Anaie

Paying 10g per...

Heavy Junkbox. COD to Anaie. Paying for as long as I need them, which will be a little while at least (I think I need 1300 more?).

Because time is money, friend.

The adage refers to the time value of money, or the theory that money today is better than money tomorrow. Money naturally depreciates in value as time goes on. This is not a call to spend like crazy, merely to ensure that such money is employed quickly and to its greatest efficiency, unless there is a really good reason to hoard it (i.e. "Oh no!" "The government has gone mad!" "Interest rates are about to go up!" "We're about to hit a market crash!")

It also can refer to opportunity cost. In this case however, is the saved time of a BRD pickpocketing spree worth 10g -per lockbox-?

It also can refer to opportunity cost. In this case however, is the saved time of a BRD pickpocketing spree worth 10g -per lockbox-?

Well lets say she has 13,000 gold to throw around at lockboxes.

If we say that getting one lockbox takes 5 minutes, that's 6500 minutes to get 1300 lockboxes. Or about 108 hours of straight grinding for lockboxes.

If you make 100 gold per hour played a day (which isn't difficult) you can make 13,000 gold in 7800 minutes. Or 130 hours.

So if time = money, and you want 1300 lockboxes, then grinding the lockboxes is arguably the better route.

But that doesn't factor in 1) that making gold can be fun, 2) you can make a lot more than 100 gold per hour, 3) the drop rate for lockboxes may be higher or lower than 5 minutes, and 4) grinding one thing for hours on end is BORING AS SIN.

In the Goblin sense, and how I used the quote, it refers to this. Opportunity cost. And as someone with a rogue who has spent a fair amount of time pick-pocketing, not only would it be faster for me to earn the 13,000 gold than to gather the lockboxes, it would be more enjoyable as well.

Perhaps Anaie is in the same boat?

I am in the end stages of the looooooong Steamwheedle grind, and I 1) wanted to get a bit of a jump on the boxes, if I could and 2) I dont make any money grinding the boxes. It is inefficient to kill the targets. I go in BRD, I pickpocket about 1/3 of it that gives the boxes I need, I exit and reset.

I will be grinding them as much as needed, but if I can pick up a few hundred for some gold, it would be nice.

Plus. They don't stack, and Moll-E has a long cooldown. And if someone CODs to me, I can just go right to Ravenholdt and turn them in out of Moll-E there, no need to get them, mail them to my banker, and return them.

Plus, boxes are my last step for the achieve.

Just a bump. On the last step, but junkboxes come in at about 1 per minute... so that is about 10 more hours of work.

10g per Box, COD to Anaie directly.