Dahnek

New Talents Tree design is up.

The news of "Armor Specializations" is a good one, and will finally settle the debacle of Plate wearers grabbing leather and the like. I'm very happy to see Pale Horse returned to DK's this build, but must admit that the Frost Tree first tier is painful for Frost PvP. Hopefully that will be tuned better in regards to talent placement.

The new ability Festering Strike looks appealing from both a PvP and dps standpoint, given the nerfs to pestilence.

Indeed. However with the current tree builds Frost PvPers are forced to pick between two undesirable talents to get farther into the tree. Imp Icy Touch, if it effected the dmg of FF instead would be valid, because in PvP our frost runes are better spent on Chains of Ice for control and Howling Blast for burst/aoe. The only other option becomes Nerves of Cold Steel, which caters to the DW dpsers but again leaves PvPers lost.

Here's something I have noticed playing in Beta:

I HATE HATE HATE what they have done to Arcane Missles. HATE HATE HATE HATE. MAKING IT A PROC IS A COMPLETELY STUPID IDEA.

*grumbles*

Arms

Overpower now has a 1 sec cooldown. Down from 5 sec.

Thunder Clap damage has been increased by ~25%

Strikes of Opportunity *New* - Grants a 16% chance for your melee attacks to instantly trigger an additional melee attack for 50% normal damage. Chance increased further by mastery rating.

Colossus Smash *New* Battle / Berserker Stance - Smashes a target for weapon damage plus 120 and weakens their defenses, allowing your Mortal Strike, Heroic Strike, Bloodthirst and Overpower

to bypass their armor for 6 sec sec. / 30 Rage, 5 yd range, Instant, 20 sec cooldown

Second Wind now is a Tier 2 talent. Down from Tier 6.

Blood Frenzy now is a Tier 4 talent. Down from Tier 5.

Sudden Death is now a Tier 5 talent (Down from Tier 4), 2 points (Down from 3 Points) and now is - Your melee hits have a 5/10% chance of resetting the cooldown on your Colossus Smash, and you keep 5/10 rage after using Execute.

Improved Slam now also increases Slam's damage by 10/20%.

Taste for Blood now also increases your Overpower critical strike chance by 20/40/60%.

Improved Overpower is gone.

Drums of War (Tier 2) *New* - Reduces the rage cost of your Hamstring, Shield Bash, Pummel, and any shouts which cost rage by 25/50%.

Blitz is now a Tier 1 talent. Down from Tier 2.

Impale is now a Tier 3 talent. Up from Tier 2.

Improved Hamstring is back as a Tier 3 talent - Your Hamstring ability immobilizes the target for 5 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30/60 sec.

Tactical Mastery is back as a Tier 2 Talent - You retain up to an additional 25/50 rage when you change stances.

Fury

Bloodthirst now has a 3 sec cooldown. Down from 4 sec.

Victory Rush no longer has a stance requirement. (Be careful with that one, tooltip bugs happened with warrior stances)

Unshackled Fury *New* - Increases the benefit of abilities that cause you to be enraged or consume an enrage effect by 80%.

Flurry is now a Tier 3 talent. Down from Tier 5.

Heroic Fury is now a Tier 5 talent. Down from Tier 4.

Raging Blow now has a 6 sec cooldown. Up from 3 sec.

Booming Voice now is a Tier 5 talent. Up from Tier 4.

Fury in the Blood is gone.

Die by the Sword (Tier 5) *New* - Increases your parry chance by 100% for 4/8 sec whenver you are brought to 20% health or less. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 2 min.

Enrage is now a Tier 2 talent. Down from Tier 3. Changed to - Your melee hits have a 3/6/9% chance to Enrage you, giving you a 3/7/10% damage bonus for 12 sec.

Blood Craze is now a Tier 1 talent. Down from Tier 2.

Improved Execute is now a Tier 3 talent. Up from Tier 2.

Armored to the Teeth is gone.

Rude Interruption (Tier 2) *New* - Successfully interrupting a spell with Shield Bash or Pummel increases your damage by 5% for 30 sec/1 min.

Protection

Shield Block now has a 1 min cooldown. Up from 30 sec.

Critical Block *New* - Increases your chance to block by 10% and your chance to critically block by 10%. Chances increased further by mastery rating.

Shockwave now deals [ 75% of AP ] damage. (Up from 38% of AP)

Warbringer now is a Tier 5 talent. Down from Tier 6.

Devastate additional damage has been increased by 66%.

Damage Shield now deals 10/20% of your attack power. (Old - 20/40% of your Strength)

Improved Revenge is now a Tier 2 talent. Down from Tier 3.

Incite no longer affects Thunder Clap or Cleave. Additional effect - your Heroic Strike critical strikes have a 33/66/100% chance to make you next Heroic Strike also a critical strike. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6 seconds.

Holy crap warrior changes are awesome. Really interesting ability synergy, and now the first two tiers seem to have something everyone wants. I do wonder if they'll keep it this way. Second Wind being tier 2 again and Blood Craze at tier 1 means prot can gain back assloads of health in pvp, and it looks like heroic strike might replace devastate or shield slam as the staple prot pvp attack.

I so don't want to be this guy. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE THIS GUY.

But for fuck's sake, can the fucking shaman class get some goddamn attention? Can we have something other than lip service paid to our class? Especially resto and elemental. Seriously. Please. Every other beta build at this point has some huge talent shifts for warriors and warlocks and three other classes.

Rogues and hunters are probably feeling me too.

I so don't want to be this guy. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE THIS GUY.

But for fuck's sake, can the fucking shaman class get some goddamn attention? Can we have something other than lip service paid to our class? Especially resto and elemental. Seriously. Please. Every other beta build at this point has some huge talent shifts for warriors and warlocks and three other classes.

This and honestly in one of their posts they says shaman's were among the most complete...along with warriors. But they keep moving things for warriors and creating new things for them. While nothing as changed for the resto shaman beside some talents being condensed or out right lost, but mostly everything being the same.

I agree with Dio, I believe it was him, when he mentioned that its odd Blizzard is focused in redesigning a class (paladins) when they are not particularly broken. Shaman's could use so many more defensive utility or atleast go down the path of being the most offensive healer which I viewed them as during my play of them. Either be able to survive or kill fast enough or assist in killing then healing becomes a little less needed then other healers.

One day it will come down to shamans being fed up and throwing a big enough fit for Blizzard to show this Paladin love to shamans.

Yeah, Blizzard said recently that Shaman were one of the most complete classes, so I won't be surprised if what we're seeing here is how things are gonna be.

It's really kinda sad, seeing the Shaman changes compared to everybody else this last patch.

I know where you're comin' from, but I also know that, for hunters, talent trees are not the biggest thing on the plate right now - Focus is. Once they get that down, I have a feeling we'll start seeing a lot more changes to the hunter trees. Also, pets haven't even gotten a single pass yet.

I do feel for the shamans though. I would love Spirit Link for you guys too. :(

Yeah, Blizzard said recently that Shaman were one of the most complete classes, so I won't be surprised if what we're seeing here is how things are gonna be.

This makes me cry totem-tears.

Yes, totems have tears.

Eh.

It makes me glad that Shaman will no longer be my class of choice come Cataclysm. But you never know - perhaps things won't be so bad. Maybe they don't feel they need to make so many changes because Shaman are in a good place in the beta. Or maybe they don't intend to change TOO much until it's later in the beta and people are doing PvP testing rather than leveling and questing testing.

SOMEONE MAKE A PRE-MADE SHAMAN AND FIND OUT FOR US AHMG! *flail*

I also have a new signature quote for you, Dio :P I hijacked it from mmo-champions ;p

Hey, this is nice:

However, we are going to increase buff totem range (and possibly other totem range) and we have figured out a way to make Searing Totem attack your target, instead of a random and probably inappropriate target.

Of course, having it not shoot at stupid things initially would have worked too.

He also kind of said that shamans of all classes are the ones that get to "sometimes" choose between dps and utility. I actually did not realize that, ok I did when I had to drop poison cleansing or mana spring for mana tide. I don't know why they don't go the activate route they took with fire nova totem activating off current placed fire totem.

Of all classes paladins had the similar case and I felt it a lot during BC where they had to choose between buffs and blessing of protection/freedom/salvation so forth. They went a good route with converting them to Hands and not overriding buffs. They got to maintain their dps/longevity buffs while getting to have their utility without having to refresh a overridden buff. But why then do Shamans have to constantly place down totems overriding buffs then having to put them back up? Blizz says totems are cheap to replace but a lot of mana drained is just constant totem replacement, specially high target totems or totems with limited use time.

I mainly got this argument from the thread the blue post was in where it was talking about this kind of issue. Also bring up things like "Alright Elemental as 10% sp with all fire totems but Enh still as to juggle around SoE totem."

So Rik (heid) was bitching because they've UPPED the coefficient on Lava Burst. "WTF I already almost turn into a paladin puddle with those stupid 15k crits now!"

and my response "Shamans scale like shit. They always have. It probably isn't doing the right percentage of damage (see, the 13-15k crit of today) in Wrath, so they needed to up the damage for it to scale properly..... Or you know, they're trying to throw ele a bit of a bone since they gave hero/lust to mages."

and then he was all "blabla stop qqing blabla special snowflake.. blabla no one's unique anymore" -- Only in all caps, because obviously he does that in real life too, duh.

and I said "Battle Res, though last time I heard they're trying to make Soulstones a reactive thing instead of a pro-active thing."

It really was a fun conversation ;p

TLDR?

YAY LAVA BURST.

I don't know the numbers as far as damage output in Cataclysm. From what I've seen in the previews, at level 82 people have been doing... pretty much the same damage with Lava Burst.

I expect it might be increased PARTLY because of the HP increase, too. But then, I don't expect a buff like "Here, have an extra 25% damage output on your biggest hitting attack" to really remain in place, honestly.

Pretty pleased with DK changes so far, although I feel DRW in Blood could use a buff to 75% dmg from 50% to make up some of the burst lost from Hysteria and Sudden Doom. Unholy looks the same and 2-hander Frost is looking amazing.

Pretty pleased with DK changes so far, although I feel DRW in Blood could use a buff to 75% dmg from 50% to make up some of the burst lost from Hysteria and Sudden Doom. Unholy looks the same and 2-hander Frost is looking amazing.

Could be cause blood is moving to tank spec that it has less damage? Also, see swerto's comment, they may not be balanced damage outputs yet.

Actually Vengeance will cause the dmg output on Blood to be generally the same as current. I'm speaking of spikey, burst dmg, solely from a PvP standpoint. DRW was nerfed to 50% due to the presence of Hysteria and DC bombs making the spec super-bursty. Without Sudden Doom and Hysteria, I'm merely thinking out loud about how Blood can be finer tuned for PvP.