Tydis

Heritage

You are forgetting that they also ate those they killed in battle as the ultimate insult.

Who am I to judge?

I descended from these guys!

apocalypto_big.jpg1165796151

Yup if you look far enough back into any culture's past you find things that will back hand you for nit picking someone else's culture. ;)

The Irish took the heads of those they killed in battle. If memory serves they were called called 'Macha's acorns'. When they stopped doing that they turned to stealing each other's cattle for bragging rights. xD

I don’t have any head chopping, tattoo wearing stories :)...but since I haven’t posted anything about food in this thread yet, I’ll show you some of my favorite Brazilian food.

This is mandioca frita. Spanish speakers will call it Yuca. It’s a root and it’s delicious. I made some last week with steak and some rice and beans.

mandioca.jpg

This is Feijoada, a type of dinner/lunch for special occasions. It consists of a lot of black beans and pork.

feijoada.jpg

And this is my favorite Brazilian restaurant: Fogo de Chao - http://www.fogodechao.com/ Thank the gods they have one here in Austin. It costs at least $100 a couple to eat there but I swear everyone leaves there going, “Wow…just wow.” It’s stupefying good. Unless you are a vegetarian, then don’t go there.

Who am I to judge?

I descended from these guys!

apocalypto_big.jpg1165796151

the-dying-gaul.jpg

And as a half-blooded Celtic, I descended from this guy.

And as a half Swede, vikings like these:

Sweden_Longship.jpg

As Amoolah said. Look far back enough into History and really we all just go back to this:

spears.png

the-dying-gaul.jpg

And as a half-blooded Celtic, I descended from this guy.

I've so been in there. It's at the Capitoline Museum ^_^ they've got a creepy naked boy with no eyes picking at a sliver in the next room over <_<

When someone asks me, "Do you want to go to lunch?" I have to think about it for a few seconds. Do they really want me to go to lunch with them or are they being polite. In Brasil, the custom is to refuse an invitation 2 times and accept on the 3rd. If a person asks you three times, it's because they really wanted to invite you, but if they ask you only twice, they were just being polite...and there is no hard feelings. For the first 18 years of my life, this occured almost on a daily basis so it's very hard to just put that asside. So everytime I get asked if I want something, a whole debate goes on inside my head. If I refuse here in the US, maybe they will ask, "Are you sure?" but most likely they will not ask a third time.

Since I'm having a drink or two tonight...I'll go down this memory lane and post my favorite Brazilian drink: Caipiroska.

Recipe: Crush sugar into the lime wedges with a spoon. Place the lime wedges in the bottom of an 8 oz. glass. Cover with crushed ice, fill glass with vodka, and serve.

caprioska.jpg

No no no no no...

Caipiranha. You use Cachaça, not vodka.

And Fogo is a pale immitation of the real Churrascarias in Brazil.

No no no no no...

Caipiranha. You use Cachaça, not vodka.

And Fogo is a pale immitation of the real Churrascarias in Brazil.

Caipirinha is very good as well, but where would I get the Pinga!!?

what my heritage has brought to the world.

GERMAN_BEER_GIRLS.jpg

unfortunately, most of the girls that I know who look like this are related to me.

Toss me their numbers and I'll take them off your hands.

Well... it's hard to say because I'm adopted. I'm not really sure if I've posted in this thread...

Anyway, I know that my biological mother was part German, and based on the fact I was born a redhead (though it's more of a brown-auburn now), have green eyes, and am literally covered in freckles, points to maybe Irish-Scot origin.

When I look at my face, compared to native Irish women or women of Irish descent I can see those same features in me.

However, I've been compared to a lot of Russian women in my life. So, perhaps my father was Russian or Ukranian. I almost want to post a picture of my face so people could give me some input.

Well... it's hard to say because I'm adopted. I'm not really sure if I've posted in this thread...

Anyway, I know that my biological mother was part German, and based on the fact I was born a redhead (though it's more of a brown-auburn now), have green eyes, and am literally covered in freckles, points to maybe Irish-Scot origin.

When I look at my face, compared to native Irish women or women of Irish descent I can see those same features in me.

However, I've been compared to a lot of Russian women in my life. So, perhaps my father was Russian or Ukranian. I almost want to post a picture of my face so people could give me some input.

Sounds like you are very pretty.

Puerto Rica and German by way of Bavaria. I was raised by the German side of my family, and most of the food is kind of gross. Or possibly my mother is a terrible cook...

wursts.jpg

Here we have some Schnitzel, Schweinebauch, Weibwurst, and Bratwurst. Yay for pork. >.<

And though I don't know half as much as I would like to about the other side of my family or the culture that surrounds it. I was lucky enough to spend time with my grandma when I was very small. And I know that my passionate nature and love of dance couldn't have come from anywhere else.

news_923salsadance.jpg

Sadly Mordria.. if I hadn't met your mother and sister I would NEVER believe you were PuertoRican..

I can't imagine you with your natural haircolour.

D: