Necroxis

Attempt #2 at Plainsrunning?

Running Wild

1.5 sec cast

Drop to all fours to run as fast as a wild animal.

Source

The "spell" is listed as a mount, only for Worgen, and available at level 20.

This would explain why there has been little regarding mounts for Worgen, aside from the rumors regarding the War Pig thing.

The major reason I could see people mad at this would be the fact that, for mount collectors, this would cause a serious faction imbalance in the amount available unless they went and added a color or two to each of the existing faction mounts for alliance. After all, before the horde equivalent of the winterspring frostsaber was implemented, (that weird, armorless raptor), collectors bitched and moaned for years.

Now, as long as the worgen running animation is cool, I'm ok with this. Hell, take out darkflight and make this instant cast to rival the druid flightform and i'd be all over it.

Man, the koolaid is strong today. Words are fun. You can use whatever words you want too!

I didn't give two shits about it, but apparently some people raged about it until they added the devilsaur or w/e mount for the Horde

The major reason I could see people mad at this would be the fact that, for mount collectors, this would cause a serious faction imbalance in the amount available unless they went and added a color or two to each of the existing faction mounts for alliance. After all, before the horde equivalent of the winterspring frostsaber was implemented, (that weird, armorless raptor), collectors bitched and moaned for years.

Now, as long as the worgen running animation is cool, I'm ok with this. Hell, take out darkflight and make this instant cast to rival the druid flightform and i'd be all over it.

So, you're talking about faction imbalance regarding mount collection...

But then you suggest something that would cause a faction imbalance on a gameplay level.

Alright then.

But then you suggest something that would cause a faction imbalance on a gameplay level.

Alright then.

Because my ideas make sense and are important in your life, totally! :3

Don't mind me, I'm just a herpaderp pretending to sound like I have an opinion that isnt just "Ok cool now release the game so I can play it ><!"

Alright then.

Because technically it is a mount, you can't use abilities or anything. You hit the button, it casts, and you're on all fours and 'mounted'.

At least that's what it's reading like.

Plainstriding was just 'run forward and hit this button and you'll gradually go faster'

You had to run for 10 seconds and Plainsrunning would activate on it's own. If you stopped, you had to run for another 10 seconds for it to start again. As much as they tried to make it not be OP, it was horribly obnoxious to manage. Not to mention it would activate at really bad times and pull mobs in instances or run you off a cliff if you weren't paying attention.

Running Wild seems like they fixed it by essentially making everything identical to how a mount works, but instead of an actual horse or cat, you're just the mount.

The lack of an actual mount leads me to question whether it would count for that achievement or not. I don't believe it will.

And, now that I think about it, Worgen will probably look even more ridiculous on a 'true' mount than Draenei do.

Eh, plainsrunning for tauren with this same mechanic would be pretty cool, but I'm not broken up about it (I still think riding kodo with their legs moving like pistons is silly, though). I do think it's a pretty cool idea for the worgen!

That's why you're getting new paladin mounts.

Not really, no. Draenei will still look ridiculous on Horses/Rams/Cats/Mechanostriders/Gryphons/Other 'smaller' mounts. The only mounts they actually look decent on are mounts that are larger than those. Most flying mounts and elekks seem to fit them well enough, from what I can see. This hasn't been a problem for me, though, since I only used size-appropriate mounts. Unless I want to goof around on a Mechonstrider.

I doesn't make a lick of sense for a Draenei or Tauren to ride a horse, so they will fix that, and that's a good thing. I kinda wish they would do something similar with Dreadsteeds, though it would not work too well considering that they are supposed to be horses.

ON TOPIC: This works very well for Worgen, all things considered. It makes more sense on a Lore standpoint, I think, than those BearPigThings. I mean, where have those things been the entirety of WoW? Locked behind the Greymane Wall? It seems like the developers just went and said "Yeah, we can't make a mount that looks cool and makes sense for Worgen, so they get Plainsrunning MK II". I would rather have something like this than something that's poorly explained and designed.

This is officially confirmed.

Running Wild is indeed the new racial "mount" for worgen. Functionally the ability works exactly like a mount. This does mean the worgen are not bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access. This is also of course very different from the original Plainsrunning implemented for taurens. We have no plans to try and bring that ability back in any form.

Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome. :)

I dig it.

Wonder if they will even the scales, and make Goblin mounts not available to the rest of the Horde, if thats been stated at all yet.

I want them to make running wild available to the rest of the Alliance.

Fuck yeah, Power Dwarf.

Playing with the idea a little bit, I think the Goblin car should be scrapped, and Goblins should be able to mount an Ogre like the Alchemist in WC3.

Playing with the idea a little bit, I think the Goblin car should be scrapped...

Not scrapped. The Hotrod will be an engineering (and ONLY engineer) mount.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/84422/goblin-mini-hotrod/

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/89520/goblin-mini-hotrod/

Goblins, and the Horde, will get Trikes. Currently only one of each. Reg speed and epic. No color variations.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/62461/goblin-trike-key/

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/62462/goblin-turbo-trike-key/

That's a crashin trashin racer Dahnek, not a mount.

By your logic so is the Gnomish Portal Gun.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/84423/gnomish-portal-gun/

And a million Engineering things that have not yet been implemented. Furthermore if you looked at the second link you would have seen, SURPRISE, that the Mini Hotrod has a 1.5 sec cast time and falls into the mount category.

Um..

Make the worgen mount a fancy pair of running shoes.. >.> Yes.. Running shoes for all.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:77QCXtqNUoFk5M:http://noblelinksreal.com/