belorealah

ICC help

A lot of Blood Elf players forget to do this, but arcane torrent regularly for mana! When I'm healing I pretty much pop it on cooldown during combat.

Ok! Lets see if I can make this NOT 50 pages long, but I don't make any promises! I'm glad I asked if you knew ICC or not before I got too far into this. >.>

Beginning trash: Pretty easy now, specially with the buff, just PoM tanks (At least that is what I'm in the habit of doing is tanks, so I KNOW it'll be set off) and fill in raid with renew and flash of light. This'll keep your Serendipity stacks up so if needed you can use your big aoe heal (Prayer of Mending, that I also have glyphed, so it gives a mini HoT after I cast it) as well as your instant aoe heal (usually used on grouped up melee). The tanks should face the guys who spit out the icy spikes, but those are easily healed now if hit. Now, if you guys do not have a rogue, and threfore set off a trap, a big guy will come out of the wall and a tank has to pick him up, two can be tanked at the same time (turned away of course) and watch for their special ability. DBM will tell you to stop casting, and you have a few more seconds to get a renew or something out before you need to stop. The cast will look like a big slam of dust and air, you can then resume casting. If you cast when that is going off, you'll be locked out of spells of that type for a bit.

Marrowgar: He goes back and forth between two phases, a stand there and kill, and bonestorm. Since you've done him before, I won't go too much into these unless you want some clarifications. And yes, do trust your raid leader who tells you to stack inside of his hit box. No matter what I always keep a renew on myself just incase I am bone spiked. With the buff and a 3k gs, the renew REALLY helps the tank healer keep me up while they're still paying attention to tanks. I also watch my timers and when it says bonestorm is coming up, I start renewing the raid to deal with the unavoidable aoe damage. Fill in with flash heal and, if desperate, Prayer of Healing. It's your job to keep up those spiked, really a renew and few flash heals should do it. Unless someone is spiked or bonestorm is going off, there really isn't any healing to do other than help with tanks, so I'll generally throw a renew on each one, bubble each tank (once off CD) and if I see one slipping low, throw a flash heal on them. I learned to heal with an undergeared tank healer, so I got into the (sometimes bad) habit of helping heal tanks.

Lady Deathwhisper: She has two phases that are very different from each other. The first one, everyone is dpsing down her mana bubble when no adds are out, then switching to them and dpsing their respective adds. They alternate left, right, left, right sides of the room to come out, on 10 man, only in the front they come out, on 25, they come out the back too. Melee can only hit one type, casters the other type, so a good balance is needed. Watch out for a green death and decay she casts, using body and soul either on yourself or someone who's trapped in it to get out quick. Also, watch for the curse debuff (have a dispeller!), DBM does not alert me when I am affected by it, so I need to be watching my debuffs or my healing addon (I use grid along with a few others). Keep PoM out there (as always) and throw occasional renews and bubbles on tanks. I also watch for who is kiting the risen (the thing that HURTS if touches you, so has to be kited) and I bubble them to put Body and Soul on them. When her mana bubble is getting low, everyone should be watching closely, you do NOT want to push her over into phase two with adds still out, though this is not your "problem" it will be if your dps does it. In phase two, a renew and flash heal should take care of those who are hit with the ghosts that occasionally float around, they cannot be hurt. They move slow, so if paying attention you can easily get away. Otherwise, stand there, heal, and get out of green death and decay until she is dead. No adds will spawn in this phase.

Lootship - I mean Gunship: This fight is fairly hectic if you have never seen it before, has lots of small details, but as a healer, your job is fairly easy! I am not going to comlicate things and trying to tell you it from a dps perspective (because even my knowledge on that is a little limited) and will just tell you the healing basics. Horde and Alliance ships will pull side by side and start battling, and all you need to worry about is healing the occasional damage to a dps from guys shooting from the other boat, the tank who jumps across, and moving out of incoming rockets. They are marked on the ground as a glowing gold and red mark, just step to the side and you will be fine. The damage is easily healed through now-a-days, but it'll get you in the habit of doing it on heroic mode, so should be avoided anyways. When the tank who was designated to jump across does, put a PoM and a renew on him, it should hold him over until he can gather the mobs on the enemy ship and back them up towards the edge of the ship so you can reach him. By standing on the edge of our ship you can reach him and any melee dps who jumped with that tank. Once mobs are down, they should then jump back across, and you continue to heal as normal. Watch out for those line of sighting you on your ship with the pillar-thingy that is in the middle. If someone over there needs healing, I generally move to them, so they do not have to stop dpsing just to get healed when generally it's not a problem for me to move.

Saurfang: EASY FIGHT! I swear, if you have awesome dps, and a good enough GS, you could literally single heal this fight at this point. Everyone stands a good amount apart (though with the buff and GS today, it shouldn't really be needed anymore, but, for good measure, put your dbm at /range 12).PoM, bubble, and renew tanks, got that, easy. Occasionally he'll do a little "Chk chk" thing (that's the noise it makes, I can look up the spell, but it's pretty easily identifiable xD ), just put a renew on the person, it should take care of the damage. They won't be taking damage again for a while. When he sends out blood beasts, the ranged should be taking them down quickly. If a blood beast is going after someone, I'll bubble them for body and soul and it'll make it so they are less likely to be touched. Every time someone is caused damage by his "chk chk" thing or blood beasts, it increases the bar at the bottome of your screen. Once that is full, a mark of blood will be sent out and ALL of your time will then be spent healing that one person, it's a headache. But, with non-fail dps he should be down before one even goes out. Simple, right?

The rest will be up sometime later today, my hands are cramping from typing. xD Any questions or clarifications, let me know!

An add-on that Carrowyn showed me for my then Holy [i went Disc again. Sorry! xD] Priest was Grid. It's REALLY handy, because if you see someone on the grid that's taking damage, you can pop a renew and a PW:S on them to keep them up.

The first wing IS rather simple.

After Saurfang, be wary of the next hallway, instant death gas will come out of the walls unless a rogue disables the traps, and you must move a bit at a time after each one goes off. Then there are two vyalkaries who fly around, be careful not to aggro, but you will most likely have to kill at least one of them. Your group then has three options for where to go next. Aboms, Blood Princes, or Dreamwalker. All three wings must be completed before advancing to Lich King.

Abom Wing: Trash is annoying, and expect deaths still if one explodes and one shots someone standing too close. You'll also have packs of annoying crawler guys, just aoe them down. You then have the two dogs. Stinks and Precious. Each of them do a ton of aoe damage that hits in waves. Constant heals of flash heals and strong aoe healing is a must, don't be too upset if someone dies, sometimes I think the two dogs are more difficult to heal than the bosses afterwards.

(next for a bit more detail on the dogs)

Stinky: Does Plague Stench - A Raid wide aoe that ticks for about 4,500 every 2 or 3 seconds, as well as Decimate. Decimate will drop everyone's health to a dangerously low level and all must be healed up with Plague Stench still ticking.

Precious: Summons zombies that must be healed through, as well as does Decimate with the same result as above.

You then go left or right to each abom, with a scientist and a trap that'll set off some crawly black guys. Easy aoe on those as said before, pretty much free rep.

Festergut: He is in the room with the orange gas, and this fight is a lot of raid healing. The leader will have ranged stand at range near the door, and everyone else stack on the boss. As a healer you'll be put at the leg of the boss because generally dps should be put at range, don't worry, you can reach them. The ranged people will also have a spot designated to stack when Gas Spores come out, generally in the middle of them (usually three). Which. leads me to telling you about Gas Spores. When these go out, two will be randomly put out on two people in the raid. The entire raid needs to have a lot of awareness in others and where others are as well as who is infected so you can be innoculated. If things work out perfectly, one ranged will be infected and they will all stack, and one person in melee will be infected and you guys are already stacked. If though, say, two people standing in melee (even healers) are infected, it is then a quick decision on who gets to run out and stand with the stacked ranged. Once they have burst, and innoculated those stacked on them, everyone resumes dpsing. When the room fills with orange gas, this is the time for lots of raid healing. He will then gas spore again, burst, then room fills with gas again, and if he's not dead yet, he'll do it a third time. People MUST be innoculated or when the room fills with gas, they're going to get hit HARD or die. Now, vile gas is why we have three ranged (at least) stand at range and a good bit away from eachother. It causes someone to uncontrollably vomit and cause damage to those around them. But, those in melee range are not affected if there are at least three people standing at range. Of course, the person afflicted with it will need to be healed. You do not need to move on this one unless you are one of the two affected with the spore and your raid healer tells you to move to ranged, which, personally, I'd make a dps move over a healer. Note though, if you do have a spore on you, move in towards the tank, the range on the burst of it is very small.

Rotface: Pray pray pray you have a paladin tank to kite the ooze. If you do, this fight is cake, if not, well... your job is a bit more hectic and difficult. One tank will stand in the middle of the room and everyone except hunters and ranged who MUST be standing at range should stack on one of his legs. This is so when he turns around and Slime Sprays everyone, you can easily just run around (through) him to avoid it, then back around to stand at a leg again. The other tank (Hopefully a paladin) will then stand in one spot around the edge of the room, waiting for Mutated Infection to take place. One person in the raid (any of the 9 that are not tanking the guy in the middle) will be infected, and must run over to the tank standing around the edge of the room. Situational awareness is coming into play again! The paladin tank will then cleanse them and a sticky ooze will spawn. It is a baby ooze and cannot be taunted, so that person must keep standing by the tank around the edge until a second person is infected, and runs over. Once a second person runs over and is cleansed, they too will spawn a baby ooze, and the oozes must then be run together to form a bigger one. This one can be taunted and will be by the tank and everyone can go back to where they were standing while the tank kites it around the room. From there, each person is infected will run to him, be cleased, and run the smaller ooze into the bigger one. Eventually it'll be unstable, it'll stop moving, and everyone must run to the other side of the room to avoid being killed by it's explosion. Now, if you do not have a paladin tank doing this, either you, or a paladin healer will need to be cleansing. That means not only do you have to watch the baddie in the middle to not get slime sprayed, but you have to be watching the infected person run to the tank and cleanse them so not to waste time. Of course, it is possible they don't move, in which the infection will wear off, an ooze will be appear, and possibly be stuck in melee killing them. (Remember the un-tauntable thing.. yeahhhh..) Once big ooze explodes, rinse and repeat until baddie is dead.

Next two wings will be up a bit later.

That is fine, grid does as well, just have to have the right setup for it, but healbot works. ^_^ I like that I can combine Clique with grid and have all (or in the priesty's case most) heals bound to mouse clicks and shift/alt/ctrl/+mouse click binds. I use it exclusively on my druid and paladin, and minorly on holy priest. I find I have just too many buttons on holy priest to bind them all to mouse buttons and key+mouse button combos.

ive done the same, most of my spells are bound to healbot for 1 click action. some them im unable to bind i use bartender with a bar next to heal bot for quick click.

thank you for all the information its so fantastic! :D

ive done the same, most of my spells are bound to healbot for 1 click action. some them im unable to bind i use bartender with a bar next to heal bot for quick click.

You would do better to keybind anything not mouse-bound with a mousover macro so that you don't have to Target person => move the mouse to bartender => click on spell => move back to healbot. Instead you can keep your mouse over healbot, and press 2 and keep going.

The keybind would do all that for you without forcing you to move your mouse around as much...which would improve your healing because of the mitigation of reaction time.

Also, don't forget using modifiers (Shift/Alt/Ctrl+Left Click) if you aren't already.

Whew, apparently storms and tornadoes from that tropical storm that just came through Texas tend to put your power out all day. Here is my explanation of the Crimson Hall, from my point of view, sorry for being a bit late.

Trash: The trash isn't difficult, just a lot of constant healing. At this point, either before or after the trash, I've always been in a situation where the swing healer now swapped to healing, so we'd have three. For the two aboms, we did two healers. So, three healers, the trash isn't really all that needed to be explained. Just need people who are smart, expect a death.

Blood Prince Council: There are three princes, all sharing the same health pool, but you can only damage one at a time, whichever one is active. They each have their own abilities but you don't need to pay attention to everything. What usually happens to me, is I end up with about a 1/3rd of the room to move within. Generally you have one tank tanking one of them to one side of the room, another tanking another on the other side of the room, and then a third "tank" (either a dps with a tank spec, or just a geared plate dps) kiting the Dark Nucleus (scary purple floaty balls). What's happened in the past is each healer ends up healing a "tank" and whatever dps they can reach in their corner of the room. You do not want to do too much running around because whenever Valanar is active, his Shock Vortex is painful, and if empowered, you can cause damage to others as well. This is why you will have your dbm set at /range 12. A shock vortex is just swirly white on the ground, stay very clear of it, it does damage and knocks you back, but, when it is an empowered shock vortex, if anyone is within 12 yards of anyone else, you will be knocked back and cause damage to yourself and others. If Valanar is not active, then you can be close to people, at this point in the game, the flames can usually be healed through even if you aren't bunched up to minimized the damage like early on. So, you're sitting there, healing a tank, healing raid people at the same time, la la la, staying clear of Vortex, and you get a Dark Nucleus on you. Just run it over to the tank who is collecting them all, he should taunt it off of you. I also keep an eye on this tank, even if he isn't my designated tank I'm healing, to put bubbles (body and soul) to help him get across the room and to aid someone with a Nucleus on them. I'm not going to confuse you by telling you what the dps does during this fight, the Tank Spot video should explain it in enough detail.

Blood Queen Lana'thel: Super fun fight, at least in my opinion, and less stressful than Blood Princes, again, my opinion. She has two phases, a ground and an air phase. The fight is mostly ground, with a short air phase every two minutes, she does have an enrage timer at 5 minutes 30 seconds. ALRIGHT! Ground phase, everyone should have /range 10 up and stay that way at all times unless you are linked. Linked you say? Yes, linked, a la yogg fight in ulduar, kinda. Every so often she picks two people and links them, you must run in together, and once in each other's personal space bubble, the link will go away. The entire time the link is on them though, they are either causing damage to themselves or themselves and those around them. Once gone, you can return to your places as normal. Also during ground phase she does this spell called Swarming Shadows, shadowy flames appear beneath one person's feet, and they must turn around, make a straight line back to the wall, and then turn and run the trail along the outside edge of the room until it is gone, then returning to their place. It's basically a purple version of the green flaming stuff on the Jarraxxus fight. Same mechanic, lots of damage, etc etc. Alrighty, now to the biting. Hopefully (and I've yet to have it happen not this way *crosses fingers*) two dps will be bitten first, no healers. Of course, if a healer is bitten first, you'll have to adjust and the other healers will need to pick up the slack that healer cannot do while possessed for a short time. Now, I've never been bitten because we always leave healers to be bitten last, and we've always downed her before it was needed that I was bitten, but, it's pretty simple. Two people are bit, it then gives them an awesome buff to do more damage, have more health, etc, but, at the end of the first 60 seconds of being bit, your bar will change and you MUST bite someone else, if they do not after 10 seconds, they will be mind controlled by her and that is no good! So, they bite a person each, you now have four people bitten, all doing crazy amounts of damage for another 60 seconds, and then the process repeats. The raid should bite their highest dps'ers first to give them the buff, then of course tanks and healers left till last. As I said earlier, she'll go into an air phase and this is when you can really shine, lots of raid healing. She does massive aoe damage that can be healed through with renews, of course keeping PoM out like always, flash heals to get Serendipity stacks up, and then your two raid heals. The mechanics of the raid stay the same though while she is in the air, people can still get flames under feet, vamps still need to bite, etc etc. When she lands, everyone keeps going as normal. Oh, and during this whole thing, she's doing a constant aoe damage tick, and it does more damage as the number of vamps in the room goes up. You will most likely need to use your shadowfiend on this fight, I always do even with a 27-28k (I think 30k fully buffed) mana pool.

GAH, Ok, done for now. Of course, I advise you to watch the Tank Spot videos, they will explain the fights in more detail, as well as let you SEE it. I watched all of them at least twice before attempting any fights. Also, I know I left Putricide out of the Plague halls, but I feel I cannot give a proper explanation of the fight because I have completed him twice ever, and it was lots of flailing. I still don't understand the mechanics of that fight I just try to stay out of bad things and stand near ranged dps. >.>

Sister Frostbadge and Dreamwalker will be up a bit later today!

Sure!! And oh gosh, I completely forgot to post Dreamwalker! *smacks self* If you have any questions about that, or are unsure of anything, don't hesitate to ask here or send me a PM!

hey you couldnt help with sindrgoza and pp also linch king. they the last ones i have left. keep failing in sin. she is hardcore! and also scary!

also are you a priest?

what do you think of the priest changes?

Yes, I did have an 80 t10 holy priest, along with a resto druid I did ICC with as well, but, I stopped playing WoW a few weeks before this latest patch. I also never did Sin or Lich King. *sadface* They were the only ones I never got to do. Purtricide... *nervous laugh* I kinda winged it every time I did that.. and it seemed to be successful. Unless I had the debuff to get away from people, I just stayed and moved with the ranged. It seemed to work. @_@ Sorry I can't help more than that, I only did it a couple of times so never got the rhythm down.

ah thats cool, thanks for the help anyway.

i havent got to PP yet. eveyone said he was really hard. harder then the blood queen (which i loved btw)

ill look other places for help.

are you loving chakra? power word santray is my fav spell. i love it.

and you can have the hole room all shiney. we had the whole of the room for blood queen all shiney. was epic! lol

my HPS was like 9k too, was really good for me.

WOOP

Putricide isn't hard, it just takes people knowing how to watch the ground and which side of the room to stand on. Other than that it's just a big DPS race. It's the only wing boss I didn't enjoy (I -loved- Sindragosa and Blood Queen)