Ryoku

Blizzard on the post-patch PvP situation:

we will be buffing resilience.

*headdesk*

Source

Thoughts? I wanna see what you guys think of the post-patch PvP experience so far too. How are you guys holding up? Awesome? Not so awesome?

Just please don't start a bitchfit if someone says your class is overpowered. If you're a Warlock/Shadow Priest/Druid/Rogue/Mage/Shaman they're probably right.

Yeah, casters are insane. Yes, it is balanced for 85, but that is at the very least, two months away. So right now, the scales are so tipped it is ridiculous. And they are making resilience like old resilience UNTIL 85, where they state they will be reverting it back to what it is/was.

This change might be reverted at level 85.

So far, in BGs, I haven't had too much trouble with Casters as a Prot Warrior.

The buff to Resil just means I won't be getting those delicious 11k+ shield slam crits. Those things were CRAZY

The issue with buffing resilience is it leaves healers more OP than they are right now.

Against melee on Arokai (save rogues/feral druids) I can keep myself topped off EASY with only earth shield and riptide. Rogues/Ferals and Casters I actually gotta heal myself (with 14k lesser healing waves).

That doesn't even include Resto Druids. Right now a Resto Druid can solo carry a flag from one base to another with 10 people on them in WSG. Hell, I dueled a Resto druid in furious / partial relent and despite the fact that I massively out geared him, I could not bring him down with 30-40k burst rotations. He had to forfeit in the end.

They want to buff resil to make the environment more friendly, but it's just going to make it worse in the other direction.

I think it feels more like the old days of pvp. The days without resil on gear.

Good times IMO.

I don't think buffing resilience, then nerfing it later is the best solution : /

Here are the changes so far...

(Source)

4.0.1 Class Balance - Update

We made many changes yesterday. A lot of these were bug fixes, and many bug fixes will affect damage one way or the other. So just because you don't see a specific change referenced below, doesn't mean it didn't change.

With that said, here are the specific changes we made in reference to my previous post:

1) We buffed the base points and coefficients of many warrior dps abilities. We didn't do as much to tanking abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Ret abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Feral cat abilities.

2) We lowered the base points and coefficients of many Mage abilities, but lowered Fire more than the other two.

3) We nerfed Shadow Word: Death, but it is possible we didn't nerf it enough. It should not be Shadow's biggest spell.

4) We returned Searing Pain's damage to its 3.3.5 levels.

5) We increased the benefit of resilience by 50% for players level 80 and below. The tooltips will probably not reflect this change.

We don't have any other changes to announce at this time. I am reluctant to mention additional classes or specs that we are looking at currently for fear of instilling excitement or panic.

I don't understand the buffing of Feral damage. They are bursting HARD in duels. Harder than any other melee or even most casters I've encountered. I go to about 10% by the time I get out of the initial pounce. Only enough time for an EM'd Lava Burst and a Thunderstorm before I go down.

Doesn't help that they're CC immune either.

Mage doesn't make sense either. Frost was way more 'tarded than fire. 9k icelance vs. 7k scorch. Doesn't take a genius to decide which one is stupider.

I don't understand the buffing of Feral damage. They are bursting HARD in duels. Harder than any other melee or even most casters I've encountered. I go to about 10% by the time I get out of the initial pounce. Only enough time for an EM'd Lava Burst and a Thunderstorm before I go down.

Doesn't help that they're CC immune either.

Mage doesn't make sense either. Frost was way more 'tarded than fire. 9k icelance vs. 7k scorch. Doesn't take a genius to decide which one is stupider.

Feral does only about 70% of the damage it did before this patch, since most abilities weren't adjusted enough for the huge loss in attack power. Seriously, Ferocious Bite was doing about a third of the damage as it was before. I don't know how you're seeing that much damage, but Feral was nearly unplayable before these changes. Maybe you saw it after the hotfixes?

It feels to me mm is shit right now because it needs steady shot so much.

I also don't know the sv numbers are as high as they shoul be, but wat do i kno

Feral does only about 70% of the damage it did before this patch, since most abilities weren't adjusted enough for the huge loss in attack power. Seriously, Ferocious Bite was doing about a third of the damage as it was before. I don't know how you're seeing that much damage, but Feral was nearly unplayable before these changes. Maybe you saw it after the hotfixes?

No. I just fought a good feral druid. It was a lot of damage, and it was before today's hotfix. Trust me.

Resto Druids and Resto Shaman are both stupid. I can't be killed by most classes, and all I have to do is riptide and earth shield to keep myself up.

Playing against Thal, I actually kept myself up with water shield and my cleanse. It's redic.

You guys probably noticed, but pallies are doing very little with their ret spells. On the other hand, with wings and hammer of wrath im hitting about 18k crits. I reveal, the HOWadin. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts...

No. I just fought a good feral druid. It was a lot of damage, and it was before today's hotfix. Trust me.

Resto Druids and Resto Shaman are both stupid. I can't be killed by most classes, and all I have to do is riptide and earth shield to keep myself up.

Playing against Thal, I actually kept myself up with water shield and my cleanse. It's redic.

Cleanse...

CLEEEEEEANSSSE.

Waiting on the re-tuning on Resto Druids. Natures Ward and Gift of the Earthmother has made them raid bosses.

According to Ghostcrawler, this was a bug with the internal cooldown not being recognized. It's been fixed, but was not documented as it was a bug fix and not a balance tweak.

I respecced ele for pvp cuz free talent spec.

I dig it, but like every other shaman caster complains about, I hate standing still all the damn time.

plus I need a shield.

The hotfixes were yesterday (rather, the 13th), so I'm not sure what numbers you were seeing. In my mix of ICC gear, I was lucky to get up to 7K DPS when testing right after the patch, in a PvP spec. It'd only be worse in PvP gear, and I'm certainly not the only one. As I said with Ferocious Bite, with enough energy behind it, it was doing upwards of 12K crits on PvP targets (probably higher than most, but ICC weapon and trinkets available). Post-patch, 4-5K. After the hotfixes, though, it's doing nearly 15K. Ravage was around 8K, worse than Shred before the patch, Shred itself around 4K crits. Again, less damage overall than before 4.0.1, whereas most classes are doing more.

EDIT: Admittedly, bleeds are now pretty ridiculous. 10K+ Rip crits, not joking. Also, here's an idea of what damage was like from several people giving feedback just before the hotfixes: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27191403280&sid=1&pageNo=1

I respecced ele for pvp cuz free talent spec.

I dig it, but like every other shaman caster complains about, I hate standing still all the damn time.

plus I need a shield.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could ghostwolf.

Not having ghostwolf is making us turrets McGhee here.

And Anthek, it is possible that they applied the feral changes before they applied the resil changes. I can explicitly tell you that the resil changes were not implemented until either REALLY late last night or today.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could ghostwolf.

Not having ghostwolf is making us turrets McGhee here.

And Anthek, it is possible that they applied the feral changes before they applied the resil changes. I can explicitly tell you that the resil changes were not implemented until either REALLY late last night or today.

Pretty sure it was last night, even if it was late. I'm just saying, your experience with a Feral druid certainly wasn't indicative of their damage immediately after the patch, and it's only after those hotfixes that the damage you saw could have been possible.

The resil buff was like fixing a papercut by amputating the finger. Fucking retarded. Healers are still out of control and pure melee/weapon damage classes are really hurting from larger health pools and better armor coefficiants. Something is scaling and adding up terribly wrong. Between this fucktard move and the incessant bugs in bg's it's painful to play.

Nerf specific specs that have too extreme synergy between certain talents? makes sense.

Buff certain classes whose dmg is too low? Makes sense.

Buff resil to over 50% dmg reduction with ms nerfed, larger health pools and casters currently unable to go under 50% mana? That is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I just said this in a previous post, but yeah. Healers are out of control. Any 4 year old can do what I have to do to live indefinitely against 90% 100% of classes.

It's like stuff reversed. Right after the patch healers were doing well (Druids were REDONK) despite the high damage and as an Rsham I could keep myself up decently well against most things (A lot of casters really fucked me though). Rogues and Mages were particularly dumb too, to the point where good friends who played the class were crying out for a nerf just so that they could feel like there was a difference between good mages / rogues and facerolllers.

With the resil change, now I'm the one crying out for a nerf. I don't want to beat people because "I'm a healer and I can't die."

Me and Szordrin had a discussion about this. It seems like Blizzard might be going for a new formula where "healers can't be solo'd but can't solo anything." and I think that in itself is just an incredibly shitty playstyle.

Well I just tried doing some bgs yeasterday, did about three and I ruled all three in damage killing blows and healing.

I don't think it made much a difference tbh from patch day.