Necroxis

So, Avatar is getting a "spinoff" (I really dislike that term since spinoff often implies worse than the original regardless if the show is even out yet) series entitled Avatar: The Legend of Korra.

It follows a teenage avatar from the Southern Water Tribe who has already mastered Water, Fire, and Earth, and seeks to master air. So she travels to "Republic City" and learns from the SON OF AANG named Tenzin.

Thoughts? I have complete faith in this show since it's being made by the same creators of the original, and M. Night Shamylan is nowhere near this. 'nuff said.

I guess Avatar's can have children.

I don't recall specifically, but I could swear that in that episode where they explained the Reincarnation cycle that Avatars couldn't have children (Not that they couldn't physically, but they couldn't because they're Avatars) or families, or earthly ties to the the physical world.

It's the reason why Aang struggled towards the end because he had to "Let Katara go" for the Avatar State.

I don't recall specifically, but I could swear that in that episode where they explained the Reincarnation cycle that Avatars couldn't have children (Not that they couldn't physically, but they couldn't because they're Avatars) or families, or earthly ties to the the physical world.

It's the reason why Aang struggled towards the end because he had to "Let Katara go" for the Avatar State.

I know the previous Avatar (the fire one - friend to the evil fire dude) had a wife, thats all I got though. I don't think there would be a problem with an Avatar having a child.

e: Avatar Roku. I just remember when his island volcano is blowing up, he has a lady friend living with him.

I also thought Aang had to let go of his love for Katara in that, as the Avatar, the good of the many outweighed the good of the one.

Ah yeah...you're right. Zuko was the great grandson of Roku.

I guess that "Need of the many outweigh the need of the one" didn't really turn out so well, eh? :P

Yeah, it was Aang's love for Katara that was preventing him from going into the Avatar State the last time. Regardless, I'm wondering now who the mother is to Tenzin. Other things I've read suggest that they plan on having Toph still be around and have a few cameos. 70 years later...she'd be...82?

Yeah, it was Aang's love for Katara that was preventing him from going into the Avatar State the last time. Regardless, I'm wondering now who the mother is to Tenzin. Other things I've read suggest that they plan on having Toph still be around and have a few cameos. 70 years later...she'd be...82?

King Bumi (sp?) was like a hundred and something, because Aang knew him from when he was... not frozen.

Yeah, that's true. The only reason I brought up Toph is because she's the only one I've managed to read a rumor about appearing in the new show, as her actual self, and not some spirit-world version or memory/ect.

They said in the article/interview where I saw this announced that Katara is Tenzin's mother. And that Aang died fairly young for an avatar because of the 100 years suspension in the ice.

As a note, Roku was maried. It's mentioned when he's talking to Anng and telling his side of the love/hate relationship story involving the previous fire lord. It was at the poor guy's wedding party that he was asked to side with the fire nation in the planned war.

I don't know if he had any children or not.

Seeing Toph still up and kicking (ass) would be amusing. Wonder if she will bee a little off kilter (or seem that way) like Boomy was. But, seeing if she perfected metal bending would rock. ;)

Go figure that the kids and I have now started a betting pool of sorts as to what might come up in the series. :D

That's... weird. I thought they were sort of like monks who took a vow of chastity? I do love the original series though.

The Avatar's themselves had lives and had loves, but because Aang was an Airbender, his thought of "how to act" was like the monk's that trained him.

During that scene when he was communing with his past self on the dragon...rock...turtle thing, he was finding it difficult to come to grips to killing the Firelord. Despite him talking to an Earth, Water, and Fire Avatar... he couldn't truly connect to what they were saying; so he spoke to a previous Air Avatar and; thinking they would relate, he just found out his problems were his own ... and despite him knowing *what* to do, he was having a hard time coming to the reality of it all.

I kind of liked what they did there, and unlike Japanese animation... they didn't dwell on it and make him a whiny little bitch. To keep this in line with the concept of children and love, Aang... as the Last Airbender, felt he had to keep ties to who and what he was; despite being an Avatar. In the end, he realized that, in the end, he had to do what was right for the world; but by doing so he kept true to himself. Pretty deep shit for a Nickelodeon cartoon made for 10 year olds.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned; but Roku had children; Zoku's mother was a descendant. Heh, I guess you could say the Firelord's literally screwed the Avatar's over. Har har har!