Nel

Nel's CG Art

@Broxigan

Vue 8 Infinite (Terrain, Generating Trees, Water Atmosphere), Adobe Photoshop CS5 (Textures). There is 100% no post work on that at all, straight out of the renderer!

@Vyn

Thank you! :D

@Broxigan

Vue 8 Infinite (Terrain, Generating Trees, Water Atmosphere), Adobe Photoshop CS5 (Textures). There is 100% no post work on that at all, straight out of the renderer!

@Vyn

Thank you! :D

Does Vue 8 Infinite allow for, say, terrain maps? Like, laying out a globe or topography map?

Yeah it does, if you'd like to try it out you could download the PLE (Personal Learning Edition) to try out the full application, the only difference is that your renders are watermarked.

I wish you luck. :D

If you have any questions about Vue let me know and I'll be happy to help you.

EDIT:

If you explain to me what you are trying to do exactly I will probably be able to verify that it's possible in Vue. Just tryin' ta help! :)

I'm really impressed, your videos especially - they seem up to a professional standard!

A pet project of mine is investigating possible tools for a guild themed machinima down the line, having limited experience with Sony Vegas where I've made a few simple offerings. What did you use to make your Demo Reel and Troll RP guild add? Adobe After Effects? I'm looking for a good program that's accessible for amateurs (intuitive design and hopefully has resources to help learners).

Thank you! I appreciate that. :D

Video Copilot (Google it) is where I learned the basics of after effects. Andrew Cramer is the guy who runs the place... he is a really cool dude. (He did the intro titles for the newest Star Trek movie.) The website has TONS of free tutorials, and I learned AE from the ground up there. I'd say about 75% of my AE knowledge is thanks to Andrew Cramer and is awesomeness.

The Zandali Conclave ad was done entirely in After Effects CS5. The Demo Reel's "frames" and such were done also in After Effects, but the content inside the frames was done with Vue 8 and Vue 8.5 Infinite. If you have any questions or want help with anything please don't hesitate to ask! :D

Also, After Effects isn't the best tool for making your final footage piece... it's more for adding effects to a specific scene in it then to export to your favorite compositing tool such as Vegas.

For example, my workflow/pipeline for the pictures of Nel went like this:

WoW Model Viewer - Extract Models

Vue 8.5 Infinite - Re-UV map the extracted .m2 files, create the scenery, pose characters, lighting, etc

HyperVue Network Render - Sends the scene out to my render farm, which renders it for me. This part takes the longest usually. xD

Adobe After Effects - Made adjustments to matte passes on foliage for added photorealism, add sun flare if needed, tweak sky.

Photoshop - Final touch ups, final tweaking of sky color to compliment foreground.

And also look forward to some even more Photoreal CG... I just purchased Vue 9 xStream. /cheer

Thanks for the advice Nel :).

I'll admit I'm far too ambitious for my own good with what I've got planned. To date, I haven't found a machinima that has impressed me as much as perculacraft's "Blind". Sure, people criticize the music choice (which I found appropriate for the pace of the video), but the animation was jaw dropping. I don't hope to ever recreate that kind of success, but I do hope to possibly employ some of the same techniques for a few snippets of video down the track. While the soundtrack I'm working with is considerably shorter, clocking in at 1 minute 42 seconds (less than a third of Blind's) - I want segments of it to eventually have more natural animations than what's available through Model Viewer.

Judging by the process of just getting over the WoW models and textures into 3DS Max THROUGH the program Milkshake 3D - I know it's going to take me a looooong time xD.

Long story short...

If you have any questions or want help with anything please don't hesitate to ask! :D[/Quote]

Count on it >.>

I am in the process of doing the same thing actually, I want to upscale WoW Geometry to make it look less crappy. I also am in the process of Rigging a copy of Nel so I could actually make animations with her in it rather than just pictures.

Well then - I'm definitely going to have to follow any updates regarding as much on this thread xD.

One of the things which still conceptually escapes me is how perculacraft made all those animations feel part of the game world? Most Machinimas you can almost see the green wall effect, the 'layers' fairly obvious so to speak. But in Blind? All the shadows and (seeming) dynamic lighting looked as if it were all actually happening in engine. I still don't know how he did that, whether he found some way to animate models within the environment OR if it was all just some masterful post filming editting.

Wow!

That really was superb! I don't know of any other way they did that other than to rig their own models... I am going to send them a PM asking about how they did that exactly... because I have a few storyboards myself for something like that. xD

Very nice! Very nice indeed! May I ask what program you used to create this? I'm kinda of interested in trying to do something like this myself. My dad is a musician and singer, as am I. So yeah... I think that pretty much sums it up. Now I just need to figure out if I can do this, if I put my mind to it, so to speak.