Abric

Starcraft 2

My sister took the Predator over the Hercules.

Apparently she loves it - it's insanely fast, and that pulse thing is quite useful when attacked by multiple enemies, because it pulses EVERY time you attack.

... wonderful, I just closed my tab where I was doing a write-up. So, short version.

Starcraft 2 is an excellent game. If you like RTS', get it. If you kind of like RTS', get it. If you played Dawn of War 2, Starcraft 2 takes an approach very similar to it; but they do a hell of a lot better job at it.

There is a lot of story element with the game; so your eyes will be pleased as you progress through the story with details that were not possible with Starcraft or the Warcraft RTS series. There are a lot of Easter Eggs in it, and you also get a top-down spaceship shooter with Lost Viking; which is enjoyable and fun. All in all, you get about 21 cinematics; with 5 of those being "movie-style" quality. The in-game graphics are outstanding; so you will still be pleased with those.

In case multi-player isn't your thing; they have added Challenges that allow you to train for multi-player without having to actually do a multi-player game. Slow clicker? Don't know what macro and micro means? Unsure what unit beats waht? The Challenges will help you with that, for all three factions... so, you don't have to worry about being thrown to the wolves.

I think I'm going to make a Starcraft 2 social group (after checking to see if there isn't already one), so that those who are playing have a place to chatty-chat, and maybe get together to do some matches.

Also, I have used up all of my Guest Passes. If you are still looking for Guest Pass, honestly... talking to anybody who has the game. It will give you 7 hours of game time (or 14 days) of the full game. SO... you aren't restricted except by time. If you do choose to BUY the game, you just input the new CD key into your battle.net account, and any progress you made with the Guest Pass will stick with you... so you don't have to be afraid of losing any progress.

... I do still have 2 free trials for World of Warcraft, though. So, if any of you haven't heard of the game, it's an MMO people play. Mwhahahaha!

EDIT: Social Group made.

As a note, there are actually 2 movie cinematics per each of the two "this or that" decisions in the game.

IE: If you choose to help the doctor, when you beat the mission, you get a cinematic.

If you choose to help the protoss over the doctor, when you beat the mission, you get a different cinematic.

If you choose to help Tosh over Nova, when you beat the mission, you get a cinematic.

If you choose to help Nova over Tosh, when you beat the mission, you get a different cinematic.

Just an addition :P I really like how they developed separate movie-style cinematics based on choices that really don't affect the main storyline.

So. My collectors edition finally came in the mail today. I am installing now but I have a feeling I wont be playing tonight. Since I have waited for this game for over a decade, I will take a slow methodical approach to it.

However, the art book, guest passes (yes I have two guest passes to SC2), sound track, and most importantly the comic book was more than worth it. Of course, there is more to this lovely bundle but I am not as interested in it.

Now, I dont follow many comics. I appreciate them but dont read them religiously. While there are parts of the SC comic that make me scratch my head (art wise), I really enjoyed it. With that, I will probably follow this comic if I have the chance to get it regularly. : )

We all got guest passes if we got a box for the regular edition. Same with two WoW ten day passes. Still looking for a teammate, but I thought I'd leave a link to the main theme, it's got the classic main menu theme, the anthem for Wings of Liberty, the song I mentally refer to as Elesia after DuGalle's wife, as it was played when he shot himself, and when he and Stukov were surveying a battle against the Zerg, an a Protoss-soundy thing.

I think I finally nailed down what bugged me about the campaign.

Raynor is a Mary Sue. Or mostly, anyway. Even the people who don't like him, or shouldn't like him, change their minds fairly quickly, and virtually everyone else has this within-two-missions camaraderie with him that drives me nuts.

Eh...I would disagree. He really doesn't fit like any of the qualifications of a Mary Sue.

I'm guessing the camaraderie note was in regards to Dr. Hanson. I'd say that "Saying my life and the lives of my people" would make me like somebody too, lol.

The characters of like Tosh and Tychus...well...there's specific reasons why they act the way they do towards Raynor.

I have mixed feelings about the ending personally. All in all, fantastic campaign mode. Yay customization and neat little trinkets and such.

WTB auto-refineries ALL THE TIME.

Being a veteran from the beta whos made it to the High gold/ platinum leagues in said beta, im going through the campaign on brutal.

If anybody has any questions on strategy for the game, or wants to face me in a match, feel free to ask.

Fynne just doesnt like the fact that there is someone with better hair than him. It's okay.

It's true. Valerian is my favorite kind of pretentious (that is to say: good looking and pretentious.)

Don't get me wrong - there were lots of things I loved about the game (talent-tree-esque research paths, upgrades purchasable outside of missions instead of researching each mission, decisions [not as good as decision-paths, but still good!]), so it's not like I'm a hater. ;)

It's true. Valerian is my favorite kind of pretentious (that is to say: good looking and pretentious.)

Don't get me wrong - there were lots of things I loved about the game (talent-tree-esque research paths, upgrades purchasable outside of missions instead of researching each mission, decisions [not as good as decision-paths, but still good!]), so it's not like I'm a hater. ;)

I prefer multiplayer gameplay.

But the campaign mode is pretty sweet as far as a story goes.