Vakshna

Calling all Azerothian super villains!!! Or anyone who would like to be a villain!!

Qabian was a nice villain from when I was in The Grim, but the character maneuvered behind the curtains to sabotage/guide my character to his own ends (which turned out to be quite close to one another, at times, for different reasons).

I feel honored. My villainy mojo has been out of whack for a while, but it sure is nice to be remembered. Behind the scenes is a great way to operate as a villain within a collective, but doing so without a partner in crime or trustworthy henchmen can be risky/sticky business.

I had my limelight days as a slightly more visible villain on occasion with Fynne and friends, as well. Like you said, playing a straight up villain is much simpler if you have a particular hero foil to work against.

I've always considered Lysimachus his own sort of Disney-esque fail-villain, like the kind who twirls his mustache and ties the pretty maid to the railroad track, and then gets distracted by someone asking for his autograph and forgets to pull the track switch, so the train arrives harmlessly at its next destination without running over anyone, leaving him shaking his fist and cursing at the sky.

Araun plays an extremely fun villain, when he bothers, because he's a Cthulhu-is-coming-and-I-am-his-willing-and-obedient-servant type. But he and Qabian did not get along, ha! Qabian was always facepalming about how overt and stupid Araun's evil was, but it was so entertaining to interact with.

There's lots of room for villainy of many varieties and styles in WoW. It's just a bit of a delicate operation, requiring much creativity and cooperative play on both sides of the enmity. The only important thing, really, is to have fun with your concepts, whether you choose to play on the dark side or not.

As for a lack of significance in current RP or a call out for more villainy... I'm going on vacation, ha!

quite frankly dej dynastus i know are good rpers but i tend to stay away from them simply because their toons rp wise seem like the fail disney villains that Our honored villain of the week Qabian so elequently described, thanks for putting it in such entertaining terms that i would have failed to accomplish! :D

From what i read they seem to be a bunch of snobbish treasure hunters, and from rping with their butler meekwood. They seem more useful as someone to use and skrew over rather then make an allgiance with in rp, unless you want a significant influence in "Wow politics and hierarchy"

Other then that I frankly dont know much about them, and I'm making my assumption on wht I've read about them, and the brief rp I shared with their butler. None the less, any interested in getting a significant coilition of evil villains going to give the goody goods a common rp enemy if they so wish send an in game mail to my Dk Vakshna, rp if you will cause he has made his standing discreetly known to many likeminded individuals on several occasions, basically if you seek power, and don't care what you have to do to achieve it, or have any personal gain from what My deathknight has to offer, seek him out

... yes but the majority of the horde are either neutral or goody good heros sadly.... ESPECIALLY blood elves.... frigging pally's....

Stereotyping the class? Hisssss.

Neutral can be tipped into the 'eviler' side. Shades of gray can be wonderfully exploited to bring conflict, etc etc. I suppose just going to end up with what you deem as 'evil' 'cuz everyone is going to have their say on XYZ character and event.

edit: Duroxas nailed the other part I was going to comment on.

quite frankly dej dynastus i know are good rpers but i tend to stay away from them simply because their toons rp wise seem like the fail disney villains

I am insulted sir! And to PROVE our worth to you, I would like to reveal--

*removes a giant lumpy sheet with a flourish, revealing something with far too many cogs, switches and electrodes*

Our DOOMSDAY device!

Ye-es, once I hit this BIG RED BUTTON, the earth's very core will solidify, causing the entire planet to implode! Because that is how science works!

And then everyone will know who is the most beautiful elf of them all!

Ah-ha! Ah-HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA.

Problem is, my villain has no interest in undermining either faction, Whats in it for her? From what I've noticed most villains for the large part don't try to work together because a lot of the good ones aren't being evil just for the sake of being evil, usually they have their own goals for what they want to accomplish and evil just happens to be a stop along the way that has a lovely town that sells king size peanut butter cups......

...anyway now and then sure you get them working together because sometimes the goals coincide, which is good because done well I think it could be something really neat. Just gotta understand it's not gonna work as a well oiled machine like those goody goodies across the way.

Villain A wants to get this one guy who stole his peanuts 5 years ago, Villain B thinks everyone would be happier if both factions fell apart and a new one could rise up, Villain C wants to pave the way for his god, D just wants to create as much carnage as possible and E is in it for profit.

To make an example of this, or make my point...whatever.

Villain E could probably get paid off early on.

Villain A puts up a good fight but you know once he sees his nemesis he's off.

Villain D is difficult to control and you're just as likely to run in his blade as anyone else if you bother him enough

Villain C is....well anyone that fanatical can't be good for long

So Villain B is on his own

So if you do this you might have better luck approaching each villain individually in RP and see if you can interest them in a brief coalition for YOUR own ends and that might take a little diplomacy, doesn't even have to be an established villain either as with a little effort you could just try to hire some nice henchmen.

I just think having an injustice society might not be up everyones alley.

Problem is, my villain has no interest in undermining either faction, Whats in it for her? From what I've noticed most villains for the large part don't try to work together because a lot of the good ones aren't being evil just for the sake of being evil, usually they have their own goals for what they want to accomplish and evil just happens to be a stop along the way that has a lovely town that sells king size peanut butter cups......

Also, this. Most villains aren't Supporting the Cause of Evil, they're Supporting the Cause of Me. A lot of villainous characters are actually more neutral-aligned than evil-aligned. The villainy comes from the lengths they'll go to to reach their goals.

I'll use my own character as an example. Her main goal is keeping the House together and increasing the House's power. Granted, a "good" character would probably not share the goal of increasing power, but plenty of non-villainous (if not precisely good) characters would go about it by the accepted means of political process, without unusual amounts of backstabbing. Mine has been known to murder her nephews and persuade her brother to start an organization that steals from old gnome ladies.

So I agree with Viirchi. Most villains aren't going to want to organize with other villains unless there's most definitely something in it for them. In fact, Disney villains are the only ones I can see organizing simply for the sake of villainy.

Shades of gray can be wonderfully exploited to bring conflict, etc etc.

Shades of gray is done to -death-, and most of times is just an excuse not to guide a character by a moral compass.

frankly though the simple fact is almost all villains have one thing in common, no matter how their goals differ, they all want power... accept for villain D who just wants to butcher things, which makes villain D the kinda villain you'd want leading your armies of mass destruction so he can cackle maniacally as he decapitates a gnome and drinks it's blood from said gnomes carved out skull. Hopefully keeping him utterly satisfied and content doing your dirty work while the other super villains plot and scheme behind enemy lines about howto steal the hero's cookie of everlastin joy! xD

Shades of gray is done to -death-, and most of times is just an excuse not to guide a character by a moral compass.

Shades of Grey is REALISTIC.

"Hahahhahahaaa I'm Evil!" Is not.

Actually, realistically, Everyone is a Grey. How dark the shade or how light the tint is the trick. This is why I Haaaaate the classic Alignments.

A Magneto-type Villain is Much more realistic, and fun to play with than... let's say, a Dr. Doom who really... is one of those /facepalm villains, or a Bond Villain.

Anyways, I have a Villain as well, if people would like to interact with him.

I'm pretty sure there is no lack of villains in this RP community, merely a lack of trust to place one's character in the hands of a villain.

If anything, this seems like more of a desire for an infamous villain, which everyone despises and hates and fears, which I am not sure is a possibility in an MMO-RPG environment. Eventually someone can go all, "Lul, wotcha gonna do t'me, bub?" The answer, of course, is that if you're unwilling, he can't do anything to you.

Also, everyone scurrying away or reluctantly talking to you in abject terror is fun for an hour or two, but eventually it gets rather tedious and lonely.

Everyone is a Gray.

I would say me more than any of you, hellers.

Har har har.

which I am not sure is a possibility in an MMO-RPG environment.

This. This so much. If I could kill you all at any point in time, sabotage everything, make lives miserable, I would.

BUT you can't.

Or Tenj kills you.

Anyways,

I still fail to see a viable excuse as to why like minded individual villains couldnt interact, they may have different goals, but in any course of villany power allows them to achieve those goals, and with so many goody goods and neutrals RP is starting to seem less like a story, and more likee a never ending SOAP opera, in which their is no true villain only a bunch of poorly paid actors who will never get anywhere significant, and will bee forgottena few months after the show ends if that...

In other words wows rp is starting to seem less fantasy like, and more like a bad mix of "All my children", and "Desperate housewives"

rp is going from exciting to "I really have nothing better to do with my life then this?"

What's wrong with Desperate Housewives??

I find the best way to get in some good villainy is just to talk to the good guys (or just general opposition) out of character beforehand. If you have a good storyline in mind and you ask their permission, people are often quite willing to let you do terrible terrible things to them (see Niktika's new haircut). After all, what's the fun of being a good guy if you don't have bad guys to fight with? You just gotta be prepared to lose; the bad guy always loses in the long run. ;D Also, bad guys vs. bad guys is pretty fun too.

Ooh, and here are some good examples of recent evil-ness on TN (I quite enjoyed them anyway): One Example! Two Example!

My point being that there's some rather good stories going around and not all of them are about goody-goodys.

So I say, yes, do look for villains to ally with! Like someone mentioned before, the best way would probably be to contact them on an individual basis and try to persuade them that it would be in their best interests to join with your character.

((meh meekwood's too goody good))

HE DUN KNOW ME VEWY WELL, DO HE?

But as of late, yea, just because he sort of needs to stay low profile. I assure you, he is simply biding his time until it's safe to start his research again (IE. Cataclysm). Even at that, I never saw him as a "good guy".

Meekwood is an undead butler who lives quietly in the cellar of an enormous noble household.

How could there possibly be anything good about that? I mean, why the CELLAR? What's he DOING down there? Why are other servants occasionally going missing?!

Come Cataclysm, I expect the entire kitchenstaff will mysteriously disappear.

I guess i would have to rp with you people to tell if your really synical, but quite frankly me trying to picture a sinister treasure hunting doowap group makes me giggle inside, like watching a disney musical villain xD

Nadea is evil. A bit crazy, a bit old, but defintley evil. She's a warlock driven by demonic power, you know how it goes!

Most of Infection plays evil, save for a few folks here and there. I mean, we DO work for Sylvanas herself, gotta do what's best for the Forsaken. Silly lesser races!

come Cataclysm you'll see more of Infection's presence in the world, and likely closer to the end of the expansion. I personally haven't been playing much lately, though I do know some of the guild members have been around more often- if you're looking for evil RPers, or evil ideas, I do suggest speaking with some of our members. You're welcome to join our OOC channel as well, if you just want to chat. A lot of people are off playing alts and not on their Infection toons, but you'll find them there xD

like watching a disney musical villain xD

I quite often burst into song.

"I'm abouuuuuuuut to killllll you deeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD"

"Why won't you eat my BREAAAAAAAAAD"

"Oh no, where is your HEAAAAAD"

Time for a choreographed dance routine...

and back to villainy.