Vakshna

Calling all Azerothian super villains!!! Or anyone who would like to be a villain!!

Come Cataclysm, I expect the entire kitchenstaff will mysteriously disappear.

Yes, and at the same time the food Meeks prepares would have a unique flavor to it.

Or have abunch of frankenstien-esque mind-slaves running around doing his biding.

Yes, and at the same time the food Meeks prepares would have a unique flavor to it.

Or have abunch of frankenstien-esque mind-slaves running around doing his biding.

That sounds amazing. The latter, particularly.

so, is the musical disney villain guild worth getting to know rp wise meeks? or is it someone for arcanibus the floating mage had to make poetic insults towards and laugh as his headless body points at them whil rolling on the floor?

I had my limelight days as a slightly more visible villain on occasion with Fynne and friends, as well. Like you said, playing a straight up villain is much simpler if you have a particular hero foil to work against!

Nothin says evil like gettin yer eyeball ripped out by big beefy draenei hands for touchin priestess boob!

<3 Qabian is still my favorite bad guy

Trust me. There's evil afoot, Vakshi.

But Evil for the sake of being evil isn't evil. Its comical. Its not going to get you hunted down by heroes and nemesis, its going to get you sighed at and locked up in a nuthouse because they know you're a kook.

Evil is cracking baby skulls under your foot because they happen to be there on your way to further your goals. But being loud with your evil draws unnecessary attention, which draws heroes. So the most successful evil (in my own opinion at least.) Is the silent evils, or the villains that go about in the day smiling and conversing with everyone because their reputation is decent enough for them to get away with it and still go about their evil as they please. Quietly.

Frankly Ive seen the general opposite of your claims that there aren't enough villains. There are plenty of good evildooers, but they're not screaming sirens on their heads that they're evil, and that's probably how you've missed them.

The real challenge is finding good heroes to match these villains, in all honesty. Because everyone is RPing the bad side of the coin in one way or another, all we end up with is villains killing villains because they trod on the wrong toes.

The one thing that every villain faces, as part of their role in general, is the ultimate fate of being stopped. Its as inevitable as aging. Ill be defeated some day, Qab some day, the Dej Dynasti some day. You too.

(( By the way. My disney villain is Scar. Im just missing my hyena army... but that'l change! ))

Type D Villian here.

As a character Mordria isn't evil. She is diseased, which has in turn driven her crazy. She might team up with someone because they somehow appealed to her better nature or her curiosity. But she would be just as likely to eat your face off as she would be to follow any sort of orders.

And since being a disney villain has become some sort of insult around here...

I CALL MALEFICENT! OMNOMNOMNOM!

I'm going to have to agree that TN is in no short supply of "villain" characters-- especially if you define evil like Joyce Carol Oates once phrased it: "evil isn't a cosmological riddle, only just selfish human behavior, and this behavior the result of conscious, accountable choice."

TN has plenty of would-be badasses. What it doesn't have many of are true *foils* for other players' characters.

For example--Want a real challenge? Screw the evil archetype and try playing a law-and-order authority figure on the horde side. Watch how many rebels-without-a-cause come out of the woodwork just DYING to prove their anti-establishment bona fides on your toon.

For example--Want a real challenge? Screw the evil archetype and try playing a law-and-order authority figure on the horde side. Watch how many rebels-without-a-cause come out of the woodwork just DYING to prove their anti-establishment bona fides on your toon.

You'd also be surprised how many people respond to commands when you carry yourself as an authority figure in an RP perspective.

so, is the musical disney villain guild worth getting to know rp wise meeks? or is it someone for arcanibus the floating mage had to make poetic insults towards and laugh as his headless body points at them whil rolling on the floor?

I would say so. I'm having a blast with them, but I would expect Arcanibus to toss poetic insults at them anyway :P

I would expect Arcanibus to toss poetic insults at them anyway :P

Likely. We're not exactly ones to greet you with the Secret Evil Handshake. More likely to invite you in for tea and smile at you while we're deciding whether we hate you or not.

You'd also be surprised how many people respond to commands when you carry yourself as an authority figure in an RP perspective.

THIS. I've been walking Lythas around Silvermoon as a Blood Knight Turned Patrolman and Truancy Officer. Hilariousness ensues.

duroxas, I know what your saying about being silent, quite frankly i am subtle as far as most are concerned I'm a rather charming, polite, and all around flattering death knight. The fact is though as a villain when you do finally unveil your true goals to bring out your wickedness in hopes of having an ultimate conflict between your nemesis, you got abou 30 or so decent villains, whom all prefer to work solo. and a couple hundered goody goods willing to band together to stop you, in which your plot is inevitably foiled which is the idea, but not to be one man standing against an army thats about to skull fuck your corpse into the ground thinking "Well shit... this suucks, maybe i should call for back up.... oh wait! every chance I had at gaining an ally I turned down!" and now it's too late.

being a villain you want to go down in a blaze of glory so you will be remembered in rp after your ultimate defeat, not have a hundered plus people rofl rape you and leave them thinking "Why we're we scared of him again?"

If we either A: don't get more villains working together, or B: dramatically reducee the amount of goody goods that oppose our ideals by the time we come out gunsablazing

Our Last hoorah is gonna look ridiculously pathetic in every sense of the word. I can't be the only one who's realized this..

What I'm trying to say is that yes, it would be nice to have a loosely organized group but, I think that it looses a lot of it's novelty by forming together simply because 'hey! we're all evil and super bad, lets all join up and crush the goody goodies.'

Mind you I'm an 80's kid, I grew up on that sort of campy superfriends villainy, but it tends to get a bit dull and, if you think having 100 goodies showing up to crush the bad guys is bad think of how many would foil your efforts when you come right out and obvious about it.

Good guys can unite in one big mass cause their one goal is to stop you, that's it. Villains have it a bit more difficult because often they do have a specific goal in mind for what they're doing. Now if it were reversed and Hero was trying to bring the rock up the mountain Villain's only goal would be to stop him. The whole thing about it being easier to destroy then create.

If you are looking for an alliance for when the villains want to do something nasty and big great, I think it's kind of neat, but that sort of stuff needs to be approached on a case by case basis and your cohorts almost always need to be convinced it is worth their while to lend a hand against your foils. Thing is, a lot of the really nasty ones would wanna release the hounds out of pride if someone came out and asked them to form a secret society 'cause we're all evil'.

It's not that they don't want a little help, it's just that mostly they don't trust their comrade has their best interests at heart, so they're only gonna ally with someone if they think it's necessary.

If you wanted to be good guys, why did you roll Horde in the first place?

The opposite is true: if you wanted a bunch of super villains to interact with...

I'm going to have to agree that TN is in no short supply of "villain" characters-- especially if you define evil like Joyce Carol Oates once phrased it: "evil isn't a cosmological riddle, only just selfish human behavior, and this behavior the result of conscious, accountable choice."

TN has plenty of would-be badasses. What it doesn't have many of are true *foils* for other players' characters.

Three words in support of Mery's challenge. <Silvermoon City Watch>.

In the wake of the Kahra murder trial, the number of Raven Cross rebels-without-causes in Silvermoon TREBLED.

And then they all got bored of WoW.

duroxas, I know what your saying about being silent, quite frankly i am subtle as far as most are concerned I'm a rather charming, polite, and all around flattering death knight. The fact is though as a villain when you do finally unveil your true goals to bring out your wickedness in hopes of having an ultimate conflict between your nemesis, you got abou 30 or so decent villains, whom all prefer to work solo. and a couple hundered goody goods willing to band together to stop you, in which your plot is inevitably foiled which is the idea, but not to be one man standing against an army thats about to skull fuck your corpse into the ground thinking "Well shit... this suucks, maybe i should call for back up.... oh wait! every chance I had at gaining an ally I turned down!" and now it's too late.

being a villain you want to go down in a blaze of glory so you will be remembered in rp after your ultimate defeat, not have a hundered plus people rofl rape you and leave them thinking "Why we're we scared of him again?"

If we either A: don't get more villains working together, or B: dramatically reducee the amount of goody goods that oppose our ideals by the time we come out gunsablazing

Our Last hoorah is gonna look ridiculously pathetic in every sense of the word. I can't be the only one who's realized this..

are you ignoring everything people are telling you? what amount of goody-goods are you referring to that needs to be reduced? If you think there are a lot of them now, I have no idea how you would've done anything back when Fabled Order and IFR and the other big good guilds were active.

It seems like you have decided that there are too many good guys and not enough bad guys, and base everything on this assumption. How you came about it or why you cling to it is a mystery to me.

It seems like you have decided that there are too many good guys and not enough bad guys, and base everything on this assumption. How you came about it or why you cling to it is a mystery to me.

^^^^This.

It certainly doesn't mesh with what I've observed...

It's sort of funny. I think about it and there are a good few villains RPing out there, however few of them are actually doing evil things in game and are not making enough noise.

I agree, maybe that's why the only people that seem to stick out on hordeside are those goody goods like lightsun running around and a bunch of "I dont give a fuck" rpers, we got some villains like Angrite and her guild, The cabal, Visararath, and well there's smiles but he isn't even created yet cause cata isnt out. frankly i'll have to look around more skaadavik, i play horde, thos guilds you named are ally side, but since i started this post i been on the road, I've been doing all this from my mobile phon, yay for technology that I actually understand (which is sad seeing as i was born in the 90s and my 60 year old father knows how to use a computer better then i do xD) and Yes meekwood, Arc will have to make their head spins with poetic nonsense.... ps... he still wants to ninja your reesearch xD

*cough*

<- <- <- ANTAGONIST FOR HIRE AND HAS BEEEEEEN SINCE LIKE BC!

also, disney-style supervillains? Mass, widespread chaos like that has always been far overrated and is, in my opinion, far too childish a goal to bother with. Its all about furthering your own interests baby.

I would agree with Duro, mass chaos and anarchy is a way overrated plot concept to the character. I'd rather be netrual evil, an aglinment that let's you further your own intrest without really giving a damn about the welfare of others, so long as your goals are obtainable, much like an anti-hero.