Trigin

New Worgen Cinematic

No that is Lord Godfrey. This cinematic happens following the first "part" of the opening quests when you finally get infected. Why there won't be a cinematic following the battle for gilneas is beyond me.

Ah, so Lord Godfrey wants to wipe out ALL worgen, including the "cured" Gilneans aka The player worgen?

BAH! Know what, I'll go wiki it and catch up.

Also, waiting to see Genn Graymane in a cut scene!

I dont think he wants to wipe out the Worgen, just that the fact that he's Forsaken and what he did to Crowley's daughter kinda pissed off the Alliance.

And well...I would assume killing Sylvanas would make the Horde angry.

I actually think his reason for kidnapping Lorna kinda makes sense.

I dont think he wants to wipe out the Worgen, just that the fact that he's Forsaken and what he did to Crowley's daughter kinda pissed off the Alliance.

Wrong. He wants to wipe out the worgen.

He does? Because he kidnaps Lorna Crowley at Sylvanas' request to force the Gilneas Liberation front to retreat, but he openly states that raising her as a Forsaken would force a cease fire between the Gilneas Liberation Front and the Forsaken. I've read all the things he says in quests and it seems like, if he's not loyal to Gilneas, he doesn't harbor ill-will toward them.

Spoilers below

Godfrey doesn't give two shits about the Forsaken, Sylvanas or her agendas. In fact he's outraged he was ressurected as an undead. The reason he kidnaps Lorna is to get at Crowley, who represents the prideful Gilnean. Godfrey was so disgusted by the state of his people that, when he realized he was one of the last remaining unafflicted, he killed himself. From day one he wanted the Worgen wiped out, seeing them as a filthy abberation.

I should have stated Gilneas instead of Worgen, you are correct. My mistake. Still, the point kinda stands. He hates the Worgen so he commits suicide.

But then why would he try to create a cease-fire between the GLF and the Forsaken when he could just be with Sylvanas in wanting to slaughter them all since the GLF is purely-Worgen. Makes me think despite his overwhelming hatred of Worgen, he'd still rather aid them over the Forsaken if it meant helping Gilneas.

He was biding his time. That is why he shoots Sylvanas in the face afterwards and runs off to SFK. Why both Horde and Alliance are sent to kill him.

Yes, to kill Sylvanas. He could have killed her at other times, and opted not to aid the GLF in his own, slightly demented way of thinking. It seems quite clear he is still a Gilnean at heart.

The reasons why the Alliance want him dead, aside from his acts while alive, include the kidnapping of Lorna, and his aiding in the Forsaken's actions against the GLF.

My only point was that he still seems, to me at least, to favor Gilneas over the Forsaken in every regard.

An interesting perspective, but one I disagree with. For Godfrey, Gilneas ceased to exist when it became a kingdom overwhelmed by "monsters". From the start Godfrey is portrayed as a purist and borderline sadist - he is the one arguing with Genn about the eradication of the Worgen as opposed to trying to "cure" them. He also was strickly opposed to Crowley being released from prison, even though it was such a dire time that warranted the bad ass being let loose. Why? He claims because Crowley is a loose cannon, but it's probably because Crowley was for many years Genn's right hand, and Godfrey feared the loss of his position. When Crowley became afflicted this only exacerbated the issues.

He despises undeath, yet sees the opportunity it awards him. Bides his time and inflicts two wounds on Crowley in one stroke (making him, a proud man, surrender his cause as well as stealing his daughter), and double crosses his instruments for revenge when it's convienant. Play through the Worgen starting quests and the Horde quests in Silverpine and I think you'll find it's the opposite. He hates both, but his rage is directed at his now "subhuman" nation.

I've actually watched videos on the entire starting experiences as soon as they were available (Damn you people who got into the beta and I didnt), and I still get the feeling through the quests in Silverpine when he's Undead that his goal was to try to force a cease-fire between the Forsaken and the GLF.

Because, honestly, I'm sure he could have walked into Undercity as a Forsaken and shot Sylvanas in the face if he really wanted to. Why would he go through all the trouble.

I suppose we'd have to agree to disagree.

She dies for all of thirty seconds before the valkyr bring her back. It's stupid IMO, nobody takes death seriously anymore.

Oh, well. Yeah, okay then, I guess that's kinda lame.