Zephyr

Calling all artists!

So, anyone who reads anything that goes on in my art thread would have seen Grainia mention some arts that I was supposed to do for some PG person. Well. The story behind that is... interesting to say the least. PG is Grainia's niece who much to everyone's dismay has been diagnosed with brain cancer. I can only imagine how terrifying this must be for not just Grainia, but for PG as well. Every update thus far shows the little girl to be quite the trooper, and I have to give her serious props because I don't think I could handle something like that. In my sudden feeling of helplessness of being able to comfort my friend, I offered the only thing I could. You see, PG used to play WoW. And she happens to have a bit of artist in her too. So I offered whatever support I could to Grainia, and I set out on a mission. I decided I was going to draw this girl's character.

Now, it's gotta be pretty cool to see your character drawn out, especially if you had no idea it was happening to begin with... But I think I can do better... scratch that, WE can do better. I'm posting this thread to ask that all artists here that can manage to spare some time from their commissions, from their schooling, from work, from their raiding -- whatever it is you guys do with all your time -- to draw something for PG. I'm not asking for some amazing week-long project. Even if you can only spare an hour to scribble something up, that would be better than nothing at all. When you're done, send a decent-sized jpeg of the image to me (You can get my info through PM) so that Grainia and I can work out a printing solution. You may also feel free to post your works here so that the other artists may see and be inspired or... something.

Grainia doesn't know I'm doing this, but she'll find out soon enough when she checks out the art threads. Let's make this the best Get Well Soon present ever, yeah?

PG's Warlock, for reference. Outfit doesn't matter. Go nuts. PG's an aspiring fashion designer, so have fun with it!

In case anyone's interested... Generic sketch that I've scribbled together amidst the hellish day I've had ^^

Celyni.jpg

Gonna work more detail in of course... Just as soon as I figure out where I wanna go with this.

I sketched up something quickly, and will be sure to finish it soon, but here's what I have so far.

I hope she gets better soon. I can only imagine the stress and heartache. Know that you have support here and prayers to go around.

forpg.bmp

PG.jpg

To PG from Illaria..

My thoughts and prayers go to you. If you need a larger resolution let me know, I have it up to 6000 by (OVER)9000 Pixels. (I could not help myself.)

--Illy

So, I HAVE been working on this thing, just... We've had some roommates moving in and crap and I had to help out. Yay.

I should be done with this tomorrow night or so... until then, update thingy:

Celyni-2.jpg

Alright. I finally shoved everything else to the side to finish this. I'm going to wait a week before I get everything printed and sent to Grainia, so if you're still working on something, you have until the morning of the 25th to get it to me ^^

If you need more time, just PM me.

Celyni-3.jpg

I'll likely be adding some other finishing touches... but you get the gist of it.

This is really sweet of you. This girl is amazing, and it makes me happy to see her getting through this and being so strong. I've known Grainia for years now so I've watched PG grow up through her. I'm no artist, so unfortunately I cannot contribute to this, but I thought I would throw in the word at how absolutely wonderful and strong this little girl is. I think what you're doing for her Zephyr, is amazing, and I KNOW she'll appreciate it wholeheartedly. Also, everyone's drawings look great!

I decided to do a paper doll base for her so PG can dress Celyni herself!

Due to the fact that it is a naked doll with really little anatomy, I'll put it as a that one thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Setrema/Cyleni.jpg

That's actually perfect for her since she likes drawing fashion and such! Yay!

I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate you pitching in, even if you're not the artsy types. I'm sure Grainia appreciates it 8 billion times more than I do ^^