Sabeinne

To the Loreseekers: A Call to Arms!

Sabeinne emphasized the final stroke of her signature with a flourish of her pen. She carefully wiped blood-red ink from the pen's nib as she nodded at Helling Magister, who had been standing patiently by for the past hour.

"Duplicate this and distribute it to the Loreseekers. I wouldn't mind if you let a few copies leak into the streets--the rest of the Horde would do well to see how dedicated we are to our allies. Just don't let it get into the hands of that helling Kal'dorei."

Nevitt accepted the page and said something that may have been assent. Sabeinne wasn't listening. She smiled to herself. Upon gaining intelligence that Svetlaena Quel'Ivan had been captured by their nemeses and was awaiting execution, Lysimachus and she had agreed that it presented a prime opportunity to solve a number of their problems in one stroke--rescue Quel'Ivan, dispose of the troublesome Kal'dorei, be lauded as heroes and probably become the subject of minstrels' songs. Perfect.

---

The page being distributed reads as follows:

LORESEEKERS!

There comes a time in every scholar's life when he or she must put down the pen and take up the sword--for the Protection of family and friends, for the Honour of home and country, for the Sanctification of Knowledge most holy.

That time is now.

Svetlaena Quel'Ivan, of our allied guild, the Warsong Liberators, has been captured and savaged by the demon Kal'Dorei who endeavors to plague our fine City.

'Twould be a grave dishonor to pursue the noble cause of Loreseeking while such iniquity stands. Thus, we shall put down our pens and take up our swords until Svetlaena Quel'Ivan is safe and the demon Kal'Dorei lies dead at our feet.

On behalf of my brother the Cardinal, your Commandante,

Sabeinne dej Dynastus

((OOC: In lieu of our usual Sunday event, we'll be answering Saruron's challenge this Monday night. More details to come. Grawl.))

"Damn right they'll take up arms" the disgruntled warlock murmured under his breath as he set the little paper back onto the box someone had set it upon. "Here's hoping they bring plenty of fighters. The alliance wont settle for a scant spattering of jailers for this..."

"This Quel'Ivan is of importance then?" Durk'atar looked down at the flier brought to him by Sanctuary's contacts still in Orgrimmar. Their current headquarters - a cave in the wilds of Azshara - didn't exactly lend itself to the reception of regular mail.

Saphiara shrugged, with just the slightest hint of a frown. "Not in particular. I can remember encountering the woman on only one occasion. She was a belligerent loud-mouthed drunkard, as I recall. Still, she has connections amongst many of the Horde's guilds. More importantly, she is with child. If our new goal is to protect the innocent, we cannot overlook the threat to her unborn babe."

The orc shaman nodded grimly. "No, we cannot. Our cause is just, and the spirits will bless our undertaking." He scribbled a note on the parchment, then took a steel seal in hand, asking a minor spirit of flame to heat it. He pressed seal to paper, branding it with the hammer icon of Sanctuary.

They both walked to the cave entrance, Durk'atar folding the paper into the shape of a bird as they went. "Blessed wind... I ask you to carry this message to the leaders of de Khats Sabobah." He opened his hand flat, and a breeze picked up the paper bird to carry it out of sight in the sky.

Saphiara sighed as she watched the flier disappear. "I doubt we will be able to muster more than one or two members. Our strength is still scattered."

"The important message is in our presence, not our numbers. If one of the leaders of Sanctuary is present during the rescue, it will indicate our new resolve."

As they talked, the paper bird swirled high above the clouds that could soak it with rain, bearing east across the ocean to Silvermoon, in order to deliver its simple message.

Sanctuary stands beside you.

Akselarian looked at the flyer with a scowl on his lips, shoving it into his pocket and muttering to himself. "That damned Kal'dorei will pay dearly for this, I look forwards to more fights with that coward."

((I am so there ))

The sin'dori notices another scrap of paper on one of the benches of Silvermoon and scowls as she plucks it from the surface, nearly wadding it up impatiently. With a moment's hesitation she glances at the message, then scowls.

"A member of the Liberators in their clutches? More worthy an excuse to go spill blood than most.. I'll be seeking Lady Raynell."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE AIN'T HELPIN'?!" "Simple. We don't need to, and we have work to do. The house will be empty again and we must capitalize on the extra time." "Duroxas has been one of our few allies. Your tellin' me were just going to ditch on him? That ain't like you..." "This is for the advancement of science! We need to stop caring so much about the petty lives of the living. It's interfering with our goals." "You mean your goals..." Meekwood's mind was silent after that as he continued working on a strange device in the cellar...

((I'll be attending on a different character.))

Saruron Shadowhisper mused to himself, happy at how everything was falling into place.

"Soon, Svetlaena will be killed before many onlookers, a fitting example of what happens to the filthy Horde that dare to kidnap and torture our own...and preform horrible experiments on our kind."

Still, something struck him as odd...some members of the Alliance were becoming critical of his management of Svetlaena, some going as far to call him a "monster". Have they forgotten already what has happened to Niktika?

"So she has an unborn child that will grow up to be as corrupt as the rest of them. Why not kill it ahead of time to avoid such a fate? The Horde would not be so compassionate...they wouldn't even hold someone prisoner for more than an hour before speaking of torture and execution."

Saruron sighs, writing down some words in a small piece of parchment. "In any case, I know just what to do about this execution. If she claims to love knowledge so much, then she will die in a place that signifies it...and she will learn indeed, of how slow and painful death can be."

Brave soldiers of the Alliance:

It is with great pleasure that I reveal the location of the Execution of one Svetlaena Quel'Ivan for her many, many crimes towards the Alliance.

She shall be slain in the Temple of Wisdom, a small pillar located near the ruins of Ulduar, on Monday evening.

Anyone is welcome to come watch the spectacle, but I am looking for many able-bodied Alliance to help defend the event. There were ambushes during the trial, and I would be foolish to assume that the Horde would not launch some sort of last-ditch effort to try to save her.

Any Alliance are to make sure that if a rescue attempt is made, that they are to attack Svetlaena on sight.

Do not let this message fall into the hands of Horde, as having our location compromised could complicate things.

Fight on, and never forget: the Horde will not show mercy to you, so do not do the same for them.

High Priest,

Saruron Shadowhisper.

Aetyra stood in the Trade District, shuffling through various packages and mail, some of them days, even weeks old.

A more recent, sealed letter caught her eye. Breaking the seal with a gauntleted finger, she let the parchment fall open and read it silently.

A small breeze tugged at the page, and she almost let it free, before crumpling it into dust between her hands.

"This will only be the beginning. The sin'dorei... must fall. Every last one... The void will scour them from the face of the world. Such will be the price of their betrayal."

Aetyra turned her gaze to the bustling townsfolk around her, and for a moment, was wracked with a terrible pain. "Forgive us..." she murmured, as she hefted her runeaxe back across her shoulders and strode solemnly out into the forests of Elwynn.

"Brave soldiers of the Alliance...!"

No cynical smile adorned the auburn-haired human's face, even in a situation where it would practicly be a givin. Like any of the other nameless human faces around, a specific expression had to be givin. Curiosity, as the alliance soldier told his nearby friends, and soon the slightly gathering crowd , of the imminant execution that would surely prevail over any of the savage horde's attepts to sabotauge and deny these people of "justice", followed by a "damn straight" sort of nod of anowledgement and agreement. All in the effort of a convincing blend into the stormwind populace. Conviniently, the matter of her pregnancy is not mentioned to the people, who would surely dissaprove of murdering an innocent unborn and perhaps look unfavorably upon this missive's author.

"Do not let this message fall into the hands of the horde..."

"And yet..." the sarcastic thought nonetheless attempted to rise in the warlock's mind, dispite his attempts to keep his thoughts from risking a break in the seamless meld.

For at that moment of thought, a practical caravan of draenei traders and soldiers on elekks had decided to venture down the busy trade-district road, forcing all occupants of the crowd, the soldier included as he hastilly attempted to stow the note away, to crowd against the side of the stone pavement to make plenty of room for the large beasts. The perfect oppertunity for Daronas Van'Draik to maneuver himself quite close to the soldier in the tight-packed crowd and pluck the still-exposed missive from his bag, wich was left ajar in the rush to avoid being crushed. In one swift movement he backed out of the mass of bodies and was off down a dark side ally.

"And yet, that is exactly what happened..." he thought to himself with satisfaction, red eyes gleaming in the shadows of Stormwind...

(EVENT TIMES AND STUFFS.

It'll be held within the Temple of Wisdom, slightly south-west of Ulduar on MONDAY, AT 11:00 SERVER TIME. I understand the time won't be perfect for some people, but since a lot of people have issues with Sundays, it's the best alternative that I could think of.

Hope to see a lot of people there!)

(I'm not sure what to do. Not enough people will be on earlier. I have class from 6 to 9, and people will have some problems with it being too late. I could avoid these problems if I could hold it on Sunday, but people have issues with Sunday.

Something's gotta give, unless anyone has any other ideas.)

Oy! Vin is coming,and you have me as an ally.Vin Ironwolf(Uragnin in game) is going to help you all save Svetleana and her child.

-Vin Ironwolf,Dwarf.

Edit:((apparently Svetleana wants me to adopt her child.I think its awesome.))

Edit:((apparently Svetleana wants me to adopt her child.I think its awesome.))

>_- as the father of said child, Im going to have to put a big "wut" on that))

So much chaos in such a short amount of time.

A Dwarf tried to arm Svetlaena with a weapon so that she could try to escape. He has been imprisoned with her for treason.

The burial grounds of many of Svetlaena's victims have been found, over fifty bodies located.

And now Viirchi wanted to have some...alone time with her before the execution. In addition, he has learned...much about Svetlaena's motives, and the reason she has done what she did.

It doesn't excuse her...but still. It was unfortunate.

"I'll have to make her death as painless as possible. At the least, she has deserved that much...tomorrow, it all ends."

He would make the necessary arrangements. She has to die for the safety of the Alliance.

(THE EXECUTION EVENT IS TODAY. RALLY YOUR FORCES!

There's a slight change in location, however. It shall take part in Redridge Mountains. Lakeshire Bridge, to be exact.

A LOT LESS DRAMATIC, I KNOW. But the low-levels can't make it to Ulduar, and I don't wanna cut them out of it.)