Skaadvik

Shockadin are GO!

Ret isn't so much broken as much as it doesn't have the front-loaded burst to blow people away as fast as most classes/specs right now. At least not without popping wings and hammer spamming to victory. The potential damage is there, it just requires set up and procs, which most people don't live long enough to see.

And no Nhal, no matter how much you spam that tickle/giggle macro at me, or how much you offer to pay me, I won't arena with you.

Oh and it's not your spec. You're a belf, shockadins have been around since vanilla.

They're throwing more buffs Ret's way.

The big one I know of is letting them use cleanse to take roots off themselves. Shit's gay.. But sadly needed.

Also I think they're making it so Zealotry doesn't require holy power. Which means we'll probably see a bit more reliable frontload from Ret Palas.

Actually, it's not just roots. Retribution is getting a talent that allows the cleanse spell to remove one movement impairing effect.

The Zealotry change is a little different too. Zealotry still requires Holy Power to use, but it doesn't consume the Holy Power when you pop it.

I don't feel Ret is underpowered really. It's weaker then it was before the patch but it's still doable, just because ret isn't a 1v1 god anymore doesn't mean it's not viable, just means we need a group with us to do well. I can still win duels as Ret too so really, I don't see it as broken.

'we aren't god mode blizz, fix us!'

Normally I'd agree, but there are actually definite problems I can see with the specc.

Such as the inability to close gaps, and the fact that Hammer of Wrath is their only means to put out damage.

Oh, that was just what I was getting from the thread, I wasn't actually putting any input on current balance as I've had no experience with it. I'm having too many issues with the current patch to where I can't even really play (delayed sound, graphics errors, none of my addons work, etc. etc. etc.)

So after running with this for a week or so, I find that I spend 80% of my time being a regular old healer in BGs, which is fine. I'll step out and drop a cooldown and help to burst down big targets like healers, and of course if I catch someone 1v1 it's on. Holy is in a good place, and I am happy.

Also did ICC to dreamwalker or whatever the green dragon's name is last night, doing mostly heroics. It was my first real raid healing experience since the patch hit, and I'm glad to say Holy is in a good place PvE wise too.

Oh god, make a video of shockadin on VDW please, I've got to see it.

Well I have a raid holy spec that cuts out on a lot of the dps talents my shock spec has, so I don't actually raid as shockadin. I did during BC when there was no dual-spec, and did pretty good dps. I don't feel like it would be viable anymore, though, even as a hybrid healer/dps. You can still put out a lot of hurt as regular healy-holy, which I do during healing downtimes as long as my mana allows it. When it's all said and done, though, I'm still mostly just a tank healbot in raids with some fun raid heals to throw around.

They're throwing more buffs Ret's way.

The big one I know of is letting them use cleanse to take roots off themselves. Shit's gay.. But sadly needed.

Also I think they're making it so Zealotry doesn't require holy power. Which means we'll probably see a bit more reliable frontload from Ret Palas.[/QUOTe]

From what I also understand is holy damge is being upped for all paladins as well.. doesn't help either that I have yet to see that holy spec is geting any kind of nerf either. Also skaad for you buddy if you didn't know already hammer works as somewhat as ba paladin killshot critting for like 11k min if the target has no resil. Its beast

and I can has arena partners if I promise them more tickles? =D

Just for reference, my relentless / wrathful holydin can sustain about 4500-5000 dps on an 80 target dummy. It isn't as bursty as an actual dps spec, but the fact that I can hit that hard is a very nice change from before the patch.

Right, I gave up on this, and then thought up a new spec which you can now see by checking out my armory. This is the new shockadin. It is an amazing world PvP/BG spec, and any of the people I have been PvPing with can attest to its effectiveness. I have lost very little healing output and gained a HUGE damage potential by speccing this way.

I still consider myself to be a healer (unlike in BC when I had to take SP over healing power gear), and I heal most of the time. I use my burst potential to help my team score kills.

Anyway just wanted to update this and let you all know that shockadin is indeed back on the real.

I'm levelling a Holy Paladin right now - I fully intend to try out being a Shockadin.

Question-

What glyph are you replacing the Glyph of Light of Dawn with, seeing as you no longer have the talent?

Mmm, this intrigues me. Ret is kinda weird, and facerolly. Explains why Carlos loves it so.

Also, I'd imagine getting multiple boners would involve sprouting said number extra penii.