can speak some more.

I"m rolling a worgen hunter for Cataclysm, and have already been fleshing out the character up in the Gilneas thread in Nether Legends. She'll probably become my main since I'll need to focus on leveling her to 80, so I already have made plans to have her join my current guild.

BUT, I'm very interested in RPing with any worgen groups. I figure I don't need to be in a guild to RP with you, right? :) I'll keep an eye on this.

- The leader of the guild is my 80 Deathknight. Oliver "Gruthan" Everlore. He died before the plague hit the city and was brought back to be a Deathknight. After fighting the war against the Lich King, he returns back home and finds the city filled with Worgen, not humans. (Neither is he though.)

Fyi the Worgen deathknights are Gilneans that were taken by Arugal when he went mad and imprisoned as his "children" in SFK. After your char escapes to Pyrewood he ends up getting snagged by Scourge and is reborn. Not sure if you knew that, and thought it'd help with crafting a background story.